IGNORED

Don't Bother Turning Up On Sunday

Turkey

Brighton and Hove Albion's victory over Bristol City is written in the stars, according to psychic pundit Mystic Meg.

Meg was tucking into a meal at Gordon Ramsay's reality TV restaurant Hell's Kitchen when she received a forecast from the other side - and we don't mean Bristol.

Staring into a bowl-shaped glass lamp at the centre of her table, she exclaimed as she saw a vision of seagulls on a green field.

Sharing her table was Brighton-based tailor Gresham Blake, who has just handed over specially-made suits to the players for the play-offs.

He was dumbfounded when the supernatural superstar turned to him, predicting victory for the Seagulls.

A stunned Gresham, whose shop is in the North Laine, said: "I was invited to go to Hell's Kitchen so I went with my wife to have a meal there. Mystic Meg was on my table and we were talking about things.

Crystal ball "On the middle of the tables were light domes which looked like crystal balls. Mystic Meg was opposite me and said she saw 'green fields and men in smart suits'.

"I didn't know if it was a fit-up or not but everyone else seemed as surprised as me.

"Obviously I thought of Brighton but didn't say anything and then she started talking about something else.

"She then said she saw seagulls and winning formulas and I said that meant Brighton would win on Sunday. She said, 'Yes they will'.

"She genuinely didn't know I had made the team's suits."

Gresham, who will be accompanying the team to the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff for their big game, said: "I don't know Mystic Meg and didn't know whether it was a joke. If I had asked her, I would have expected her to say something but I didn't."

Meg told The Argus: "As soon as I saw him I had a picture of him celebrating Brighton's victory at the Millennium Stadium.

"I had a very positive feeling towards Brighton and was sure they would win."

Alongside Gresham and his wife in Hell's Kitchen were Radio 1 DJ Jo Whiley and Brighton-based presenter Briggy Smale while Angus Deayton wandered round speaking to the likes of comedian Vic Reeves.

Gresham said he enjoyed his meal, a lamb dish cooked by Edwina Currie, James Dreyfus, Matt Goss and Jennifer Ellison.

Meanwhile celebrities, politicians and business leaders are keeping their fingers crossed for Albion.

Messages of goodwill have poured in for the Seagulls as they prepare for their crunch clash.

Channel 4 News presenter Jon Snow said he planned to wear a club tie on the programme tonight.

Meanwhile, Norman Cook said he would be taking his lucky toy police car along to the match.

Norman said he ditched his lucky hat after the club were relegated last season but the vehicle had proved a harbinger of good fortune.

The DJ and record producer from Hove said: "I happened to find it in my pocket in a game just as somebody fouled one of our players.

"Everyone was shouting 'Show him your card' to the referee and the bloke next to me said, 'Show him your car'. I waved it and it proved lucky, so I now take it to matches."

Norman said that by coincidence he would be staying at the same Cardiff hotel as the Albion team on Sunday night.

He said: "Whatever the result, we will want a drink afterwards."

Norman said he was too superstitious to make a score prediction but added: "I spoke to Dick Knight on Monday and he told me 27,000 tickets had been sold, which is more than the potential capacity for Falmer.

"Planners say we are just a provincial side but we have potentially 30,000 fans willing to travel to Cardiff."

Brighton-based David Van Day, the ex-Dollar singer, said: "I wish them lots of luck and obviously want them to win. Hopefully, this will be another step in the right direction to getting their stadium."

Club poet Attila the Stockbroker said he would be travelling up on Sunday nursing a hangover after the Glastonwick Beer Festival tonight and tomorrow.

He said: "The most important thing on Sunday is that everybody shows John Prescott and the Government how many fans we have got."

Hove and Portslade MP Ivor Caplin said: "This will be a great occasion for the Albion and its supporters.

"I know the players can do it. They are good enough for Division One and Sunday is our great opportunity to prove it in front of the nation.

"I hope the players, management and our fans enjoy the day and let's hope for a good result."

Brighton Pavilion MP David Lepper said: "Although I can't be with them at the match, my thoughts will be with them.

"We'll be looking for a great result, just as many of us here in Parliament are hoping for a great result from John Prescott."

Brighton Kemptown MP Des Turner said: "The hopes of the city are riding on you, the pride of Brighton and Hove."

Brighton and Hove City Council chief executive David Panter said: "The Albion brought huge pride to the city with their promotions in recent seasons. Here's wishing them all the best for a repeat performance in Cardiff."

Council leader Ken Bodfish said: "I won't be going because my grandchildren are coming over. But fly on the Seagulls and I hope they will soon be landing in a new stadium."

Garry Peltzer Dunn, leader of the Conservative group, said: "All our hearts are with them. Quite frankly, the great escape last week was incredible. It was almost like being a child watching Dr Who. You were frightened to watch but had to watch."

Council Lib Dem leader Paul Elgood said: "We wish the Albion every success and have our fingers crossed for a good result and a return to Division One."

Green councillor Bill Randall said: "We wish the team good luck in Cardiff and hope to see them back in Division One next season with a clear decision about their future home from John Prescott."

Roger Marlowe, chairman of Brighton and Hove Hotels Association, said: "The club is the most important single ambassador for the city. When it succeeds, the name goes everywhere around the country.

"We wish the club every single piece of luck this weekend."

I've been reading my star's for year's and never known sceptic peg to get it right yet!

If that's you're only hope maybe you should stay at home, at least then i could have an extra hour in bed before you start cluttering up our roads. :(

FEED THE WELSHMAN HE WILL SCORE!

Guest XrAnGeX
What was the point of this Topic?
Why do you wake up every morning?

Is it so you can ask stupid questions every 2 minutes?

Guest XrAnGeX
Reds and XrAnGeX who are you on about?
Nothing, Absolutely Nothing ! ! ! :(

The world can be a beautiful place, venture and find answers yourself.

Archived