IGNORED

Aaron Wibraham

'Orns

Rule Number 1 on OTIB.

Make sure you rubbish any player signing for us before you have actually seen him play for us!

I've seen him play enough, at both this level and below, to say that I believe he offers us less than Wood.

I'm not rubbishing him, just stating that if we are to spend money (be that fees or wages) on a player of his type I personally would not choose him.

Not saying his is awful or crap, just we have better, younger and (IMHO) more mobile and sharp option s already.

I've seen him play enough, at both this level and below, to say that I believe he offers us less than Wood.

I'm not rubbishing him, just stating that if we are to spend money (be that fees or wages) on a player of his type I personally would not choose him.

Not saying his is awful or crap, just we have better, younger and (IMHO) more mobile and sharp option s already.

A semi perhaps?

I agree though, he was decent at a lower level and has barely featured for Norwich

in the Prem but... at 32 the suggested signing of him and Morris (33) feels fairly desperate.

Of course if they were offered short deals and it meant that we stayed in the NPC then

it would be a good investment, so as long as DM is convinced that's what we need then bring

him/them in.

I have doubts as to the veracity of this one though.

A semi perhaps?

:D

I agree though, he was decent at a lower level and has barely featured for Norwich

in the Prem but... at 32 the suggested signing of him and Morris (33) feels fairly desperate.

Of course if they were offered short deals and it meant that we stayed in the NPC then

it would be a good investment, so as long as DM is convinced that's what we need then bring

him/them in.

IMO We shouldn't be signing any players over 30 on permanent unless they're very, very short deals and we certainly shouldn't be paying a fee for them either because we'd then have to pay another fee to replace them when they retire.

If these were short deals to help us stay up that's one thing but if they were 2-3 years I would be concerned.

A semi perhaps?

him/them in.

Nothing you've said is untrue and I adopt the 'In Del I Trust' defence if this does turn out to be true.

I'd suggest Morris is less desperate as he has a long standing relationship with Del and Doc, and has openly spoken of his desire to coach, something he was enjoying and learning under them. Morris' contribution behind the scenes might be just as important in motivating and pushing on a team that sometimes seems to lack leadership.

Plus, as his goal this weekend proves, Morris can still show some of the undoubted class his earlier career promised, and that is something that (as Hartley proves) doesn't leave you.

:D

IMO We shouldn't be signing any players over 30 on permanent unless they're very, very short deals and we certainly shouldn't be paying a fee for them either because we'd then have to pay another fee to replace them when they retire.

If these were short deals to help us stay up that's one thing but if they were 2-3 years I would be concerned.

I agree about the shortness of the deal, six months would be ample but I can't see a player doing that if they've

already got longer deals at their present clubs. Unless of course the wages matched the time scale.

I thought SL and CS (in particular) had stated that we would not be going down this route again? Or maybe

I dreamt that.

I'm guessing that DM would have to be seriously convincing to the Board for them to sanction either of these

signings.

Nothing you've said is untrue and I adopt the 'In Del I Trust' defence if this does turn out to be true.

I'd suggest Morris is less desperate as he has a long standing relationship with Del and Doc, and has openly spoken of his desire to coach, something he was enjoying and learning under them. Morris' contribution behind the scenes might be just as important in motivating and pushing on a team that sometimes seems to lack leadership.

Plus, as his goal this weekend proves, Morris can still show some of the undoubted class his earlier career promised, and that is something that (as Hartley proves) doesn't leave you.

Yeah, I hadn't thought of the coaching angle regarding Morris, so that may well be a nod to the future.

So a six month playing deal with a coaching role afterwards might be an option.

I've got to be honest and say that I thought Morris had retired already before DM came here. Seems a long, long time

ago when he was at Chelsea. He never did much for me (on a footballing basis) and I'm not convinced that being

reasonable in the SPL with the occasional flash of class is any basis for signing him now. But, like I wrote already, if

DM is convinced that's what we need then I'll buy into it.

Archived