IGNORED

Tim Howard

South Bristol Red

A wind assisted freak goal but what a moment to be an Everton fan in the crowd though.

Similar to the Ray Cashley effort I watched as a nine-year-old next to my dad in a stormy Ashton Gate. Happy days. biggrin.gif

V Hull.........It was pissing down in 73 I think...I was ten!

I scored from a goal kick on a windy Sunday morning about two years ago, of course I would never claim that it was wind assisted and as far as i'm concerned, I spotted the keeper off his line ;)

Beon Bear and Riaz can only dream about being as prolific as myself or Tim Howard haha

Wheres your video evidence.......

Its only a rumour until you can provide video evidence :closedeyes:

A wind assisted freak goal but what a moment to be an Everton fan in the crowd though.

Similar to the Ray Cashley effort I watched as a nine-year-old next to my dad in a stormy Ashton Gate. Happy days. biggrin.gif

I was stood next to my dad in the East End, only I was 19 years old, I seem to recall 4-1 or 3-1 win that dark and stormy Tuesday night.

If you look at the article - http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/05012012/58/premier-league-video-scorer-howard-joins-select-club.html - Howard says:

"I was delighted that we were in the lead and would hopefully go on to get three points, but it's not a nice feeling for a keeper," he said.

"It's really awful actually. For the back four and the goalkeepers at both ends, there was an awful wind swirling.

"You could see everybody was mistiming balls. Defenders were missing clearances that normally they would put up the field.

"I think the wind is the hardest condition to play in. Snow, rain, sun doesn't matter, but the wind really does play tricks on you."

Someone here on OTIB was saying earlier in the wind how disrutptive the wind was and that Pittman's poor corner was down to the wind. Maybe Tuesdays under par performance in general can be blamed on the wind? One things for sure, Del won't be able to do much outside training at the moment what with sodden pitches - and the wind.

I scored from a goal kick on a windy Sunday morning about two years ago, of course I would never claim that it was wind assisted and as far as i'm concerned, I spotted the keeper off his line ;)

Beon Bear and Riaz can only dream about being as prolific as myself or Tim Howard haha

I used to play in the same team as a guy who was able to kick a dead ball almost the full length of the pitch...we had a centre forward who used to stand about 30 yards into the opposition half at Goal kicks and run on to the ball and slot it past the keeper,whilst the opposition were all shouting and waving at the linesman for off side..:laughcont: he used to score at least 6 goals a season doing this. Its amazing how many professional players didnt know that you cant be off side from a goal kick !

I was stood next to my dad in the East End, only I was 19 years old, I seem to recall 4-1 or 3-1 win that dark and stormy Tuesday night.

I too was in the East End that evening, EMB - aged 18. T'was a 3-1 win ... Hull were leading at the break then Cashley, Gould and Ritchie scored to put us briefly, top of the league.

Do you recall, I think the previous season, an incident where in front of the goal at the EE, Peter Spiring kicked a ball against a defender or the post with such venom that the ball burst (or did I dream it)?

I too was in the East End that evening, EMB - aged 18. T'was a 3-1 win ... Hull were leading at the break then Cashley, Gould and Ritchie scored to put us briefly, top of the league.

Do you recall, I think the previous season, an incident where in front of the goal at the EE, Peter Spiring kicked a ball against a defender or the post with such venom that the ball burst (or did I dream it)?

Yes I too have that vague memory as well and 1973 wasn't that the season Gerry Gerry Gow chinned Gould during an early season saturday game at AG.

I was also there, though as far as I know not stood next to your dad!

Grim night that was, but nice to see a good win, and a very rare GK goal!

Blimey 1973, been married for just a year and little did I know what was in store for me!

First Div footie of course!! :whistle2:

39 years later and back in the 2nd tier, not a lot else has changed! :shocking:

39 years later and back in the 2nd tier, not a lot else has changed! :shocking:

Has for me FR. Sadly I'm no longer able to stand next to my old man in corporeal form- and the Grand Stand where we witnessed the goal is now the Williams.

In the 70s, senior Robbo used to work for the club and I witnessed lots of games from "Arry's 'En 'Ouse" at the back of the Grand Stand. My recollection of the Hull game was we were sitting [how posh!] in the rain in the mid Grand Stand. Was the press/directors box not built then?

Anyone old enough to remember?

Archived