IGNORED

Ooops Michael Mcindoe

Esmond Million's Bung

Think it was mentioned earlier.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/142881-ooops/

Bit of a non story if mcindoe was not at fault as it claims, but they hide that away nicely in the middle of the piece. Usual type of reporting from that rag. Big footballer headline, tiny little line saying he is not at fault, lots of other lines talking about his girlfriend etc etc.

Headline grabbing nonsense.

Think it was mentioned earlier.

http://www.otib.co.u...c/142881-ooops/

Bit of a non story if mcindoe was not at fault as it claims, but they hide that away nicely in the middle of the piece. Usual type of reporting from that rag. Big footballer headline, tiny little line saying he is not at fault, lots of other lines talking about his girlfriend etc etc.

Headline grabbing nonsense.

Yes it is but presumably not for investors.

Not arguing about the above 2 sentiments, I suppose it's a case of the blind leading the blind only one had the smell of wonga and the other the smell of pussy.

I don't suppose Maynard has invested?, perhaps why he so miserable.

I would hope he has learnt something from lee Johnson concerning investment. I very much doubt his mum would allow him to fritter it too much. Maybe that is why he is upset, his mum has lowered his allowance in these austere times

20% return a month - 240% a year, you have to wonder what they were thinking. Any player earning hundreds of thousands a year without a creditable financial adviser/accountant is just asking to lose money, but even without advise surely common sense must have kicked in with alarm bells when someone says, hey you can get 20 return per month !

As for Mc's well I am sure he will survive being linked/not linked to this and banging Helena... well life is not exactly unfair to him.

20% return a month - 240% a year, you have to wonder what they were thinking. Any player earning hundreds of thousands a year without a creditable financial adviser/accountant is just asking to lose money, but even without advise surely common sense must have kicked in with alarm bells when someone says, hey you can get 20 return per month !

As for Mc's well I am sure he will survive being linked/not linked to this and banging Helena... well life is not exactly unfair to him.

Easier said than done, I would suggest!!

1326627067' post=1494478']

I would have very serious concerns if someone said they could offer me 10% a year at the moment

1326622936' post=1494448']

I would hope he has learnt something from lee Johnson concerning investment. I very much doubt his mum would allow him to fritter it too much. Maybe that is why he is upset, his mum has lowered his allowance in these austere times

What get into to housing that's fallen year on year for the last 3 years? Smart move!

What get into to housing that's fallen year on year for the last 3 years? Smart move!

Hmmmm okay. You look short term I see. An investment is just that, not something to make short term gains.

These footballers can pay outright, think of the income from rent, then think how much the house is likely to be worth in 20 years. House prices have always in the long term gone up, and with a lack of housing and immigration that is likely to continue.

Either way, a renter will eventually pay for it and you still come out with a nice profit. If you have the money to buy outright it is a no brainer.

So yes smart move. Maybe not for the likes of me that cannot buy outright. Better to buy a house than a R8

1326660533' post=1494823']

Hmmmm okay. You look short term I see. An investment is just that, not something to make short term gains.

These footballers can pay outright, think of the income from rent, then think how much the house is likely to be worth in 20 years. House prices have always in the long term gone up, and with a lack of housing and immigration that is likely to continue.

Either way, a renter will eventually pay for it and you still come out with a nice profit. If you have the money to buy outright it is a no brainer.

So yes smart move. Maybe not for the likes of me that cannot buy outright. Better to buy a house than a R8

I know plenty of people that could buy outright but the yeild is no way near as good as other things that pays for rent, housing made sense 10 years ago when the govenment and BOE encouraged credit expansion and currency expansion to avoid deflation caused by cheep labour in china, most of this money ended up in property which was conveniently removed from inflation figures. I know 1 guy that has enough in the bank paying interest to pay for his rent on a property he could afford to buy outright if he wanted buts it's not worth it. Even with current levels of interest! And non of the hassle of owning the property he says.

Anyone can make predictions on house prices in 20 years but to me looking at history and current conditions our econemy seems to be turning Japanese which means in all likely hood a 300k house in 10 years time will be worth about 200k.

