IGNORED

Kalifa Cisse.....new Contract?

bangers

Any news on Kalifa Cisse and whether he is going to be offered/accept a new contract....

Has become one of our most important players in recent months.....but obviously isn't one of Del's players......

I for one would like him to get a new contract, on occasions he has been superb.....but Del might see otherwise as he clearly will want to clear out a lot of the squad to bring his "own" players in....

Also would he accept a new contract??

Thoughts.......

I wouldn't hesitate to give him a new contract, by and large he's been fantastic since Del came to the club, most notably in the West Ham away game where he was superb.

His performance at West Ham was one of the best individual performances this season.

i think Kalifa is an excellent player when we are playing away from home as he breaks up the play and protects the back four well, however at home i feel at home he is to defensive as we must play more attacking in front of our own fans and i would much prefer Elliot at home who can do a bit of both.? thoughts?

Disagree. I feel Cisse releases others to express themselves further up the pitch.

i think Kalifa is an excellent player when we are playing away from home as he breaks up the play and protects the back four well, however at home i feel at home he is to defensive as we must play more attacking in front of our own fans and i would much prefer Elliot at home who can do a bit of both.? thoughts?

dont get the myth of playing different at home & away but Cisse playing means Kilkenny can push on upfield which is when we've had our best games

I really rate the guy but with marv locked down for a couple more yrs i can see him being released. The squads too big as we know and hes gonna want to bring his own men in.

I wouldn't be surprised, either.

I rate Cisse highly too, but with Skuse, Elliott and Kilkenny all under contract for a couple of years and Pearson a virtual certainty to stay longer if we are a Championship club next season, central midfield is the one area where we have a number of experienced players already.

I like Kalifa a lot and really hope he does stay, but could only see this happening if someone from the above list moves on.

Archived