IGNORED

Too Nice

Rich

In my opinion we are too nice as a club, as a team and as supporters.

The team are very niaive in terms of getting fouls, players booked, they frequently take free kicks and throw ins from the wrong place, this constantly puts us at a dissadvantage, with more experienced opponents welcoming that niaivity. There are many occasions when players have been fouled and they're too honest in not going down, getting a free kick and putting pressure on the opposition. The number of times we have been outdone by teams with more nous than us is worrying. I'm not advocating cheating, just getting what others do, to our advantage for a change, with a little thought.

As supporters we very rarely put pressure on the officials, we allow visiting supporters to dominate the atmosphere, unless we are really fired up for a game. So often we sit in silence and react to things when it's too late. Perhaps we've been down in the dumps for too long, as we are generally reactive rather than proactive in our vocal support of the team.

If the roles had been reversed today, playing in Leeds, then the second half would most probably have seen the team numbers evened up.

As a club I feel we are again too nice. We have been outdone and beaten from all sides, because we play things too straight, too honest. Perhaps the club mirror the supporters.

For a change let's be proactive, not so nice and actually win some of our battles, Passion I call it, Leeds had it we didn't.

The team are very niaive in terms of getting fouls, players booked, they frequently take free kicks and throw ins from the wrong place, this constantly puts us at a dissadvantage, with more experienced opponents welcoming that niaivity. There are many occasions when players have been fouled and they're too honest in not going down, getting a free kick and putting pressure on the opposition. The number of times we have been outdone by teams with more nous than us is worrying. I'm not advocating cheating, just getting what others do, to our advantage for a change, with a little thought.

As supporters we very rarely put pressure on the officials, we allow visiting supporters to dominate the atmosphere, unless we are really fired up for a game. So often we sit in silence and react to things when it's too late. Perhaps we've been down in the dumps for too long, as we are generally reactive rather than proactive in our vocal support of the team.

If the roles had been reversed today, playing in Leeds, then the second half would most probably have seen the team numbers evened up.

As a club I feel we are again too nice. We have been outdone and beaten from all sides, because we play things too straight, too honest. Perhaps the club mirror the supporters.

For a change let's be proactive, not so nice and actually win some of our battles, Passion I call it, Leeds had it we didn't.

Did you see the incident in the second half, when Jon Stead was blatently being pulled back in the area? He never went down and tried to create a goal in an honest fashion. The ref had sent off two of our players, probably correctly, but had Stead gone down, i feel sure the ref would have given the pen, firstly because it would have been, and secondly because he probably would have felt he owed us something. Stead was too honest by half.

Its the grumpy old farts in the Dolman stand, i try to start off chants and just get told to shut up... the people in that stand just want to watch their football in complete silence and it really does piss me off! its a football match for christ sake not a library! anyone looking to purchase a season ticket next year, try to avoid the Dolman, i certainly will be in future!!

Leeds had passion?

Their fans were dead compared to ours in the EE.

They didn't even play that well, they were up against 9 men.

What a load of shit.

Thanks for your response.

You were obviously stuck in between some other shouters in the EE, this would account for you not knowing that there was very little noise coming from the EE, apart that is from the Yorkshiremen.

I wasn't actually referring only to this match, I am talking generally about the club and it's supporters as a whole, not just the EE. I just used Leeds fans as an example of how to support the team. Apart from a spell of about 20mins before they scored they produced much more noise than the whole of Ashton gate.

The atmosphere at AG is shit, it's been that way since it became an all seater stadium.

The Leeds fans produced a good atmosphere, but I noticed they were stood up.

AG can produce a good atmosphere regardless of all seater, we've done it before, I just think we're too reserved and nice until we get riled, not everyone of course.

Leeds had passion?

Their fans were dead compared to ours in the EE.

They didn't even play that well, they were up against 9 men.

What a load of shit.

Listened on the radio so it might not be accurate to the true atmosphere due to where the microphones are or whatever.

But you could tell whenever a city player had put in an unfair challenge as you could hear a big roar from the leeds fans and constantly putting pressure on the ref. They sounded pretty loud overall tbh.

Its the grumpy old farts in the Dolman stand, i try to start off chants and just get told to shut up... the people in that stand just want to watch their football in complete silence and it really does piss me off! its a football match for christ sake not a library! anyone looking to purchase a season ticket next year, try to avoid the Dolman, i certainly will be in future!!

I didn't hear a sound from the Attyeo or Williams but a couple of COYRs from the Dolman.

I sit in the Dolman and I'm amazed that people don't shout support more, it's the same in the Williams.

One day you'll be a grumpy old fart, but this grumpy old fart shouts and bawls his heart out, as do many around me.

Noticed a lot of clubs ball boys don't pass the ball back yet ours always do (Derby, Cov, Reading)

How many times have we seen this sort of thing at other clubs, ours will more than likely dry the ball and place it in their hands in the 93rd minute.

I believe, that we make the experience of playing or reffing at AG a less daunting proposition than at many more clubs and to our dissadvantage.

AG can produce a good atmosphere regardless of all seater, we've done it before, I just think we're too reserved and nice until we get riled, not everyone of course.

No, I really don't believe we are too nice! Do you follow City away?

I'll stick to my guns, the atmosphere is shit, of course it would be as the football has been dire for years.

I also thought the Leeds fans were anonymous, really quiet.

