IGNORED

The Lack Of Stead

BCFCfan

Huddersfield interested apparently, perhaps that deal will depend on Jordan Rhodes and/or Maynard situation?!

Not sure how you can compare rhodes and stead? I'm suprised Stead hasn't had a chance as Mcinnes didn't clean slate etc.. as you would of thought he'd be on the bench with both pitman and Maynard on the pitch last night. So seems possibly on the way out or not fit enough possibly?

Not sure how you can compare rhodes and stead? I'm suprised Stead hasn't had a chance as Mcinnes didn't clean slate etc.. as you would of thought he'd be on the bench with both pitman and Maynard on the pitch last night. So seems possibly on the way out or not fit enough possibly?

Was thinking more to do with finance, perhaps Huddersfield need the money to sign Stead and pay his wages.

Yes Rhodes and Stead are polar opposites.

Was thinking more to do with finance, perhaps Huddersfield need the money to sign Stead and pay his wages.

Yes Rhodes and Stead are polar opposites.

Fair do's hadn't realised you meant from that angle. doubt Stead would cost that much if he did go. Is a shame that fans from his previous teams seem to be right they said he would have a good first season and then would faulter.

It appears most posters here believe this 'mucking about in training' rumour as if it's a proven fact. It isn't. No-one here witnessed it and I for one would think it's highly unlikely.

McInnes has played Stead twice - against Birmingham and Coventry - but what he saw is unlikely to have impressed. We know what Stead is capable of, so I'm unsure why he's not done much this season. Not fully recovered from injury, perhaps?

I agree a target man would have been nice. Even if just as an impact sub. Would rather have seen Taylor come on than Clarkson.

If playing 4-5-1 which clearly we are going to then I would prefer to see Stead in and Maynard on the bench. Stead can wear the opposition down for 60-70 mins with tireless running and hold up play, Maynard or Pitman can then come on and win the game 1-0 for us. Easy.

If playing 4-5-1 which clearly we are going to then I would prefer to see Stead in and Maynard on the bench. Stead can wear the opposition down for 60-70 mins with tireless running and hold up play, Maynard or Pitman can then come on and win the game 1-0 for us. Easy.

I hope we dont play 4 5 1 especially at home...if we do then we are in for a difficult scrap in the bottom 6 for the rest of the season..I would play all three personally.

From what I've seen of him, he's quality, I'd also have thought that his height would be a plus especially considering our poor goal conversion rate from set pieces.

Also think his work ethic is what we need right now chasing every last cause but maybe Mcninnes see's him more as a striker who happens to be tall but more of a goal scorer than so called target man as some have suggested on here. I Rememeber him linking him well with Pitman and Adomah last season but him being injured or recovering when the new gaffer came in didn't help his cause I'm sure.

Archived