IGNORED

We Are The Champions

atyeomatt

When your mug was on Sky TV , did u get loads of texts and phone calls...? :(
Just a few. I was on loads actually. Often half my head or as part of a crowd. I was on at the away leg too. I'm Brightons most famous fan. :dunno:

Spot on. If only some of our forum members were so good natured.

Turkey - I'll buy you a pint after the game and talk you through Rougiers hat trick if you're interested?

Rougier is bound to get eithen an assist or a goal. Always happens when you play against ex-players. Danny Wilson too. Oh dear. :(

Surely Turkey's in the running for "Best Forum Member who supports a rival club award 2004"!! Good to have a forum-member from another team who doesn't just say "You're crap etc etc" before we play them and then disappear when they lose..eg Swindonite etc!! Pretty refreshing to have some good-natured debate for a match with opposition fans..how it should be!!

Hope you Enjoy the game but we're victorius!! Sure I remember seeing you on tv for the Swindon vs Brighton game(as on photo) although I'll admit to sleeping for the first 80 minutes as it was soooooo dull!(and I was knackered)! As the general feeling is on here, I hope you enjoy the day, get your stadium and we get promoted..and you can go up next season instead?!?! Deal?! Thanks!!

Best Away Fan. :( I've only been registered a day or so!

As for Sunday. I'm very relaxed about it now. After the Swindon game it took me about 6 days to stop shaking and grinning. It's going to be brilliant whatever happens. It'll be the first time I've been in such a big crowd. Our biggest battle this season is off the pitch. The fact is we've been poor this season. Although maybe that's because for the past 3 season's our football has been such much better. Even in Division 1. Yeah we were relegated but the football was so much better. A lot of fans were very disapointed mid-season and were predicting mid-table. Also, not trying to suck up but the fact is. You lot want promotion more than us, expect it more than us and deserve it more than us and yes.. Knight is over rated! The main worry I have about staying down is next season. I think it'll be a lot tougher in division 2 (and thats not just the travelling up north every single week). We won't finish 4th so easily next year if we stay down. Swindon, Hartlepool, Port Vale, Tranmere, Hull, Doncaster, Barnsley, Wednesday, Walsall, Bradford. I can see it being very tough. Plus, when we beat you lot at Withdean three years ago? Lee Steele late header which basically won us the championship. Your fans walking out after the game were very good about it. Took it well. Although at Ashton Gate this season I was shocked by the homophobia outside. You expect the gay taunts inside the ground but there were a lot of people mouthing off to families outside the ground. Anyway! Lets all enjoy the game!! :dunno:

Turkey, why did you choose that forum name?? :(
Very dull. I met up with some posters on our forums at an away game but wasn't 'geeked up' online and needed a name. They had Porky and Beefy. My birthday is Christmas Eve. Somehow Turkey was mentioned and it stuck.

There's a story to tell the kids.

Just a few. I was on loads actually. Often half my head or as part of a crowd. I was on at the away leg too. I'm Brightons most famous fan. :dunno:
Me and my mate Whitesat (on the Forum), were on Sky TV as well at the 1st leg, they had the cameras on us for about 15 seconds, and then again in the 2nd half, then again in the highlights prior to the 2nd leg, Well famous now, I could not live it down at work.. :(

Guest Tauntonman

Turkey

Your original posting to this thread was a literary masterpiece !! Did you write that yourself or is it a quote - scuse my ignorance.

I think you are spot on about BCFC wanting it more that you lot. Deep down Brighton fans must know that they have to get a new stadium before Div 1 teams can be entertained. Whereas we already have a briilant venue - as you obviously know.

Anyway. Good luck, whatever happens tomorrow is going to brilliant. You won't believe how awesome that stadium is until you are inside and everyone is there.

Archived