IGNORED

Spence

steviestevieneville

From BCFC.CO.UK;

City have agreed the season-long loan capture of England Under-21 and West Ham United defender Jordan Spence.

Hammers have the option of a possible recall in January, and City are unable to select Jordan for the two fixtures with West Ham in the forthcoming Championship season.

Strange how even through WHU have horrendous injury probs they haven't asked to recall Jordan??

Not strange at all..... they Pulled off a major Coup when they got Gullible City to pay for the education of a Footballer completely out of Sams type..... They would probably get a loanee in before recalling Spence and we would be paying for him.

Not strange at all..... they Pulled off a major Coup when they got Gullible City to pay for the education of a Footballer completely out of Sams type..... They would probably get a loanee in before recalling Spence and we would be paying for him.

Problem for city.... who else would have played there? cant go into the season without a decent right back??!

Didn't he sign a new deal with West Ham too? I don't think Millen can be blamed for getting back a player the vast majority wanted back. not a clue what's going on, maybe Stockhausen can go ask instead of copy pasting transfer rumours.

Carey, Skuse, Wilson, Ribeiro, Edwards, Hunt. Perm any one from six and save the Chairman a bit of cash.

Carey is poor at right back, always has been - nothing more than a stop gap.

Skuse is out of position - particularly back then.

Wilson needs games at centre back for the good of his career - he's already playing catch up

Ribiero - do I need to state the obvious? We all know why he wouldn't be considered

Edwards is a youngster deemed not good enough

As for hunt, he's not available it would seem - go knows why

I don't defend millen very often, but the spence signing was a no brainer.... At least at the time it was.

Carey is poor at right back, always has been - nothing more than a stop gap.

Skuse is out of position - particularly back then.

Wilson needs games at centre back for the good of his career - he's already playing catch up

Ribiero - do I need to state the obvious? We all know why he wouldn't be considered

Edwards is a youngster deemed not good enough

As for hunt, he's not available it would seem - go knows why

I don't defend millen very often, but the spence signing was a no brainer.... At least at the time it was.

God help us! What idiot or idiots gave professional contracts to that load of dross.

God help us! What idiot or idiots gave professional contracts to that load of dross.

My longstanding biggest issue with the wY the club is run - not poor football managment but poor business sense allowing more and more players in without ensuring the same number leave.

As it goes Spence was more than adequate last year, will Foster really be better? Is Hunt reAlly that bad? Has McInnes given everyone a clean start or are issues surrounding players being carried over from manager to manager?

If Lansdown wasn't bailing the club out we'd have to makes better use of players and not just stick them on the discard pile and sign a similar standard replacement.

Add up the cost of signing and "running" that lot - it must add up to the equivikant to a decent prem player - false economy!

I agree why was Hunt never given another chance despite reportedly being totally professional off-field.

Never late for training etc,plays hard in the ressies etc.

Now Ribs and Spence.

Seems to be a lot going on behind the scenes at AG.

Maybe Spence had an appearances clause from WHU? Does that ever happen with a loan player?

But as to why Hunt didn't even get a run in the Cup is a bit odd...... :englandsmile4wf:

I would think Mcinness needs to build the team from players he knows and is comfortable with hence the interest in the players North of the border. After all its his ass on the line and hes been appointed first and foremost not to build a team for the future but to safeguard against relegation this season and the cataclismic loss of revenue which goes with it.

If you look at it a minute from his point of view ....he sees BC second from bottom, hes never going to admit it was a fellow managers fault so he it must be down to the players in the squad as a whole not being good enough. He will have got assurances from the board about spending money for players he thinks will get us out of the Cart. Current squad members will be sacrificed, contracts of surplus players unrenewed and any money spent on transfers probably written off.....A new broom sweeps clean so to speak...

I doubt very much if there was an appearance clause in Spences loan Contract...most unusual if there is.. I dont know why his excellent fom of last season has suddenly dipped, hes not injurred, but just seems to have completely lost confidence. It does take time for a new manager to view all the squad and he wont even have seen any of them train outside of the first team squad.

I agree why was Hunt never given another chance despite reportedly being totally professional off-field.

Shame he couldn't manage it on the field.

Never late for training etc,plays hard in the ressies etc.

Now Ribs and Spence.

Seems to be a lot going on behind the scenes at AG.

Maybe Spence had an appearances clause from WHU? Does that ever happen with a loan player?

But as to why Hunt didn't even get a run in the Cup is a bit odd...... :englandsmile4wf:

Nobody did!!

My longstanding biggest issue with the wY the club is run - not poor football managment but poor business sense allowing more and more players in without ensuring the same number leave.

I don't think they're not trying to ensure as many players leave as arrive but I imagine it's not so easy to achieve, especially when the club's been in a bit of a downward spiral of late.

When the team isn't good enough and the manager asks to bring someone in the board always seem to try to be strong and say "not till you've got rid of someone" but if nobody wants the players we have (because they're hopeless and overpaid) and the team will go on losing unless a new signing is made then the board are forced to back down and sanction the signing.

Johnson made some bad signings then got sacked, then Coppell made some more, then Millen made a few more. Now McInnes needs to sort out the mess and it's not fair to tie his hands by making him shift a few out first (though that's still a responsibility of his.) He'll have the chance to shift quite a few in the summer and hopefully the quality in the squad will increase. If not we'll be looking for another manager and be lumbered with yet more dead wood.

The thing is that most of the signings made sense at the time they were made. All our players were hot property back in 2008 so it made sense to tie them down in case they got poached. Likewise I don't think Coppell signed Hunt or Stewart thinking they'd do anything other than improve the squad and Millen and Johnson will have thought the same of their signings.

Ultimately the board have to back the manager or they shouldn't have appointed him, and they've made too many poor appointments in recent years. They also allowed Johnson far too much free reign with signings based on his initial success. I definitely agree that they've been at fault but I don't think it's so easy to make the right decision as it might appear. Otherwise everyone would do it.

At the end of the day, in 4 months time del can lose probably £100k per week off the wage bill with the amount of players out of contract. To back him with signings now is a must, and its not too costly bearing in mind the out of contract situation. If he isnt backd we may struggle. Gladly he has been so far which is great. I cant wait for a summer clearout so he can really sign his own players and mould the whole squad his way with little or no restrictions.

At the end of the day, in 4 months time del can lose probably £100k per week off the wage bill with the amount of players out of contract. To back him with signings now is a must, and its not too costly bearing in mind the out of contract situation. If he isnt backd we may struggle. Gladly he has been so far which is great. I cant wait for a summer clearout so he can really sign his own players and mould the whole squad his way with little or no restrictions.

Well said, completely agree.

Although still very much in a dog fight and far from safe i've already got a sneaky eye on next season. Cant wait too watch the team that Del will build. In the Championship obviously.

Archived