IGNORED

Cup Run Anyone?!

Devereux

What do people think? Will we finally get a cup run under McG?

Our cup form has been terrible in the last few seasons and, although I would rather stay up than have a cup run, it would be nice to actually have a bit of success in the FA Cup.

Obviously, the further we go the more likely we will get a big name and make money from gate receipts. One thing I was wondering though, do we get prize money for qualifying through each round?

I say this because on FM2012 you do and it escalates through the rounds. Now I know FM2012 is fantasy...but if we do get prize money, could be a nice little earner.

Heres hoping for a win against Crawley.....we draw two lower league clubs in the next couple of rounds, and then play Man U at wembley in the semis!!!

since when do we ever get a cup run?

I'd rather go out tbh and concentraite on staying up instead of getting distracted by the FA Cup,

First time I've felt like that in a long time as I normally love the cup but staying up has to be at the top of our list instead of money spinning energy draining ties :(

I'd love a cup run - we haven't had any genuine excitement at the Gate since the Play Off final season. I think a cup run would unite the supporters and inspire the team - winning breeds confidence. I hope and expect Del to go for it at Crawley on Saturday. :fingerscrossed:

cup run yes please .

I certainly wont be rolling out the old cliche's ........'.concentrate

on the league....irrelevant competition.....etc...etc if we get knocked out.

FA CUP is the biggest godamn domestic cup competition in the world! A fine institution, and the winners are far more worthy of a european cup place than any second, third or fourth in the Premier League. The sooner the governing bodies latch onto this, the better for everyone involved.

Up the city!

cup run yes please .

FA CUP is the biggest godamn domestic cup competition in the world! A fine institution, and the winners are far more worthy of a european cup place than any second, third or fourth in the Premier League. The sooner the governing bodies latch onto this, the better for everyone involved.

Up the city!

I agree - most of us remember Liverpool '94 - still one of the greatest results in our history. The FA Cup offers us the chance to experience that kind of night again.

cup run yes please .

Up the city!

it use to be,

It stopped being that when man utd decided to pull out to play in some 4th rate fifa torny, thats the year the FA Cup died,

Its just an excuase to make more money out of the game now the magic of the cup is dead

Its devalued by "Big" teams putting out fringe and under 18 players like arsenal man u etc

It would be nice to beat Crawley and get a decent prem side at home - everton, Sunderland, fulham etc a team we have a chance of beating but no disgrace if we lose. Saying that i'ld take defeat at Crawley if it garentees that we finish at least 4th from bottom

it use to be,

It stopped being that when man utd decided to pull out to play in some 4th rate fifa torny, thats the year the FA Cup died,

Its just an excuase to make more money out of the game now the magic of the cup is dead

Its devalued by "Big" teams putting out fringe and under 18 players like arsenal man u etc

Disagree to be honest. Still plenty of magic as is demonstrated in the games televised year on year.

People have your opinion, but will be the first ones in line for tickets for Man U away.

A cup run would be fantastic, just can't see it happening!

Didn't Del get St Johnstone to a cup final mind?

Disagree to be honest. Still plenty of magic as is demonstrated in the games televised year on year.

People have your opinion, but will be the first ones in line for tickets for Man U away.

A cup run would be fantastic, just can't see it happening!

Didn't Del get St Johnstone to a cup final mind?

not me I've refused to attend a cup game since I had to start paying for my own tickets I've alway maintained that as a season ticket holder I shouldn't have to pay for home cup ties,

That said if ever got to a final I would go but man u away in the cup not for me

not me I've refused to attend a cup game since I had to start paying for my own tickets I've alway maintained that as a season ticket holder I shouldn't have to pay for home cup ties,

Well that means you must have never attended a cup game then because as far as I am aware (and have held ST for last 15 seasons and in the 70's prior to that) cup games have always been exempt from ST!

Myself...I lurve the cup and will be enjoying a few apples in the Half Moon up at Crawley on saturday....its nice to go to grounds where you would not usualy get the chance ..

As for all those who say they dont................then I guess we wont be seeing you at AG or in the queue for Away tickets if we do get a cracker tie....(assuming we can beat Crawley bum lick on sat of course!)

Well that means you must have never attended a cup game then because as far as I am aware (and have held ST for last 15 seasons and in the 70's prior to that) cup games have always been exempt from ST!

Myself...I lurve the cup and will be enjoying a few apples in the Half Moon up at Crawley on saturday....its nice to go to grounds where you would not usualy get the chance ..

As for all those who say they dont................then I guess we wont be seeing you at AG or in the queue for Away tickets if we do get a cracker tie....(assuming we can beat Crawley bum lick on sat of course!)

I never use to pay for my tickets when I first started going you know as an 8 year old many many moons ago it was hard to earn your own money ever since I was 16 and had to start paying out of my own pocket I haven't gone to a cup game (LDV area final against exeter aside), since then which was 97 I think

A good cup run is what needed for broadening the Scandinavian fan base. Can't see it though. We got one litter beating Chelsea 1990.

"He's missed it....they've all missed it.......Turner.....one nil "

Still got the highlights vid somewhere

If I recall rightly there was an actor out of Eastenders who came down for the game (played a hippy type?) and got a shoe(ing) and complained in the papers about it...

I remember walking out past the open end and getting showered with coins..........Cockernee gits

Archived