IGNORED

Iphone 4S

BS3_RED

I have upgraded to an IPhone 4S from an HTC Desire and wondered what peoples views are on the IPhone. I should have it middle of this week.

My contract runs out next month and i'm thinking of doing the same. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of deal did you get? I'm wary of spending too much per month, but have found a few decent tariffs online.

My contract runs out next month and i'm thinking of doing the same. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of deal did you get? I'm wary of spending too much per month, but have found a few decent tariffs online.

Mine was £99 up front for the phone (although my brother bought my old iphone off me, so it didn't cost a penny) and then it's £42 a month all in for 600 mins, unlimited texts and 500 meg of internet.

Insurance is free with my bank.

Mine was £99 up front for the phone (although my brother bought my old iphone off me, so it didn't cost a penny) and then it's £42 a month all in for 600 mins, unlimited texts and 500 meg of internet.

Should had gone with 3,

£35 a month with £99 up front. for the 4s.

2000 minutes

5000 texts

and proper unlimited internet.

Isn't Three known for signal coverage issues? No point having unlimited this and that if you can't connect.

When they started yes, people only remember them for when they started.

They have the best 3g coverage of all the providers now, im actually on vodafone but had 3 in the past, nothing wrong with them, people just remember them being bad and think "well they must still be bad".

Taken from their site,

"Our 3G network covers more than 97% of the population - and we're working hard to cover even more. You can check the Mobile Broadband coverage in your area using our coverage checker."

If your in that 3%, your probably living in a cave in wales somewhere.

Who with Dolls?

£41 a month for 900mins, unlimited txts, 750MB internet and 2GB of openzone wifi. Phone cost £160 for the 32GB version on Vodafone.

Also Siri is not fully yet supported in the uk until they uprade IOS

Mine works alright, I use it to set reminders, send texts, phone people, and go check the weather and stuff, the only thing it doesn't do is you can't use it like google at the moment, to go and search for businesses etc.

When they started yes, people only remember them for when they started.

They have the best 3g coverage of all the providers now, im actually on vodafone but had 3 in the past, nothing wrong with them, people just remember them being bad and think "well they must still be bad".

Taken from their site,

"Our 3G network covers more than 97% of the population - and we're working hard to cover even more. You can check the Mobile Broadband coverage in your area using our coverage checker."

If your in that 3%, your probably living in a cave in wales somewhere.

I stand corrected then. Goes to show the value of first impressions! Although using the Three site as a source of validation is hardly impartial. They are hardly going to say.... "Our 3G network covers over 97% of the population but the signal is still pretty weak and you'll be lucky to stay connected long enough to update your facebook status. However, a roll out of 3G coverage for Welsh caves is underway in 2012" ;)

I stand corrected then. Goes to show the value of first impressions! Although using the Three site as a source of validation is hardly impartial. They are hardly going to say.... "Our 3G network covers over 97% of the population but the signal is still pretty weak and you'll be lucky to stay connected long enough to update your facebook status. However, a roll out of 3G coverage for Welsh caves is underway in 2012" ;)

Well, for the amount of stuff you get compared to other networks, i think its worth the risk if you live in cave.

I was trying to find impartial info but internet was playing up. For an iphone, i really dont know why anyone would pay more, to get less.

When they started yes, people only remember them for when they started.They have the best 3g coverage of all the providers now, im actually on vodafone but had 3 in the past, nothing wrong with them, people just remember them being bad and think "well they must still be bad".Taken from their site, "Our 3G network covers more than 97% of the population - and we're working hard to cover even more. You can check the Mobile Broadband coverage in your area using our coverage checker."If your in that 3%, your probably living in a cave in wales somewhere.

Was on the 3 network three years ago, and never had a problem with coverage.

They used to piggyback on other networks, but not sure if they still do.

wow, £640 if on a years contract or over a grand for a 2 year contract. mobile phone contracts are mental!

I know. I am thinking of returning the phone (it arrived this morning) and changing to the three network. Unfortunately i am self employed and have to have a phone, plus with all the things phones do it has become an important component of my life (sad i know).

I am on 3 with an iPhone 4. There network most the time is fine. But stray a bit out of a town/city and only slightly rural and get hardly any signal. Plus even then in some town centres will be struggling to get 1 or 2 bars of signal.

Since I had my iPhone been to America, Austria, Dubai, India, Estonia and Slovenia get almost full signal in all those places. I got better network coverage at a top of a mountain skiing in Slovenia than I do in Huntingdon town centre.

In Cambridgeshire I found when I had an O2 phone a couple of years ago there network coverage was better than 3's

I am on 3 with an iPhone 4. There network most the time is fine. But stray a bit out of a town/city and only slightly rural and get hardly any signal. Plus even then in some town centres will be struggling to get 1 or 2 bars of signal.

Since I had my iPhone been to America, Austria, Dubai, India, Estonia and Slovenia get almost full signal in all those places. I got better network coverage at a top of a mountain skiing in Slovenia than I do in Huntingdon town centre.

In Cambridgeshire I found when I had an O2 phone a couple of years ago there network coverage was better than 3's

Thanks for that, i suppose you get what you pay for. I might have to stay on vodafone then as a phone with a crap signal is useless.

Thanks for that, i suppose you get what you pay for. I might have to stay on vodafone then as a phone with a crap signal is useless.

I can say the opposite though, my gf lives in the countryside, with 3 i had signal around her house, and in the house, with vodafone your lucky to have signal unless you standing in certain places. Certainly cant have a convo in the house.

Archived