IGNORED

Steve Brooker

wayne allisons tongues

Just put my som to bed and he was cuddled up to his teddy bear, Brooker bear named after the man himself.

We were saying how we could do with a fit Steve Brooker now, just the player we need upfront to hold the ball and battle for everything.

Just hope chris wood is going to be a similar type of player.

Just put my som to bed and he was cuddled up to his teddy bear, Brooker bear named after the man himself.

We were saying how we could do with a fit Steve Brooker now, just the player we need upfront to hold the ball and battle for everything.

Just hope chris wood is going to be a similar type of player.

If only hey mate!? On his day Brooker was superb. Great with his feet for a big fella and a very intelligent player! Always rated him highly just a shame injuries really restricted him!

Never really rated the bloke, had awful touch, but because he was always moving he seemed to more often than not get onto the end of his own trampoline chest knock downs.

That said, you don't realise just how much you miss certain players when you are in predicaments like we are in now, I think he probably would have led the line well in this team.

For all his bulk and height, I don't think wood is the answer, he is not good In the air, he is not that physical for a big lad, and first impressions would not suggest his first touch is that great either.

Never really rated the bloke, had awful touch, but because he was always moving he seemed to more often than not get onto the end of his own trampoline chest knock downs.

That said, you don't realise just how much you miss certain players when you are in predicaments like we are in now, I think he probably would have led the line well in this team.

For all his bulk and height, I don't think wood is the answer, he is not good In the air, he is not that physical for a big lad, and first impressions would not suggest his first touch is that great either.

Ah TRL you are usually always good for a sensible opinion but I wouldn't say his touch was that bad!! He would have led the line well for us though you are right about that! Wood has to convince me, but a return similar of that to his record at Birmingham would probably see us safe! If he can produce that I would be more than happy.

Ah TRL you are usually always good for a sensible opinion but I wouldn't say his touch was that bad!! He would have led the line well for us though you are right about that! Wood has to convince me, but a return similar of that to his record at Birmingham would probably see us safe! If he can produce that I would be more than happy.

A lot of people think I'm crazy when I talk about Brooker. I used to watch him very closely, he did used to bully defenders, a lot like Shearer did, but his touch was pretty poor, the ball would bounce a fair distance from him, but he was always moving, so it kind of went unnoticed, i am sure it contributed to a lot of his injuries, ball bounces away, he goes charging after it stretching trying to control it while getting hit.

It is why i didn't particularly like him as a player, he could have so much better if he worked on his close control a little better. Saying that, if he controlled it better, he wouldn't have been playing at our level if he could have added a good touch to the rest of his attributes.

A lot of people think I'm crazy when I talk about Brooker. I used to watch him very closely, he did used to bully defenders, a lot like Shearer did, but his touch was pretty poor, the ball would bounce a fair distance from him, but he was always moving, so it kind of went unnoticed, i am sure it contributed to a lot of his injuries, ball bounces away, he goes charging after it stretching trying to control it while getting hit.

It is why i didn't particularly like him as a player, he could have so much better if he worked on his close control a little better. Saying that, if he controlled it better, he wouldn't have been playing at our level if he could have added a good touch to the rest of his attributes.

True, I always liked him though. I will always remember a game in our promotion season, at home to port vale on an awfully wet and miserable saturday afternoon! 1-0 down at half time and Brooker really turned it on second half, he was class, link up play was good and scored a great goal. If I remember rightly as well that was a vital day for us when results went for us!

True, I always liked him though. I will always remember a game in our promotion season, at home to port vale on an awfully wet and miserable saturday afternoon! 1-0 down at half time and Brooker really turned it on second half, he was class, link up play was good and scored a great goal. If I remember rightly as well that was a vital day for us when results went for us!

We could do with his physical presence right now, once he had it under control, it was pretty difficult to get the ball off of him

I thought he could have been a real asset for us- a fully fit and firing Brooker would have been a handful for many defences I'd have thought, maybe with Maynard (pre this season) just off or behind him- that could have been a very good CC partnership I think. If only eh! Only problem would've of course been the 4-4-2 and our weakness with it. Suppose Adomah and Maynard either side of him with Brooker as the focal point would have been interesting...

Archived