The atmosphere is shit at AG??? Where have u been this season where the atmosphere HASN'T been shit?

I've been to CrAwley, Brighton, Palarse, Millwall, WestHam, Reading And Watford and at ALL these grounds the home support has been SHIT.

We are lucky to have the east end as these teams seemingly have no vocal support from anywhere in the stadium.

No, I really don't believe we are too nice! Do you follow City away?

I'll stick to my guns, the atmosphere is shit, of course it would be as the football has been dire for years.

I also thought the Leeds fans were anonymous, really quiet.

I do follow city away, but not as often as I'd like. I do know that the fans that travel, are the more passionate supporters, obviously the the more passionate fans will travel away, but not always. I am referring to our home support after all.

As for anonymous Leeds fans, then you can only have been in the EE.

I haven't gone deaf, I know where noise is coming from, the numerical advantage Leeds fans had over those city fans in the EE

was very evident but they were still louder than the whole of AG today, and I don't mean once we were down the pan.

As usual this has gone into a how good is the EE. I'm talking about the whole club and it's supporters, not just the 800 + that get in the EE. I also agree that the football has been shyte and not inspiring for the fans to get going.

The Leeds fans only produced a good atmosphere once they got the 2nd goal - before that they were pretty pathetic

The atmosphere is shit at AG??? Where have u been this season where the atmosphere HASN'T been shit?

I've been to CrAwley, Brighton, Palarse, Millwall, WestHam, Reading And Watford and at ALL these grounds the home support has been SHIT.

We are lucky to have the east end as these teams seemingly have no vocal support from anywhere in the stadium.

Sometimes I think you could be so engrossed in your own support, that you don't hear the opposition. To really judge, you need to be away from actual chanting. I am not criticising yours or the other efforts of supporters in the EE, but the club as a whole, we are lucky to have those in the EE..

I watched the Palarse Bawdiff match the other night. there was a cracking atmosphere from the palace fans as I remember it.

Thing is most fans who want to create an atmosphere go to the east end, so there get left the odd people dotted around who try to start chants which don't suceed. I sit in the Dolman, don't generally join in as I enjoy watching the football rather than direct my attention into what chant/song to sing next, but will join in with something if it gets going in the Dolman.

wasn't great atmopshere espcially first half but thought had pretty good support from the ateyo(though I do sit in it) from when we went down from 9 men but as others have said our support hasn't been the same since when we got promoted and had the play off season.

Which just goes to show the support only turns up if we are given the right football, yet it's something in our own hands if we'd organise it more but it's just a fact that these days fans won't all go to pubs before the match and make a effort to try and learn new songs.

In a ideal world you'd have a block in each stand all singing and learning the same songs. Some say they go just to watch the game fair enough but I can do both anaylaze the game and cheer them on. But out of the two would rather cheer them on if it gives them more passion and determination to play well.

I didn't hear a sound from the Attyeo or Williams but a couple of COYRs from the Dolman.

I sit in the Dolman and I'm amazed that people don't shout support more, it's the same in the Williams.

One day you'll be a grumpy old fart, but this grumpy old fart shouts and bawls his heart out, as do many around me.

Sorry mate, maybe i worded it wrong, didnt mean to offend anyone! fair play to you, much respect.

You always get a lot of noise from away fans when they are concentrated in one part of the ground. I went to Elland Road last season and they were as quiet as a mouse until Hunt came on, then the place errupted.

It's not just the Dolman, the Williams was silent as was the Atyeo. The Atyeo, for me, ever since it was built has always been surprisingly quiet. I thought it was going to be the new Eastend but it's certainly not that.

If you want to get the crowd going we've got to see goals, or at least a source for goals to get excited about when they get the ball. Another thing the club could do is stop only putting 2 points on the board after the first 10 games. It sets such low expectation and fills everyone with pessimism.

Sat in the Atyeo, the ONLY noise coming out of the East End was coming from the Leeds fans and they were giving it MOT and others long before they scored the first.

The atmosphere at AG can be great but we need to see a bit of football to get it going, the Donny game was good because we actually played some really good stuff but the trouble is that we are all so used to dull, inspiring football where we barely get out of our seats at all in a match in recent years that its hard to break out of the stupor BUT, it doesn't take a lot....

Once DM has built his team next year, things will hopefully be very different....

We only seem to be discussing atmosphere.

I want to discuss and highlight how we as a club make it too easy for visiting teams and officials to walk away with points, after having an easy time.

I want us to get more free kicks, opponents booked for fouling, penalties given to us and generally be more successful, by getting more things to work for us in our favour. Those horrible ba$turds over whorefield shout as one for a penalty, anytime a player goes near the box and they get a fair few because of it, along with players sent off.

Before the Dolman had the seats at the front added, it must have been lovely for opposing players not having home supporters shouting abuse at them, or encouragement to the home players.

At Trumpton, it was a common sight to see opposing players worried about taking a throw in, not at AG.

Agree with this post.

I have read attached posts which say when we go away the home support is crap, this was so at Elland Road last season and at Cardiff the first season at the new stadium.

But, that is irrelevant, this posts remarks on the ATMOSPHERE/SUPPORT at Ashton Gate. Sod Leeds/Cardiif or any other team we play at their grounds, make Ashton Gate BRISTOL CITY PROPERTY/3points. We need passion for our own and accepted animosity towards the opponent! Make it intimidating! WE ARE TOO NICE!!!

Archived