IGNORED

Ryan Mcgivern

clashcityred

Sky sports saying Barnsley want him I can't access the story though

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/

Apparently they are trying to 'hijack' our bid to keep him here with a £300k bid.

I might be in a minority but if we are looking to bring him in for that sort of money I would not be displeased.

Need a left back and he's young, keen and learning. If Del and Doc like him let's get him in.

Doesnt offer anything going forward, can't tackle and is far to slow at this level.

I pray we dont sign him, would rather have JMC!!!

And why would that be?? he offers less going forward - is much much slower and loses posseion constantly!

The only thing he does better is tackling (when he can get close enough) but then he is worse in the air....

Isn't he out of contract at the end of the season with Manc City?

Keep the loan going, then snap him up in the summer... compensation needed as under 24?

Rate him, but prefer to see this Foster (if any good) to play LB and then one of the RB's, Edwards, Spence or Ribs, playing RB..

Barnsley boss Keith Hill tells @footballheaven that he won't be signing Man City's Ryan Mcgivern. Out of his price range.#Bristol City bound

Frankly, a club should keep its financial position a closely guarded secret not least because it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy; fans think oh well if they won't invest we are not going to progress so i won't bother with a season ticket. Apart from that they should, in any event, keep tight lipped.

Regardless of whether our club can afford a certain player or not I would always hope they don't blurt out what Hill did at least not in such a self defeatist type manner whether he meant it literally or not.

Still just can't make my mind up on him. Haven't been overly impressed but then he has age on his side and I am sure he will improve. If Del thinks he is worth signing then I trust him! Especially as it was Millen that loaned him in.

+1

some of his positioning was awfull in early games but like most i cant make my mind up, first half at Millwall was run ragged, does lack pace but im sure could be nurtured along

+1

some of his positioning was awfull in early games but like most i cant make my mind up, first half at Millwall was run ragged, does lack pace but im sure could be nurtured along

Yeah tough one to call. He seems to get ripped apart by pacey wingers and his positional sense is poor! If Del thinks there is something to work with I am sure he will look to keep him on, if not then fair enough.

Prefer macca and its about time he got his place back. we have missed his delivery big time

We've missed his delivery like a hole in the head. We can now actually keep the ball - instead of losing it because Mcallister keeps lumping the ball aimlessly

one of the best aspect of our play has been the way weve played our way out of the defense, which more often than not i've noticed includes interlinking between McGivern, Kilkenny and Pearson. Not all bad from McGivern and would be happy to see him stay, with experience under his belt I reckon he could be good, learn to compensate for less pace and all that.

We've missed his delivery like a hole in the head. We can now actually keep the ball - instead of losing it because Mcallister keeps lumping the ball aimlessly

Not to mention his complete loss of pace!! Never been my fave player to be honest, Macca is 34 soon and Ryan is 22 and time is on his side and I prefer the latter as he has the capacity to improve with experience as opposed to slowing up with advancing age like Macca has.

And why would that be?? he offers less going forward - is much much slower and loses posseion constantly!

The only thing he does better is tackling (when he can get close enough) but then he is worse in the air....

Did you go to Southampton away or Forest at home? RMG was skinned alive. The guy can't tackle - a key requirement for a defender!

tell me what he offers us.....

Did you go to Southampton away or Forest at home? RMG was skinned alive. The guy can't tackle - a key requirement for a defender!

tell me what he offers us.....

Another key requirement for a defender is not to concede goals. To the best of my knowledge we didn't concede one goal in either of the matches you mention.

Archived