IGNORED

Laughing Stock - What Other Clubs Think

Ricardo 'Livi' Red

what are you on about,

I could post that about any club on in the world so theirfore they become a laughing stock,

Wigan havent denyed bidding they just said talks are not in advanced stages where city siad they are,

The reason for this, City want a bidding war Wigan don't want the price to go up nothing more nothing less its not a lughing stock its business

Jesus h christ

Thing is, we (the club) has said one thing, Wigan has said another. Who's telling the truth? Fact of the matter is no one knows. For all we know talks may have been in an advanced stage, we went public and Wigan threw their toys out the pram because of that.

As for this site reporting...whatever!

MM

What I love is how quickly people want to believe the fault lies with BCFC. Wigan are bottom of the league and are finding it difficult to get players to sign for them because of wage policy, just imagine the fans reaction when an average championship striker turns them down. if there was no truth in the original story did Wigan wait 24 hours to say so, it doesn't make sense.

Even the BEP have put a reasonable insight into this matter.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Mystery-Bristol-City-Nicky-Maynard-deal-Wigan/story-15038041-detail/story.html

What I love is how quickly people want to believe the fault lies with BCFC. Wigan are bottom of the league and are finding it difficult to get players to sign for them because of wage policy, just imagine the fans reaction when an average championship striker turns them down. if there was no truth in the original story did Wigan wait 24 hours to say so, it doesn't make sense.

Even the BEP have put a reasonable insight into this matter.

http://www.thisisbri...tail/story.htmlg

Agree there is does not look good for a Premier league club when a struggling championship side player turns you down, this could well be Wigan PR people spinning it.

Agree there is does not look good for a Premier league club when a struggling championship side player turns you down, this could well be Wigan PR people spinning it.

Exactly it's not as if Maynard is such a big catch really and he is not interested in signing for them and a lot of their fans are already questioning the Wigan transfer policy.

This actual story is barely registering in the football world anyway.. only City fans and Wigan fans (and maybe some bitter Leicester ones) are taking any note.

I suppose you could say that Scotland dosnt exactly register in the football world.

But because of recent events City are quite well followed up here, and it seems every client I talk to is aware of the NM situation sand asks why did we as a club put on OS that negotiations were advanced...

And why do most fans outside of Brizzle think that Wigan are correct in this matter..

PR disaster darling...

Oh well, it must be just the jocks who are having a laugh at the whole NM saga.

It was Burns night and perhaps I had too much of the haggis and tattles :laugh:

I suppose you could say that Scotland dosnt exactly register in the football world.

But because of recent events City are quite well followed up here, and it seems every client I talk to is aware of the NM situation sand asks why did we as a club put on OS that negotiations were advanced...

And why do most fans outside of Brizzle think that Wigan are correct in this matter..

PR disaster darling...

Oh well, it must be just the jocks who are having a laugh at the whole NM saga.

It was Burns night and perhaps I had too much of the haggis and tattles :laugh:

only reason its registering in scotland is because of McInnes you know the same reason we are linked with every single player who's played in scotland for the last 10 years,

its not even a PR diasiter I've still got ppl today coming to me at work saying "I've seen maynard has signed for wigan" thats how much its registered

Well they signed Beausejour yesterday and he is class.

Exactly, your last word sums it up 'class', I suspect that they feel that they could offer a 'class' player an escape clause, after all he will have quite a few suitors, as for average, untried, untested wannabes perhaps they would want to keep them for next seasons promotion push?.

Well they signed Beausejour yesterday and he is class.

I thought they might have been showing an interest in Maynard to force the hand of another player they were trying to sign. But Beausejour is a midfielder isn't he, so maybe not?

In their own words, Wigan made an 'informal enquiry as to the player's availability' last week. Given he's spent the last 5 weeks on the transfer list, touted for the Premier League by our own chairman in the summer and has been linked with a million and one clubs since the window opened, it seems a little convenient for innocent little Wigan to peddle that line.

Archived