IGNORED

Saturday's Ref

Mighty Squirrel Kingdom

Whatever with the 'Boro free kick he was truly awful for BOTH sides that day. He is simply a rubbish referee who is very much up himself?

Not a good start to the weekend, in fact I might just hope that tonights severe frost gets right into the pitch and he does us all a favour and postpones it tomorrow meaning that we can have someone a little better in black when the game is eventually played?

I haven't noticed a referee being conspicuously poor for five of six years but this guy seemed absolutely dire - there again, someone near me felt the first red was justified, so what do I know. He did look like he'd fancy going home on the Leeds coach.

When McCormack wasn't diving he was waving any imaginary cards that his teammates weren't already waving. Lovely club. Not very good though, the way they played they won't win again this season unless the entire Championship is reduced to nine men too.

I started this thread because I felt it was worth warning everyone about this clown. After today's p*55 poor performance by Linington - who was clearly and unacceptably influenced by the behaviour of the Leeds players - I will keep an eye out just in case we get him again. I'm not sure if we can ask not to have him referee any of our games again, but if that's possible then we should do so in the strongest possible fashion.

My view was that he was bloody awful for most of the game but typically the only two decisions he got right left us with nine men. He was conned all game by the dirty cheating northern bastards though. Shocking performance but no qualms over the reds for me. both silly challenges.

"By the book" both were probably reds I thought (most questionalble was Bolasie's first yellow). The problem I have is that "by the book" there should have been yellows for the kick on Albert from behind very early, for 'kicking the ball away' twice when Leeds were given offside and carried on to put the ball in the net, and at least once for preventing us from taking a free kick. All petty, I know, but as much 'by the book' cards as ours. And yes, very disappointing to see how easily Leeds players went over and their constant urging the ref to send fellow players off.

I went to the boro game and was felt robbed by this ref!!! i remember the abuse he was getting coming off the pitch!! a complete joke i believe hes got something against us... did he get abuse today ? i know its not right but this guy deserves it!!!

"By the book" both were probably reds I thought (most questionalble was Bolasie's first yellow). The problem I have is that "by the book" there should have been yellows for the kick on Albert from behind very early, for 'kicking the ball away' twice when Leeds were given offside and carried on to put the ball in the net, and at least once for preventing us from taking a free kick. All petty, I know, but as much 'by the book' cards as ours. And yes, very disappointing to see how easily Leeds players went over and their constant urging the ref to send fellow players off.

This.

The first for bolasie I thought was harsh and not a booking.

By the book their centre mid should have had a yellow for deliberate handball.

Bechio did about 3 separate things that by the book were worth yellows.

It was inconsistant to say the least, as if bolasie deserved two yellows then the ref missed about 6 others during the game. But he got a hard on for himself sending bolasie off

Whatever with the 'Boro free kick he was truly awful for BOTH sides that day. He is simply a rubbish referee who is very much up himself?

Not a good start to the weekend, in fact I might just hope that tonights severe frost gets right into the pitch and he does us all a favour and postpones it tomorrow meaning that we can have someone a little better in black when the game is eventually played?

Please do not anybody say we were not aware???

Im not sure about either red tbh. It wasnt like the Leeds guy was getting to the ball for the first. I also thought Bolasie was actually fouled for his first yellow, let alone get a booking for it!! I just think in conditions like today the refs need to make some considerations for conditions. Aside of the ref, to which he got most things wrong, 11 v 11 we were the better team. Even with 10 i thought we couldve stolen a draw but certainly not with 9. Bad day at the office.

Absolutely- in the first fifteen minutes Delph kicked Albert twice and wasn't booked for either foul.

Bolasie committed two fouls and was yellow carded for both of them, consistent? Yes, consistently seeing it one way.

The biggest difference being that we didn't roll around and then chase the ref waving imaginary cards......

Overall he was simply shit, some of the free kicks he gave us when we were reduced to nine men in a pathetic attempt to slightly even it up were just embarrassing.

This ref has had us 4 times:

28th Dec 09 (H) Watford 2-2 sent off Nyatanga two yellows.

12th Feb 11 (H) Leeds 0-2

11th Dec 11 (H) Middlesboro 0-1

4th Feb 12 (H) Leeds 0-3 sent off Wilson red and Bolasie two yellows

Last season he sent off 7 players in 37 games

This season he has sent off 6 players in last 11 games done !!

The thing I don't understand is there are 77 ref's including the Premier League ref on list

yet we have had this ref 3 times in a year strange !!

Thanks to wembley87 for the extra information. Linington was also responsible for the fiasco of the Carling Cup game between Swansea and S****horpe a couple of years ago which was in danger of being abandoned after he sent three Swansea players off then 'persuaded' Steven Dobbie to come back on to the pitch after he was injured. Swansea had no subs left at that point.

Didn't think he was bad at all.

Both of them were red cards.

You are just pointing the finger

Not sure how I'm pointing the finger TBH. As I said earlier, I started the thread two days ago because I thought that it was worth pointing out that Linington is obviously a card happy referee who has previous when it comes to multiple bookings/sendings off. I had a clear view of the first 'offence' and it was a fantastic piece of play acting by the Leeds player that wouldn't have looked out of place in El Clasico. I couldn't really see the second but I knew Yannick would be sent off purely because Linington had already set the precedent with James Wilson and because of his poor reputation.

Archived