Sorry but investing is all about buying low and selling high, this can be long term or short term but always about looking for the best possible return - I had the choice 5 years ago to buy a house but from doing a little research myself I decided that buying a certain shiny metal was a better choice, I now look set to sell the investment I made and buy a place outright soon, if it works for me financially, but unless something drastic happens I can't see property bottoming out by then so I will probably just use the interest from the money to pay rent. I'm not against buying a house as an investment but now is one of the worst times in the last 15 years if not 40 years to do it, due to the difference in average earnings to house price that's never been so far divided. Property has crashed in quite a few places around the world the UK is not immune.

I know plenty of people that could buy outright but the yeild is no way near as good as other things that pays for rent, housing made sense 10 years ago when the govenment and BOE encouraged credit expansion and currency expansion to avoid deflation caused by cheep labour in china, most of this money ended up in property which was conveniently removed from inflation figures. I know 1 guy that has enough in the bank paying interest to pay for his rent on a property he could afford to buy outright if he wanted buts it's not worth it. Even with current levels of interest! And non of the hassle of owning the property he says.

Anyone can make predictions on house prices in 20 years but to me looking at history and current conditions our econemy seems to be turning Japanese which means in all likely hood a 300k house in 10 years time will be worth about 200k.

Sorry but investing is all about buying low and selling high, this can be long term or short term but always about looking for the best possible return - I had the choice 5 years ago to buy a house but from doing a little research myself I decided that buying a certain shiny metal was a better choice, I now look set to sell the investment I made and buy a place outright soon, if it works for me financially, but unless something drastic happens I can't see property bottoming out by then so I will probably just use the interest from the money to pay rent. I'm not against buying a house as an investment but now is one of the worst times in the last 15 years if not 40 years to do it, due to the difference in average earnings to house price that's never been so far divided. Property has crashed in quite a few places around the world the UK is not immune.

Nowhere is immune and it would be silly to think that way. But supply and demand in this country is a problem, there are not enough houses out there. Now if prices do plunge, that does not stop the fact there are not enough houses. So if they do drop it makes even more sense to invest as you get more bang for your buck, and there will always be a mass of renters out their to prey on. So what ever way you look at it, if you have the cash to buy outright and are in no urgency to sell, or need to sell it makes sense.

Gold is a good way to go... If you have enough money to make it worthwhile, and your timing has to be right, when everything goes tits up then watch gold fly.

1326665740' post=1494885']

Nowhere is immune and it would be silly to think that way. But supply and demand in this country is a problem, there are not enough houses out there. Now if prices do plunge, that does not stop the fact there are not enough houses. So if they do drop it makes even more sense to invest as you get more bang for your buck, and there will always be a mass of renters out their to prey on. So what ever way you look at it, if you have the cash to buy outright and are in no urgency to sell, or need to sell it makes sense.

Gold is a good way to go... If you have enough money to make it worthwhile, and your timing has to be right, when everything goes tits up then watch gold fly.

Supply and demand is something that I have heard quite a bit so I did quite a bit of research and basically came to the conclusion that there will always be enough supply otherwise there will homeless people everywhere and politicians will be in for the high jump. Supply and demand is and has been a complete falsity with property. The thing the effects prices is the availability of jobs and access to credit based on having a secure job, you seem smart so you obviously know that jobs are few and far between and that credit is hard to come buy now which it wasn't over the last 13 years.

Buying outright certainly makes more sense than a morgatatge (which is essentially renting money if your interest only like a lot in this country) but I would argue that if you can get a decent return on the money you would use to buy a house you are likely to be able to pay the rent on a better house at a higher end of the market.

Whatever you get into you want it to be at least a good store of wealth and with inflation rocking away and merv saying "inflation will come down in 6 months" constantly over the last 4 years you don't want to be in cash unless your willing to pay the premium for being highly flexible. Property has been a good hedge against inflation in the past but this time it was already inflated and that kind of hedge against inflation requires wage inflation which we haven't got.

Sorry don't rate her at all but then Mcindoe is no looker is he.

As for his Ponzi scheme.. i would argue that both he and his investor chumleys are both culpable, or perhaps their parents, mainly because they have clearly not had the slightest amount of education in order to comprehend the difference between possible and fantasy.

Donald Duck its around the world in agees.

Archived