IGNORED

At Least Del Boy Has A Spine

coxyboy

No, Nick. I don't think I did.

I clarified in my last reply to you that I think Maynard was the best suited striker we had on our books for the lone striker role because he has mobility amongst other things. I'd much prefer him to be next to another striker but given our frailties in defence and midfield it is not a viable option. From there you must pick the player who will make the best of what was/is a bad situation. Maynard has scored 8 or 9 goals this season playing on his own but also contributed defensively too. He was good in the Leicester away game, the Millwall away game and Saints home and away amongst a few others. It certainly hasn't been all rosy but I think Maynard has done quite well in a team that has offered little going forward all year...

My argument when we talk about merits of selection has always been that he was the best available. Now that we have Wood we have a striker who is ready made for the lone role up top.

Do you think Pitman could lead the line on his own more effectively than the other strikers in the squad? Stead, unfortunately hasn't been available much this season so it's all rather pointless including him in the discussion.

If Pitman had played the games Maynard as from the start, I'm sure he will be getting the same stick if he was top scorer with only eight goals, people on here want to frustrate there anger on players when we get a bad result, wonder if he is next when Maynard goes?, i can hear the people replying wish we kept Maynard that Pitman is shit, fickle people.

Archived