IGNORED

My View On The Game Today

bangers

We missed a big chance today.

Leeds were average at best, And for 40 minutes we were the better team.....keeping control of possession, and looking dangerous.

But we fell asleep for the 1st goal.....not sure what happened but it looked as if he hit the shot straight at James who dived out the way????

The moment we had Wilson sent off then Bolasie we were ******....with 9 men it was game over.

Thought Fontaine was super composed and Skuse never stopped running.....Cisse again worked hard but was disappointed with Wilson, especially with the red where he was well out of position.

A case of falling asleep for te goal and then 2 deserved red cards means we totally shot ourselves in the foot.....Leeds were gifted the points today yet were there for the taking....

Well done the EastEnd.......never stopped singing and put the quiet Leeds fans to shame.....they looked like they didn't know what hit them.

I thought James could of done alot better with the second goal to, it was shot streight at him, all he had to do was stay still and he would of saved it...

.................................IN MY OPINION.................................. (for all the keyboard warriors looking to start an argument)

Leeds were average at best, And for 40 minutes we were the better team.....keeping control of possession, and looking dangerous.

But we fell asleep for the 1st goal.....not sure what happened but it looked as if he hit the shot straight at James who dived out the way????

The moment we had Wilson sent off then Bolasie we were ******....with 9 men it was game over.

Thought Fontaine was super composed and Skuse never stopped running.....Cisse again worked hard but was disappointed with Wilson, especially with the red where he was well out of position.

A case of falling asleep for te goal and then 2 deserved red cards means we totally shot ourselves in the foot.....Leeds were gifted the points today yet were there for the taking....

Well done the EastEnd.......never stopped singing and put the quiet Leeds fans to shame.....they looked like they didn't know what hit them.

Sitting in the Williams, we could hear the Leeds fans throughout the game.

Agree with some of what you say, although we controlled the first 40 minutes we still didn't create much, a few half chances that we did well with but nothing where I thought we should have scored.

Thought Wilson was solid, but a bit of naive defending for his red card, he will learn from that.

Nothing Jamo could have done with the first goal, he dived where snodgrass was aiming to put it, but he miskicked it completely and James nearly got a foot on it, he had to go early as snodgrass was completely free and it nearly worked.

Can't comment on the second as I was in the atyeo.

The sending off changed everything. Even at 1-0 down we still looked like we could score. Although Wilson looks talented and has many attributes he unfortunately cost us yesterday. Frankly I wouldn't consider starting him again until next season. While relegation looms over our shoulders we need experience and reliability not novices and mistakes.

I wouldn't blame James for any of the goals. The third one just added insult to injury. It was almost impossible to find that gap in the top corner, but he did.

The sending off changed everything. Even at 1-0 down we still looked like we could score. Although Wilson looks talented and has many attributes he unfortunately cost us yesterday. Frankly I wouldn't consider starting him again until next season. While relegation looms over our shoulders we need experience and reliability not novices and mistakes.

I wouldn't blame James for any of the goals. The third one just added insult to injury. It was almost impossible to find that gap in the top corner, but he did.

Fair comment, but "we still looked like we could score" is very optimistic.

Unfortunately we haven't looked like we could score for ages!

I disagree with you comments he's one of the best centre halfs we have and with fonts is the future of this football club. He will learn a great deal from yesterday. He was unlucky he had to make a challenge that's football.

Iagree with most of what you say.The thing that got irate was the ref giving Kilkenny no protection and he was being fouled early on by a different person each time.They looked like they took it in turns to foul so they didnt get booked.

I disagree with you comments he's one of the best centre halfs we have and with fonts is the future of this football club. He will learn a great deal from yesterday. He was unlucky he had to make a challenge that's football.

No, he didn't have to make a challenge. Inexperience cost him there. He was out of position for thier player to get past him in the first place. The best thing he could have done is tracked him back and hoped he'd either caught up, the player made a mistake, James makes a save, or his shot is skied over the bar. Even if he'd scored and we'd gone 2 down, we'd have more chance coming from 2-0 with 11 men on the pitch than 1-0 down with only 10 men, IMO.

Back to the drawing board for Del we started with real pace closing them down like when Del first took over but that goal didn't happen, football is a confidence game and to concede like we did and have a player sent in the last five of the first half was a kick in the balls we were not going to recover from, but respect to the players when we were down to nine men, one thing from yesterdays game Del knows he has got fighters there, they all ran there bollocks of when we were down to nine.

Iagree with most of what you say.The thing that got irate was the ref giving Kilkenny no protection and he was being fouled early on by a different person each time.They looked like they took it in turns to foul so they didnt get booked.

Actually he did book the first two but Becchio was let off. Perhaps the mistake was Kilkenny's for the old-fashioned approach of getting straight up and carrying on to show they hadn't hurt him?

The new breed of referees don't understand that and have to have it spelled out to them ... which is why players roll around and get the spongeman on to attract attention, City in general have always been a bit too gauche for our own good.

Actually he did book the first two but Becchio was let off. Perhaps the mistake was Kilkenny's for the old-fashioned approach of getting straight up and carrying on to show they hadn't hurt him?

The new breed of referees don't understand that and have to have it spelled out to them ... which is why players roll around and get the spongeman on to attract attention, City in general have always been a bit too gauche for our own good.

Kilkenny seen both tackles coming most probably mates of the field, he got up and got on with the game like football should be,

Kilkenny seen both tackles coming most probably mates of the field, he got up and got on with the game like football should be,

... whereas as Leeds (and Middlesborough in his last visit to The Gate) played on this ref's gullibility for all they were worth. There's also an argument to say Kilkenny should have stayed on the pitch to attract further cards and give the ref a chance to even the numbers up.

... whereas as Leeds (and Middlesborough in his last visit to The Gate) played on this ref's gullibility for all they were worth. There's also an argument to say Kilkenny should have stayed on the pitch to attract further cards and give the ref a chance to even the numbers up.

Good point you will have to ask Del that question, they were gunning for Kilkenny, like the City players will with Maynard if he plays.

Archived