IGNORED

Just Back From The Game

Loderingo

Thought overall we put in a good performance. 2 hard working fairly evenly matched sides who I think are likely to be playing each other again next year based on that performance. Probably 0-0 would have been a fairer result. Neither side really looked like scoring from open play so was likely to come down to a set piece

First half, thought at times we looked like the home team as we were passing it round and building while they were trying to catch us on the break. Foster was being done for pace by Hunt regularly. James made a really good stop with his legs. Just before half time Hunt did the most blatent dive you will ever see. He was just standing there and fell over. City didn't even touch him. Ref waved it away but Hunt feigned injury and got away without a booking.

Second half, didn't get a good view of the penalty incidents. People around me thought the 2nd one was a dive again. James made 2 good penalty saves but couldn't quite collect the rebound for the first one. Thought we played fairly well with 10 men initially. Albert was playing more centrally and hit the post. The other really good chance we had was from Wood who hit it at the keeper when left or right would have gone in. The 2nd and 3rd substitutions were counter productive really. We needed more support up front certainly but that left too many gaps in the middle with 10 men and we couldn't keep possession. Maynard was booed and did nothing.

Was noticeable how much we rely on Adomah still. We seem to expect him to beat 3-4 men without support. Fatty Roberts doesn't look a particularly good signing for them.

Between me and my mate I go with we have seen 6 games this season and lost all of them. Haven't even seen a goal! Perhaps we are a jinx.

Hunt disappeared in the 2nd half.....

They created a lot of pressure, mostly from high balls which Roberts won and held on to....

He was too big and powerful for our defence.....

Hunt was good and so was Macanuff......the rest of them were very average.

Thought overall we put in a good performance. 2 hard working fairly evenly matched sides who I think are likely to be playing each other again next year based on that performance. Probably 0-0 would have been a fairer result. Neither side really looked like scoring from open play so was likely to come down to a set piece

First half, thought at times we looked like the home team as we were passing it round and building while they were trying to catch us on the break. Foster was being done for pace by Hunt regularly. James made a really good stop with his legs. Just before half time Hunt did the most blatent dive you will ever see. He was just standing there and fell over. City didn't even touch him. Ref waved it away but Hunt feigned injury and got away without a booking.

Second half, didn't get a good view of the penalty incidents. People around me thought the 2nd one was a dive again. James made 2 good penalty saves but couldn't quite collect the rebound for the first one. Thought we played fairly well with 10 men initially. Albert was playing more centrally and hit the post. The other really good chance we had was from Wood who hit it at the keeper when left or right would have gone in. The 2nd and 3rd substitutions were counter productive really. We needed more support up front certainly but that left too many gaps in the middle with 10 men and we couldn't keep possession. Maynard was booed and did nothing.

Was noticeable how much we rely on Adomah still. We seem to expect him to beat 3-4 men without support. Fatty Roberts doesn't look a particularly good signing for them.

Between me and my mate I go with we have seen 6 games this season and lost all of them. Haven't even seen a goal! Perhaps we are a jinx.

Funny I thought Roberts was excellent. However, you're right about Hunt - cheating b*stard.

I don't think we're far away from being a half-decent side. The team has a shape, a plan and doesn't look like letting many in. However, we desperately lack creativity and you're right, we are over-reliant on Adomah. I think a central midfielder is a must, and another striker (once we ship out Mr Greedy).

I like Pearson, but I'm not 100% sure about whether he's the solution long term. Doesn't create enough for me. I thought Foster looked decent (even though many said he struggled), and Skuse had a good game in midfield. I was also impressed by Wood - intelligent footballer, and definitely our best option in a 4-5-1.

David James - superb today - 2 penalty saves, and a couple of other top saves. Proving his doubters wrong - and I was one of them.

I can't go often as I live in London, but this team is miles better than the shambles under Millen. We've got a long way to go, and Del needs to bring in players who can add a goal threat, but I think we have enough about us to survive and rebuild in the summer.

Roberts was a handful at times. Carey was dealing with him reasonably well ****il the penalty!)

Foster and McGivern were poor for me, caught out on numerous occasions. Special mention for Jamo - one great save with his leg first half and two great penalty saves (he had no chance with the rebound.)

Kilkennys free kick last minute was a joke. Not sure what he thought that would achieve!

Overall we were probably worth a point and I'm confident this bunch can keep us up. On to the next one!

I thought a Draw would have been a fair result. I'd be worried if i was a Reading fan though, long balls to a lump cheeky dives and cheap little fouls.

I thought Wood, Skuse and Foster played well and James penalty saves were brilliant.

Just a shame about McGivern, I thought he was woeful

Thoughts Roberts was arguably the best player on the pitch.....

We couldn't handle his power and strength

We couldn't handle anything today.

Their best player was the effing Ref.

I reckon if Reading didn't manage to score, that ref would have stooped in with a last minute diving header for them.

Archived