IGNORED

Survival Requirements

Harry

So, a poor perfomance at the seaside today, but in all honesty, I'd have not expected anything more than a point anyway. The consensus seems to be that 4-4-2 is not the answer. There is also a Maynard witch-hunt in full flow. How long will Albert be missing? What further new signings / loans might we see? Will Maynard leave? Will Pitman start? Is Wood the answer? Can Skuse play midfield? Lots of questions. All of which we cannot see clear answers for at the moment.

One thing is for sure though. We absolutely must get enough points to stay up. How do we achieve this?

Over the past 7 seasons, the average points total required for survival is 47. 46 with a superior goal difference will also do the trick. There are some struggling teams down there with us. Cov, Donny, Forest, Millwall, Ipswich, Watford. It's 3 of 7 to go down for me, and we're very much in the pot.

We've currently amassed 27 points from 26 games. There are 20 games to go, so the same points to games ratio should see us safe! I feel as though 20 more points should do it. So where are these points going to come from?

Remaining Home games : Donny, Leeds, Palace, Blackpool, Leicester, Cardiff, Watford, Derby, Cov, West Ham, Barnsley.

Remaining Away games : Reading, Hull, Peterborough, Ipswich, Portsmouth, Middlesbrough, Forest, Brum, Burnley.

I've highlighted those teams in the mix with us.

We MUST get homes wins v Donny, Watford & Cov. That's see us nearly half way to our required total.

A home win v Barnsley will help massively too. That's 12 points. 8 more to go. Where will they come from?

I can't see us picking up much away from home. The 2 other teams in the scrap with us, Ipswich & Forest - we never ever win away at these places.

I can't see anything coming from Reading, Hull, Middlesbrough or Brum. Can we scrap a point or two from trips to Peterborough, Portsmouth & Burnley?

At home, I also can't see us beating Leeds, Cardiff or West Ham.

So for me, it going to come down to having to get points out of the Palace, Blackpool, Leicester & Derby. If we manage to pick up a couple of draws away, 2 wins from these other 4 home games will see us safe I feel.

I personally feel it could come down to the final 2 games. Home v Barnsley and away at Burnley. We might very well need a point up north on the last day to survive?

The home form is going to be absolutely paramount for the rest of the year. And it is vital we beat those around us at our house.

How's everyone else feeling????

praying%20smiley.gifpraying%20smiley.gifpraying%20smiley.gif

Hello Harry,

i agree away games look dump and cant see many points there, if we can get 5 away, 1 win and 2 draws, the beat cov, palace, barnsley donny ane one other then i think we will be fine....

How am i feeling about as sick as seeing a 40 year old man with a massive beer belly dressed up in a gold gimp suit

Ur right. 442 leaves us exposed defensively and we also dont keep the ball well enough either. Has to be 451 with wood up top. This then requires killkenny to actually play in a position that suits him-behind wood NOT infront of the back four. That is Cisse's job. Killa is awful in this position. For me its James, foster, carey, nyatanga, mcgivern, perason, elliott, cisse, killa, albert n wood from the current crop. Fontaine would replace nyatanga when fit. With 451 we look more solid and hav dominated possession this way before. With a 'target man' ( hate that term ) in wood we may now be suited to 451. Its dels choice at the end of the day but it is so clear to me that for us to be able to create chances, killa has to play so much further forward than in careys n nyatangas pockets.

Hello Harry,

i agree away games look dump and cant see many points there, if we can get 5 away, 1 win and 2 draws, the beat cov, palace, barnsley donny ane one other then i think we will be fine....

How am i feeling about as sick as seeing a 40 year old man with a massive beer belly dressed up in a gold gimp suit

I'm 37, and it was a mexican wrestler suit!!!

If we are going to stay up, IF! We need to have another attacking outlet, our goals come from one way and one way only, it's naive and we need to address it ASAP, when Alberts doubled up with defenders, or when he's injured we don't score and ultimately don't win!

We need a creative midfield man, we need a left winger (still), who can beat a man, we need a left back who doesn't need continuous help and cover, until we get the above we will be one dimensional, scoring the odd goal and winning a few games-which won't be enough!

So, a poor perfomance at the seaside today, but in all honesty, I'd have not expected anything more than a point anyway. The consensus seems to be that 4-4-2 is not the answer. There is also a Maynard witch-hunt in full flow. How long will Albert be missing? What further new signings / loans might we see? Will Maynard leave? Will Pitman start? Is Wood the answer? Can Skuse play midfield? Lots of questions. All of which we cannot see clear answers for at the moment.

One thing is for sure though. We absolutely must get enough points to stay up. How do we achieve this?

Over the past 7 seasons, the average points total required for survival is 47. 46 with a superior goal difference will also do the trick. There are some struggling teams down there with us. Cov, Donny, Forest, Millwall, Ipswich, Watford. It's 3 of 7 to go down for me, and we're very much in the pot.

We've currently amassed 27 points from 26 games. There are 20 games to go, so the same points to games ratio should see us safe! I feel as though 20 more points should do it. So where are these points going to come from?

Remaining Home games : Donny, Leeds, Palace, Blackpool, Leicester, Cardiff, Watford, Derby, Cov, West Ham, Barnsley.

Remaining Away games : Reading, Hull, Peterborough, Ipswich, Portsmouth, Middlesbrough, Forest, Brum, Burnley.

I've highlighted those teams in the mix with us.

We MUST get homes wins v Donny, Watford & Cov. That's see us nearly half way to our required total.

A home win v Barnsley will help massively too. That's 12 points. 8 more to go. Where will they come from?

I can't see us picking up much away from home. The 2 other teams in the scrap with us, Ipswich & Forest - we never ever win away at these places.

I can't see anything coming from Reading, Hull, Middlesbrough or Brum. Can we scrap a point or two from trips to Peterborough, Portsmouth & Burnley?

At home, I also can't see us beating Leeds, Cardiff or West Ham.

So for me, it going to come down to having to get points out of the Palace, Blackpool, Leicester & Derby. If we manage to pick up a couple of draws away, 2 wins from these other 4 home games will see us safe I feel.

I personally feel it could come down to the final 2 games. Home v Barnsley and away at Burnley. We might very well need a point up north on the last day to survive?

The home form is going to be absolutely paramount for the rest of the year. And it is vital we beat those around us at our house.

How's everyone else feeling????

praying%20smiley.gifpraying%20smiley.gifpraying%20smiley.gif

But this ignores the fact we have been better on the road this year and have produced some of our better performances against the better sides. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if we get 4 points from Cardiff and West ham but slip up to Donny or Watford

Am reserving judgement until the end of the window

We have to win another 6 or 7 games, it'll be close. Just seen the goals on sky, the 2nd was a right mess between James and Carey.

RIGHT carey waited and could easily have reached the man, his fault definately, he is prone to these sort of mistakes always has been, but his good times out weigh his bad,

Two Professional footballers with a combined age of 74 who can't between them make up their minds as to who should clear the ball...................one shot on target (93rd minute) against a side missing seven regular first- teamers..........the words pathetically inept just don't seem adequate. Respect is due to the poor souls who travelled to Brighton to witness this nauseating excuse for a football team...........the citizens of Bristol really deserve better

Archived