IGNORED

Red Top Rubbish

Whale Eye Beef Hooked

Hang on one minute... Is this another thread about nm!?!!!!! When will it end .......... :)

I assume it's carrying on here as the 'we'd all do the same as Maynard' nonsense has run away from that argument in the main thread. Fact is, just not true.

I assume it's carrying on here as the 'we'd all do the same as Maynard' nonsense has run away from that argument in the main thread. Fact is, just not true.

Wilfred Zaha, didnt do the same as Maynard, he signed a long term contract. And now Bolton are rumoured to be interested...

Not everyone would take the route that maynard is taking!

NM last home game in a City shirt will be against Barnsley. Good send off or a volly of abuse from hell? I know what my choice is.

I reckon we've already seen his last home game. Wood , Pitman and Stead will all be in front of him if he's still here on Wednesday. As I've said elswhere , if he plays I think it could be disruptive to the team and the atmosphere in the ground. Can you imagine if he's playing and half the fans are on his back and the other half are trying to support him!!! We wont have to worry about Leeds fans being in the stands , thats for sure.!!

I wouldn't dream of speaking for anyone else with a line of 'we'd all do the same...'

However I, myself, would do exactly the same as Maynard.

In my personal working career, I have done the equivalent.

Been offered a different role within a company, knowing a division was going to be made redundant, so hung out for 6 months and pocketed a redundancy payment + a new role.

It's obviously drawing a long bow - but I would suggest a great many people would do the same.

Nicky Maynard owes Bristol City as much as I owed my employer. He does not come from Bristol, he does not support the club.

He is a professional footballer and he does better personally from going for free with a big sign on.

That's not something to criticise in my book.

The world is different now.

I wouldn't dream of speaking for anyone else with a line of 'we'd all do the same...'

However I, myself, would do exactly the same as Maynard.

In my personal working career, I have done the equivalent.

Been offered a different role within a company, knowing a division was going to be made redundant, so hung out for 6 months and pocketed a redundancy payment + a new role.

It's obviously drawing a long bow - but I would suggest a great many people would do the same.

Nicky Maynard owes Bristol City as much as I owed my employer. He does not come from Bristol, he does not support the club.

He is a professional footballer and he does better personally from going for free with a big sign on.

That's not something to criticise in my book.

The world is different now.

True, but I bet you weren't letting down a potential volitile client base of 20,000.

If he gets stick he must just suck it up, and count his dosh.

Couldn't agree more. Probably been told by Everton (or AN Other) hold on until the summer and we will pay you (and your agent) the £2M we save on a transfer fee. If a club like Everton , with their financial woes , can get Maynard for no transfer fee but pay him (and his agent) a couple of million spread over a 3 or 4 year contract , that's good business.

Oh , and he's probably been told not to injure himself in the meantime.

Keep seeing this rubbish about "millions" for a signing on fee. I very much doubt any club will offer him that much signing on fee, it's all relevant to the competition for his signature

Before his last game - and the abuse he gets, can we have some pre-match entertainment?

Call me selfish,but this grudge match has been festering over the recent seasons.

So dressed in Sumo suits:

In the RED corner I give you,the defective detective,the young and unwise,the gobby and soppy DCI JORDAN TANSLEY!!

In the Blue corner I give you,the master debater, the 'my way or the highway', the ultimate keyboard warrior...RIAZ!!

I reckon 3 x 2 min rounds would be worth an extra 2000 on the gate.

And we all get to boo Maynard.

Get the Ciders in Landlord,its game on!

Wouldnt last a round

I still think the previous board have something to answer for in respect of not offering NM a new contract whilst he was in rehab. Clealry it would have been a gamble in the event of him never recovering but we wouldn't be in this situation if we had been more proactive; at worst we would have had an unfit player collecting wages but in the same regard, with a hefty contract length behind him, his value would be a lot higher. It does come across that we are a little slow, as a club generally, in dealing with contract renewals; Fontaine being a particular case that comes to mind. Let's hope lessons are learned in the future once this saga is over!

Archived