IGNORED

Nicky Hunt Signs For Preston - What A Joke!

ajs202

PNE's manager Graham Westley is insane

"FOOTBALL boss Graham Westley told his players to prepare for a 9/11-style terror attack in a bizarre late-night text.

The Preston North End manager said al-Qaeda was targeting the team's hotel.

Players were stunned by the text sent hours before Saturday's crunch game with Yeovil — which they lost 2-1.

Westley, 43, wrote: "In view of the must win game tomorrow beware of the low flying aircrafts as we are in a very high hotel which will be a target for al quaeda leaders (sic).

"If we come under attack we must stick together and keep evolving as a team and bring pain on them. Make sure u have right footwear on incase of such events."

The text has puzzled stars at the League One club.

A source said: "Nobody is quite sure what to make of it. They don't know if it is meant as a joke or what.

and

Last week Westley — who joined Preston from Stevenage earlier this month — dropped four players from the team in a 2am text.

Westley apologised for delivering the news so late, claiming it had taken a long time to add all the players' numbers to his phone's address book.

He said later: "I have always communicated in different ways and I have no plans to stop."

but signing Nicky Hunt is madder than any of that

Some PNE fans really, really hate Westley already. He is called 'David Brent', in some quarters. Its a disaster in waiting and they are fearing relegation again!

Nicky Hunt was by all accounts looking for a deal closer to home, which makes sense given the amount of time he was at Bolton.

Looks like Westley is doing the GJ style of management, handgrenades, odd signings the lot

Sounds more extreme than that!

If I was under his management I'd be suspicious of antics such as this; would certainly make me wonder if he wasn't out of his depth.

Some PNE fans really, really hate Westley already. He is called 'David Brent', in some quarters. Its a disaster in waiting and they are fearing relegation again!

Nicky Hunt was by all accounts looking for a deal closer to home, which makes sense given the amount of time he was at Bolton.

Looks like Westley is doing the GJ style of management, handgrenades, odd signings the lot

Well this manager has just got one new fan. I bloody love David Brent.

I hope he does well. I'm sure he's still a good player, he just needs someone to get his form and confidence back.

Absolutely still a good player?... perhaps, just perhaps, at lower league level. If Preston go down to league 2 he may just find his level; there is not a chance he is good enough for the Championship or Del would have considered keeping him.

If you ask me this is a real gamble for Preston, bit like City; took 2 big gambles before the board realised. Preston appointed Fergie and now Westley, two up and coming managers. The first jumped too soon and perhaps Westley will rue the day he did as well. Wonder if his choice of defenders might assist his demise.

Promotion next season then

Archived