IGNORED

City Player

JohnM

The commentator posts on this forum. I actually think he does a good job, the longer he does it the better he'll get...

Cheers. Beyond my own opinion it's difficult to gauge how a game has gone, and you're always looking for ways to do a better job. I don't think yesterday was up there with the best, either. I'd personally appreciate any feedback, and you learn more on how to improve from negative points.

Its fine on mine! No problem at all.

The poor picture quality is most noticeable if viewed full screen. In the small window it is, I suppose, passable (just). Having seen the standard of highlights on some other Champiionship club's sites, I still think we have got room for improvement - even when the normal quality is restored.

The quality is pretty standard except when the camera moves you get a kind of "wavy-vision". Probably an annoying one-off.

Would be nice to move away from Flash so that could be viewed on iphone but then, cynically, football league app wouldn't be able to charge you the £10/year again for same highlights?

Why does club not sell DVDs on demand - they must be able to produce em as they would have had to run loads of in Millen era :D

Having watched highlights on Doncaster player before the game on Saturday I would be upset to be them as their games seem to have no commentary as well!

The quality is pretty standard except when the camera moves you get a kind of "wavy-vision". Probably an annoying one-off.

Would be nice to move away from Flash so that could be viewed on iphone but then, cynically, football league app wouldn't be able to charge you the £10/year again for same highlights?

Why does club not sell DVDs on demand - they must be able to produce em as they would have had to run loads of in Millen era :D

Having watched highlights on Doncaster player before the game on Saturday I would be upset to be them as their games seem to have no commentary as well!

I still think that the quality was better previously but, as you say, the "wavy-vision" when the camera moves is awful. Maybe the video file may have be over-compressed.:dunno:

Having seen the highlights of our game at St Mary's (Soton) on their website (after someone pointed out that you can access other club's match highlights if you subscribe to City's Player) that was vastly superior to our coverage of Saturday's game.

Nothing wrong with the commentary, but the picture quality (in full screen mode especially) was dire.

It's not usually that bad. What is the problem ?

It's not great, the quality is never particularly good, but for 4 quid a month i can accept not so great quality video, must be something they can do to mkae them a bit better quality though ?

it's not as if all streams are that bad, i have an NFL game pass which is absolutely fantastic, you can watch the games in HD and the quality and streaming speed is absolutely brilliant, but then you do pay a premium for it at £200 odd for the regular season.

It's not great, the quality is never particularly good, but for 4 quid a month i can accept not so great quality video, must be something they can do to mkae them a bit better quality though ?

it's not as if all streams are that bad, i have an NFL game pass which is absolutely fantastic, you can watch the games in HD and the quality and streaming speed is absolutely brilliant, but then you do pay a premium for it at £200 odd for the regular season.

I'm getting a Game Pass for next season so I can watch the Cardinals every Sunday :) Can you watch any team or just the one you support? And does it have commentary?

Having seen the highlights of our game at St Mary's (Soton) on their website (after someone pointed out that you can access other club's match highlights if you subscribe to City's Player) that was vastly superior to our coverage of Saturday's game.

Nothing wrong with the commentary, but the picture quality (in full screen mode especially) was dire.

It's not usually that bad. What is the problem ?

I agree wholeheartedly, the quality is dire. Camera work is a shambles as well. I wonder if the club will respond?.

Yes it is cheap at about a quid a week.

Personally I would rather pay a bit more for better quality.

Archived