IGNORED

Current Songs And New Songs Thread

redpole

I can fully understand why the OP posted this. The atmosphere at the Gate is dire and not short of embarrassing.

It is one of my many gripes about going to matches these days. And i hate the excuse "its because the team are playing crap football or losing"...RUBBISH !

Years ago when we were in Division 3 there were naff times but there was still singing going on just to entertain youirselves. sadly the mindset of the "Modern day football fan" these days is not the same.

what do we get ? the same rendition of "come on you reds" and it sounds bloody awful, slow and drawn out. be honest would that song inspire you ? Why not a loud constants "COME ON CITY ! COME ON CITY ! over and over,loud and with passion ?

Another cracker was the old way of singing "Red Army" when it was "[managers name] Red and white ARMY !" but done properly when one side of the stand chanted it then the other....

..of course sadly you wont get that now. I liken fans at Ashton Gate similar to Rugby watchers. You only really hear any noise or excitement when there is an attack .

Another problem? Allocation of seating. Admittedly i dont sing that much these days because there arent enough to start it and I certainly cant get anything going because quite often i have a family in front of me and if you shout with annoyance at the ref, even with no swearing attached the kids spin round with shock on their faces..i sit at the back of Dolman B block ffs...that was where some good singing used to be !

In all honesty Im afraid we will never get any good atmos at the gate because Bristolian footy fans are no longer passionate these days if we ever were compared to the likes of Stoke and Portsmouth.

I can fully understand why the OP posted this. The atmosphere at the Gate is dire and not short of embarrassing.

It is one of my many gripes about going to matches these days. And i hate the excuse "its because the team are playing crap football or losing"...RUBBISH !

Years ago when we were in Division 3 there were naff times but there was still singing going on just to entertain youirselves. sadly the mindset of the "Modern day football fan" these days is not the same.

what do we get ? the same rendition of "come on you reds" and it sounds bloody awful, slow and drawn out. be honest would that song inspire you ? Why not a loud constants "COME ON CITY ! COME ON CITY ! over and over,loud and with passion ?

Another cracker was the old way of singing "Red Army" when it was "[managers name] Red and white ARMY !" but done properly when one side of the stand chanted it then the other....

..of course sadly you wont get that now. I liken fans at Ashton Gate similar to Rugby watchers. You only really hear any noise or excitement when there is an attack .

Another problem? Allocation of seating. Admittedly i dont sing that much these days because there arent enough to start it and I certainly cant get anything going because quite often i have a family in front of me and if you shout with annoyance at the ref, even with no swearing attached the kids spin round with shock on their faces..i sit at the back of Dolman B block ffs...that was where some good singing used to be !

In all honesty Im afraid we will never get any good atmos at the gate because Bristolian footy fans are no longer passionate these days if we ever were compared to the likes of Stoke and Portsmouth.

Agree with a lot of what you have said apart from the part about never having a good atmos again! Imagine if the EE is opened up to everyone and anyone for any game! Would be a big start

We're fighting a relegation dogfight, we had two players sent off yesterday, hardly time to start doing the conga. Once we start pulling out of this, the atmosphere will take care of its self. As for goal music, that is totally crass American junk: it may be good enough for cardiff and their plastic bowl, but not ashton gate. when we actually get some goals we'll make our own music.

We're fighting a relegation dogfight, we had two players sent off yesterday, hardly time to start doing the conga. Once we start pulling out of this, the atmosphere will take care of its self. As for goal music, that is totally crass American junk: it may be good enough for cardiff and their plastic bowl, but not ashton gate. when we actually get some goals we'll make our own music.

There should be a atmosphere if you are losing to! You need to be the 12th man and pick up the atmosphere! Just look at man utd yesterday 3-0 down and still out singing Chelsea!! Fergie mentioned them in interview, how they helped the team!

Don't want to think we went down in 11/12 season and the fans didn't back the club when they needed us

Came across an obscure ABBA song the other day, just cant get the tune and lyrics out of my head. The whole crowd belting this tune out would

sure make the hairs on your neck stand up. Great tune after a win or even in defeat, as the team run out prior to KO and half time resumption.

Heres a link about 1min in

What do you think? Be kind only trying to help.

I pretty much shout from beginning to end at matches (not always positive though!!) and you can see some people around who seem to think I'm odd...but isn't that what we are supposed to do at football matches.

I remember when we were promoted to the top flight last time a chant of simply "City, City" went all around the ground...there was real passion in it and it made the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end. More importantly it made Clive Whitehead run just a yard faster and he got to the ball to put the only goal of the game away.

It is not just singing and shouting we need...but more people singing and shouting.

By the way I loved the EE version of Heartbeat on Saturday when some were singing "Yannick Bolaisie" while others were singing the main part about Albert Adomah (although to be honest I have no idea what the lines are after Albert...Albert Adomah...so maybe a songsheet would be good or someone could say on here what the words are). I sit in the Atyeo so can't cvatch the words.

Of course Yannick heading for the tunnel put a "let's hope temporary" stop to that one...

More chants, more creative chants and some fun is needed.

I also think that lately there has been a bit more effort from the staff at Ashton Gate with the playing of Red Red Robin and Drink Up Thy Cider before the games...just join in everyone instead of sitting there looking miserable...you'll be amazed the difference it makes.

Man Utd and Liverpool both have amazing choruses before a game and the West Ham rednition of I';m Forever Blowing Bubbles before a game involves all their fans - even that daft song is intimidating when sung by thousands of East London fans all at once!

By the way I loved the EE version of Heartbeat on Saturday when some were singing "Yannick Bolaisie" while others were singing the main part about Albert Adomah (although to be honest I have no idea what the lines are after Albert...Albert Adomah...so maybe a songsheet would be good or someone could say on here what the words are). I sit in the Atyeo so can't cvatch the words.

Albert,

Albert Adomah Runs

down the wing for me

Yannick Bolasie,

Yannick Bolasie,

Etc etc

Archived