IGNORED

Brighton Match Thread

_Bristol-City_

I said I suspect he was exaggerating.

Alex#40 was there, see his thread, and he gave his appraisal of Maynard's performance today.

"Maynard wasn't trying, even for a minute"...... "he didn't even pretend to try".

Hardly surprising he got some stick then.

People will see what they want to see when it comes to a player they want an excuse to hate. In every game I have seen Nicky play this season he has put 100% in for the team and in every post match debate on here several (usually the same few) make false claims trying to create a mythical story of Maynards lack of effort and heart.

That's my suspicion, as that is apparently a justification for the wild speculation you so frequently spout.

Must be hard to see "Super-Brett" even further down the pecking order?! :violin:

Without doubt the worst performance l have witnessed in years and years and years.

I take it you didn't go to the Crawley match. Or watch any of the games that Tinnion was in charge. Luton away anybody?

I do agree that this match was utter rubbish and cannot think what has happened to my team in the past two years. Our non existant midfield and the only good players were those that came off the bench. We made Brighton look like a team of Stan Collymores at Ashton gate.

True enough in style but in impact on the game Cisse appears the better option as he allows Kilkenny to play further forward. Particularly odd if Elliot wasn't fit. The consensus of fans seems to be that Cisse has been a key player. Recent selections suggest Del disagrees which surprises me. Still, the likes of Elliot and Skuse seem to be automatic picks regardless of performance and who the manager is so I am obviously missing something about them. Nice work if you can get it though.

That wasn't your argument though because I agree with you here. Clearly Derek wanted Elliot's dynamism in midfield over Cisse's anchoring, Cisse won't close the ball down like Elliot which means others have to do the running.

Tbh, I have no idea what Skuse brings to the side... I like his effort and the fact he loves the club but he isn't all that special, Elliot likewise but Cisse and Killkenny are so pathetically immobile that he has to play to compensate.

Elliot has to play, Killkenny is the one I would drop personally 'cos I don't rate him!

People will see what they want to see when it comes to a player they want an excuse to hate. In every game I have seen Nicky play this season he has put 100% in for the team and in every post match debate on here several (usually the same few) make false claims trying to create a mythical story of Maynards lack of effort and heart.

Not sure Alex#40 'wants an excuse to hate' Maynard. Haven't noticed it myself but you'd better take that up with him. Perhaps he was just being honest and you're being a drama queen (again) because you refuse to accept the truth? You don't actually see that many games, do you Jordan - or have you stopped working most Saturday's now?

That's my suspicion, as that is apparently a justification for the wild speculation you so frequently spout.

That is gobbledegook - you're making even less sense than usual.

Must be hard to see "Super-Brett" even further down the pecking order?! :violin:

Not for long, he provided more attacking threat in 10 mins or so than Maynard did in 90 - AGAIN.yes.gif

Wouldn't that logically work both ways though? People seem to fall into either the "he is a lazy grabbing devil" or "he can do no wrong" camps. Personally I believe the club is at fault more then the player. But if the contract situation didn't exist I would still question why a striker who has scored once in 9 games should be guaranteed a place. Del has said Pitman is Maynard's replacement if and when he goes. I'd prefer to find out if that is true now because if his record turned out to be as poor we are going to need to get another striker in pdq.:disapointed2se:

In the two games I've seen most recently we have still performed crappily! Is it any suprise that it is continuing?

Coventry away - played nice football first half but second half looked truly diabolical.

Millwall home - bereft of ideas after the first 5 minutes and were lucky to win.

We do not play good football, we do not play winning football and frankly this team is considerably below par for what I would expect in terms of attitude and passion from a Bristol City player. We don't have a god given right to win every game but at least go out there and play with the mentality of giving everyone, opposition and fans, a good match.

Controversial post for some to take I'd imagine but just thought it needed to be said.

I've missed 3 home game this season, Nice of you to take such an interest though, Mr on OTIB match threads when City are playing (as such a super fan and as you have the time to listen on the radio... shouldn't you be there?)

Being called a drama queen by you is plausibly the funniest thing ever said on this forum...

Nogbad the Bad, Princess of the over-exaggeration.

Saints at least gave us a decent performance today,unlike the referee,but seems like City didn't turn up until it was too late,anybody at the game say how Foster played?

Dave I have to say I have watched you 4 times now this season, 2 things mate, too much route one possibly understandable against todays opposition and one dodgy keeper. The ref wasn't great today but it was Rangers and refs are usually lenient where they are concerned.

I've missed 3 home game this season, Nice of you to take such an interest though, Mr on OTIB match threads when City are playing (as such a super fan and as you have the time to listen on the radio... shouldn't you be there?)

Not really me taking much of an interest Jordan, just remember you stating it was difficult for you to attend Saturday games due to work. Maybe don't say it if you don't want it to be remembered?

I rarely go to away games these days, hence, yes, I'm almost always on the match thread.

I did my fair share of supporting City away in the 70's & 80's, watching BCFC at 60+ different grounds, so I think it's reasonable I retire to the match thread for the most part now.

I'm fortunate, if that's the right word, that I can go to all home games, which is enough imo to give an informed judgement on the capabilities of the players.

Being called a drama queen by you is plausibly the funniest thing ever said on this forum...

Good.blink.gif

Nogbad the Bad, Princess of the over-exaggeration.

Bye. noexpression.gif

What happened to him turkey?!

Was an incident in the first half. One of your players and CMS were running for a ball just inside the penalty area and he got caught in the face. I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but it obviously happend as the picture proves. All your fans behind the goal were chanting cheat, cheat, cheat! :D

Was an incident in the first half. One of your players and CMS were running for a ball just inside the penalty area and he got caught in the face. I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but it obviously happend as the picture proves. All your fans behind the goal were chanting cheat, cheat, cheat! :D

Ahhh right!

Difficult to believe footballers when they are genuinely injured.... 90% of the time they miracously recover.

It certainly looks nasty!

Archived