IGNORED

Wolves Or West Brom

South Bristol Red

Isn't there anyway the club could have an influence on proceedings?

How, they can suggest he won't play and will train with the reserves to try and get him to move on, aprt from that, you cannot force a guy to move on that has done nothing wrong. Maybe they could offer a nice big golden handshake to move on. But I expect Nickey will have an idea already about which clubs want him and where he wants to move.

Ideally for us we would give you Cox (who has had a tough time here, but a great natural finisher) with a small fee for Nicky.

We need that 3rd striker behind Pete+Long who will actually challenge for a place because at the moment we have Roman Bednar and Marc Antoine Fortuné, and they are just not up ro scratch.

Since Cox has been with us he has been used as a wide right player, which just doesn't suit him at all. We couldn't have asked for more commitment though, 100% every game without fail. Will be sad to see Simon leave if it happens but I do believe it's best for both parties.

Chris Wood I believe is out of the question as when his loan ends at Blues he will be coming back to stay, he is only out for a season of experience, highly rated at the Albion.

I'd like to think Nicky could score a few PL goals for us and Cox will flurish in the Championship in his rightful position as a striker.

well as i wud value cox more then maynard at this present time if they are offering 1.5m AND cox then del boy wud be crazy to turn that down!!

however i doubt its true!.... i wud take a straight swap for cox let alone 1.5m aswell! if we did a straight swap with no money involed, wud we have to pay crewe any money of that sell-on clause they got? anyone?

CTID!!!

well as i wud value cox more then maynard at this present time if they are offering 1.5m AND cox then del boy wud be crazy to turn that down!!

however i doubt its true!.... i wud take a straight swap for cox let alone 1.5m aswell! if we did a straight swap with no money involed, wud we have to pay crewe any money of that sell-on clause they got? anyone?

CTID!!!

The story listed the offer purely as a 'player for player' deal - no extra transfer fees involved. To get either of the strikers and the cash would be an outright steal!

If it is swaps we're looking for from the team mentioned I'd say the following would be fantastic business;

Wolves -

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake - No appearances this season (is he injured or out of the picture?) better than a 1-in-3 record in his career, better still outside the Prem, same age as Nicky (26 in March); I'd take him in a flash, forget cash, just him.

Sam Vokes - Has proven his fitness and played at this level in 2011, full international, not great goals to games but different to what we'd have (Pitman; who was at BMouth with him); I'd also take him and nothing else.

WBA -

Simon Cox - Young, great goals-to-games ratio, seems peripheral at WBA, full international, experience at this level and above; I'd take him too, and cash would be a big bonus but unlikely.

All three would be great (and costly) signings were we not trying to ship Nicky, so a straight swap (with the other club paying up Nicky's remaining contract) would be a coup.

If it is swaps we're looking for from the team mentioned I'd say the following would be fantastic business;

Wolves -

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake - No appearances this season (is he injured or out of the picture?) better than a 1-in-3 record in his career, better still outside the Prem, same age as Nicky (26 in March); I'd take him in a flash, forget cash, just him.

Sam Vokes - Has proven his fitness and played at this level in 2011, full international, not great goals to games but different to what we'd have (Pitman; who was at BMouth with him); I'd also take him and nothing else.

WBA -

Simon Cox - Young, great goals-to-games ratio, seems peripheral at WBA, full international, experience at this level and above; I'd take him too, and cash would be a big bonus but unlikely.

All three would be great (and costly) signings were we not trying to ship Nicky, so a straight swap (with the other club paying up Nicky's remaining contract) would be a coup.

He's played quite a few games this season.. scored 1 or 2 aswell.

Don't really see the players mentioned willing to join us as part of a deal. However I would not be entirely surprised if Del does wangle a swap deal. Considering we are short on front men and NM will be a big loss I think it would make sense to try and include a swap deal in any potential transfer!

If he gets injured i wonder how long it would take him to sign the contract on offer!!! Bit like aaron brown a few years ago. Refused to sign, broke his leg in summer so had no club willing to sign him for 6 months. Its a dangerous game nicky is playing but its clearly about money. It is a short career and clearly the motivation nowadays is cash, not club. Hence our billy big bollox players failing to put in a shift at crawley cos they were probably 'entitled' to just turn up and crawley roll over.

Archived