IGNORED

Lee Johnson - Contract Terminated

Red Zeppelin

Good luck Lee, glad you were here but your future clearly is elsewhere now.

As a side note this is a clear statement of intent from our management who aren't afraid to do some pruning and I applaud them for doing so.

Was time for little Lee to move on and although the guy frustrated many fans he should be remembered for those games where the 5 minutes of game changing football outshone the other 85 mins. He won us games and I would have liked to have seen if fans reaction to him would have been different if he wasnt the managers son.

Cheers Lee

For a start thanks lee one for being a good servant to the club and no moaning when out the team.

And second for agreeing to mural terminate ur contract..as u could see was best for both parties.people are saying next nicky hunt.well unless he agrees to it.it would be expensive and possibly very hard to do.

Once again thanks lee.I was one of the fans that thought u should of been near the first team.I enjoyed watching u play.

For a start thanks lee one for being a good servant to the club and no moaning when out the team.

And second for agreeing to mural terminate ur contract..as u could see was best for both parties.people are saying next nicky hunt.well unless he agrees to it.it would be expensive and possibly very hard to do.

Once again thanks lee.I was one of the fans that thought u should of been near the first team.I enjoyed watching u play.ought hunt is gone too :laugh: good

I'm assuming by players leaving by "mutual consent" they're agreeing to having a lump sum paid to them (which isn't necessarly the remainder of what they're entitled to in their contract) but it suits both the club because they don't have to keep forking out, and the player because they get a nice little windfall which also allows them go and find another club who'll then continue to pay them wages also, am I right?

I'm assuming by players leaving by "mutual consent" they're agreeing to having a lump sum paid to them (which isn't necessarly the remainder of what they're entitled to in their contract) but it suits both the club because they don't have to keep forking out, and the player because they get a nice little windfall which also allows them go and find another club who'll then continue to pay them wages also, am I right?

Correct.

Not that high in his case ^_^

There's the sound of some furious backpedalling going on in this thread. Apparently, he was a much better player than we all remember.

How long before he's playing for Yeovl?

Happy to redress the balance of out flowing warmth!.

Never rated him and thought he brought very little to the team. IMO only played week in and week out because of the obvious. Was disappointed when he came on at Wembley and Marv was switched to FB.

I have heard he is a good bloke and is obviously sensible with his money. So well done, but that's of little interest to me, and as a player I really doubt he would have got so many starts if wasn't for Dad.

Cheerio.

+1. Thanks for all your efforts, and for being an important part of the promotion winning team, and the team that reached the play-off final. Your professionalism and dedication has been second to none throughout your time at City -all the best for the future.

Totally agree. He took some stick from some fans but he what a lot of people forget was he put in a lot of good performances during the promotion season and the first year in the Championship. Also he had great respect for the club unlike some people who can’t be named but whose initials are N.M.

Archived