IGNORED

Bbc 1, Inside Out West

Jordan Tansley

Funny, the whole time he was doing that piece stood on Ashton Vale, I didn't see one dog walker! :disapointed2se:

You have neither at one stage shouted or told people to sit down and shut up, like a certain lady has done for them and this one women is not just against the City project but one other, i really feel for her, her life must be so sad. Keep it up Dolly you are a credit to BCFC.

You have neither at one stage shouted or told people to sit down and shut up, like a certain lady has done for them and this one women is not just against the City project but one other, i really feel for her, her life must be so sad. Keep it up Dolly you are a credit to BCFC.

*sigh* we'll get there - one day!

The program was definitely worth a watch (or at least the part on the Town Green Legislation)

BBC iPlayer here

I thought it highlighted how the Town Green legislation was possibly being used by NIMBY's to thwart developers at every turn and certainly made out some of the NIMBY's to be rather shallow and devious.

A few things emerged for me that were rather sobering

• The fact that the cost of dealing with Town Green applications by a City Council is felt by EVERY Council Tax payer, not just the NIMBY's
  • The fact that if a Town Green application is successful, the Landowner effectively loses control of THEIR LAND (becomes worthless to sell)
  • The fact that if a Town Green application is successful, the Landowner is still legally liable for any negligence in its upkeep or accidents which may occur on the land

Throughout the piece, there was an interview with a Barrister who made some very honest comments and obviously thought the Law was an Ass when it came the Town Green legislation. He openly admitted that this legislation was great for Barristers but less so for the Community and Councils.

Interesting Inside out program - having watched I could agree with most of the town green applications that were clearly small areas of green, that are well kept and would be used by locals - in contrast our ashton vale site is nothing like those.

It would seem from SL comments that it is 2 faceless individuals who will not even come out in to the open but applied for the JR - really sums up all that is wrong with this country - only in UK could this happen!!

Archived