IGNORED

Damage To Mackail-Smith

The Exiled Robin

What if it was just an accidental clash? Unless theres been an interview with Poyet or CMS asking for a city players head on a stick don't you think you're jumping to conclusions?

CMS said "Defender thought it'd be funny sticking his thumb in my eye"

What if it was just an accidental clash? Unless theres been an interview with Poyet or CMS asking for a city players head on a stick don't you think you're jumping to conclusions?

I'm sure your lad didn't intend to do that to CMS, it's just football, as CMS says in a later tweet:

"If any1 feels my tweet b4 was having a pop at the defender today for what happened to my eye that is not correct. I dn't hold anyone reponsible4the black eye.Footballs a physical game&every1 who plays the game knows this"

Although I do think we should probably have had a pen for it, not that it made any difference to the result!

I'm sure your lad didn't intend to do that to CMS, it's just football, as CMS says in a later tweet:

"If any1 feels my tweet b4 was having a pop at the defender today for what happened to my eye that is not correct. I dn't hold anyone reponsible4the black eye.Footballs a physical game&every1 who plays the game knows this"

Although I do think we should probably have had a pen for it, not that it made any difference to the result!

I thought he was play acting at the time as i think many of us did, how wrong i was!

I thought he was play acting at the time as i think many of us did, how wrong i was!

Ouch,looks painful. i wasnt there and obviously didnt see it but tangs was calling for the physio straight away.that was on the radio as it happened. an intentional blow wouldnt get that reaction.

hopefully it will clear up soon for the lad,he was sounding quite dangerous too up until then.

fair play to brighton on the result too,and the southampton one,with the injury problems there,perhaps Del might take note and give our reserves a run out one day

Firstly, CMS you are too old for text speak, secondly man up it's a contact sport and a black eye, well that's just part of the game, give me £10k a week and you can gladly use me as a punchbag on a daily bloody basis, bloody long haired nancy boy!!!!!!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Too right bloody ponce.

Firstly, CMS you are too old for text speak, secondly man up it's a contact sport and a black eye, well that's just part of the game, give me £10k a week and you can gladly use me as a punchbag on a daily bloody basis, bloody long haired nancy boy!!!!!!

I don't care how much you get paid, it wasn't particularly hard contact at all, but i defy anyone to not go down like a sack of spuds in a rather large amount of pain when they get a thumb jammed in their eye, I just assumed it was football fans being football fans, as it was blatantly obvious from where i was stood what happened, the contact was clearly not very hard so was fairly obvious that at best Tangs stabbed a finger in his eye (ended up being a thumb)

Wasn't deliberate or malicious, but bloody painful all the same.

I don't care how much you get paid, it wasn't particularly hard contact at all, but i defy anyone to not go down like a sack of spuds in a rather large amount of pain when they get a thumb jammed in their eye, I just assumed it was football fans being football fans, as it was blatantly obvious from where i was stood what happened, the contact was clearly not very hard so was fairly obvious that at best Tangs stabbed a finger in his eye (ended up being a thumb)

**** me tangs must have bloody huge thumbs.

Go to your local Krav Maga class, or check out an MMA class, we've got women and young adults with worse injuries on a daily basis, not tweeting their pictures or whatever, nor do they go down like a sack of shite at that kind of impact, footballers (not all) need to man up, it's a contact sport and they get paid a lot of money, frankly it's embarrassing!

P.s. Don't think I'm having a go at you buddy, appologies if it comes across that way.

Go to your local Krav Maga class, or check out an MMA class, we've got women and young adults with worse injuries on a daily basis, not tweeting their pictures or whatever, nor do they go down like a sack of shite at that kind of impact, footballers (not all) need to man up, it's a contact sport and they get paid a lot of money, frankly it's embarrassing!

P.s. Don't think I'm having a go at you buddy, appologies if it comes across that way.

I can see your point, but seeing it first hand, that bruising is not from the impact, as i said it wasn't particularly hard at all, the bruising was from physically being poked in the eye, from the MMA i've seen eye poking is not a tactic employed.

If he had just got a whack in the face i'd agree, but if you just gently poke yourself in the eye it bloody hurts, now combine that with the speed that CMS was running with tangs grabbing his face and poking him in the eye it's going to bloody hurt. If Tangs had just slapped him in the face he's have gone down to try to get the penalty, but he wouldn't have gone off and neither would he have anything like that level of bruising.

if i walk up to someone in the street and actually poke them in they eye they are going down in an enormous amount of pain, consider how much it hurts when just running and you get a tiny spec of dirt in there, now take that piece of dirt and replace it with a grasping thumb/finger and you will go down.

I'm a big believer in footballers beinga bunch of pansies, but getting poked in the eye gently bloody hurts, when running and and a hand is moving at a reasonable pace it's going to do some damage. It's not as if CMS rolled around like he's been shot, he just went down with his hand over his eye in clear pain.

Dirty team? We are full of pansies! Noone even makes tackles worthy of yellow cards. The only way pur guys get bookd is for timewasting, dissent or licking the ball away. We need some nasty b&stards. Perhaps thats why dels going scottish. A bit of steel.

Is that a booking for perverted behavior.

Mackail-Smith is one of the most professional men i have seen since following the Albion. I have never seen him go down easily let alone roll around the ground for no reason. Because of his clear threat, he is usually on the receiving end of some very physical tackles from defenders week in week out, i have never once seen him stay down any longer than neccesary, and usually just gets straight back up and gets on with his game. From what comes across, and from what i've heard, he is a very very nice man, that as he made his way up from the very lowest parts of English football, he isn't the sort of player that enjoys the drama normally seen in the Premier League.

Completely agree with Spud, i'm sure it was a very, very painful one as the picture suggests

Mackail-Smith is one of the most professional men i have seen since following the Albion. I have never seen him go down easily let alone roll around the ground for no reason. Because of his clear threat, he is usually on the receiving end of some very physical tackles from defenders week in week out, i have never once seen him stay down any longer than neccesary, and usually just gets straight back up and gets on with his game. From what comes across, and from what i've heard, he is a very very nice man, that as he made his way up from the very lowest parts of English football, he isn't the sort of player that enjoys the drama normally seen in the Premier League.

Completely agree with Spud, i'm sure it was a very, very painful one as the picture suggests

Looks nasty, and the swelling would suggest it wasn't only a gouge. Bloke could potentially be left blinded, hopefully not. Now we can wrap it up anyway we like saying it wasn't intentional, the question has to be asked, what was tango doing with his hands anywhere near cms face?

I'm sure it hurt but it was'nt a foul like CMS was making out it was a acident nothing less nothing more. Tangs lives just down the road from me and he is a sound bloke he gives 100% and is'nt the type of player to go out hurt someone on purpose.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Too right bloody ponce.

Doesn't sound like he's being a namby-pamby to me.

It was a complete accident. I had a very good view of it. Both players were going at full speed,fighting for the ball; it was just one of those things. The contact looked very minimal, which is why City fans were convinced it was a dive, but of course a thumb in the eye, whilst minimal contact, is very painful contact.

Archived