IGNORED

No Extra Trains From Temple Meads?

Guest bristol south end

Guest bristol south end

Been told twice today from railstaff that there are no extra trains for sunday which means that there are just 3 direct trains from TM that will get you to Cardiff on time the 10.09,10.52 and the 11.50 chaotic scenes are a certainty with thousands trying to get on these 3 trains,why is it extra trains for the FA cup final last week and tomorrows play-off game from Bristol,yet none for us sunday.More shambolic organisation from our railways ,i predict some very angry and aggressive people having to make there own way on sunday despite the fact they are still selling tickets at TM for sundays trains

Guest bristol south end

I was advised at TM today and over the phone tonight by BR employees definitely NO EXTRA TRAINS the extra seats MIGHT come from the fact that they might well put extra carriages on,lets hope so because the 3 trains direct are usually just 2/3 carriages long,i'm starting to get worried

Guest theoldinn

Don't panic guy's, there are to be 5 extra trains laid on on Sunday, (2 from Parkway and 3 From BTM). Giving an extra 6000 train seats. I have just had this confirmed from Bristol Parkway.

Guest bristol south end

well you are getting different information than me then,because ive been told definitely no extra trains,what time are these extra trains from TM then?

Guest theoldinn

Here is the news artical that I have had confirmed by Parkway, and is printed in the Evening post tonight:

Bristol City fans are being urged to leave their cars at home and use public transport to get to Cardiff for the Brighton play-off clash. First Great Western and Wessex Trains will be operating extra trains from both Bristol Temple Meads and Parkway stations - but neither operator will guarantee enough space for all the supporters.

No seats can be reserved in advance and officials have warned they will be operating on a first-come basis.

In addition to the normal trains which run between the two cities on a Sunday, First will be running an extra five trains, offering an additional 4,500 seats.

Wessex will be running five additional trains, which means there will an extra 6,000 seats in total from Bristol - plus standing room - in the hours leading up to kick-off.

The additional services mean that the railway network will be able to transport around 20 per cent of the supporters who are expected to travel to South Wales.

Guest bristol south end

nowhere in my late edition of the EP does it mention extra trains,the spokesman just mentions the fact that even with a ticket it does not gaurantee you a place on the train,very worrying

Archived