IGNORED

Corners...

!james

Is it just me who cringes everytime we get a corner knowing that:

a) the corner taker will fail to beat the first man

b) some horrible short corner which eventually leads to play breaking down and us losing possession

In modern football it is atrocious that a player cannot even take a corner that fails to beat the first man

When was the last time we scored from a corner? Caulker away at QPR last season?

When we had McCombe in the team we had a threat in the air but since then we have had nothing, corners are key at putting pressure onto the defending team and causing panic in the area and other teams I have seen at the Gate and away show that they can do these effectively and score numerous goals from corners each season...

Do the team actually work and practise these a great deal in training? It doesnt appear like they do when it comes to match days!

Just my two pennies...

Is it just me who cringes everytime we get a corner knowing that:

a) the corner taker will fail to beat the first man

b) some horrible short corner which eventually leads to play breaking down and us losing possession

In modern football it is atrocious that a player cannot even take a corner that fails to beat the first man

When was the last time we scored from a corner? Caulker away at QPR last season?

When we had McCombe in the team we had a threat in the air but since then we have had nothing, corners are key at putting pressure onto the defending team and causing panic in the area and other teams I have seen at the Gate and away show that they can do these effectively and score numerous goals from corners each season...

Do the team actually work and practise these a great deal in training? It doesnt appear like they do when it comes to match days!

Just my two pennies...

Unfortunately I can't disagree with any of that

When was the last time we had a good corner taker? Hartley could whip in a beauty right on the money (6 yard/pen spot) but before that.. Wiltshire?

We've been absolute s**te at corners for as long as I can remember watching City!

Generally our corner kicks and freekicks have been woeful, especially direct freekicks. Can't remember the last decent effort we had at goal, let alone score from a direct kick.

The last goal we scored from a free kick would have been Cisses header against Doncaster just after the Donnie play saw red, but that goal was an exception to the rule.

Cisse scored from a free kick and think could be right with Wood also but yes cringe every time we play a corner. think we played a few short corners just because we got nothing when they are predictably floated in.

But as stated on a few occasions one of the first things Mcinnes said when he got here was we haven't got a set peice taker.

There was a time when we scored about 7 in a row under GJ from set pieces. Apart from Cisse's header, I can't remember any others this season and certainly not any from a corner.

Reasons for this are we don't put the ball in the box everytime or enough good crosses. But also we don't have someone like McCombe who is capable of scoring headers. Wood might be able to but you don't expect any of the others to.

to be fair, in the promtion season, and the play off season lj used to be pretty good- i remember his little dummy run up and the then straight dink that seemed to work, the weasel ect- we had ideas under gj but nowadays we look so poor, a corner should be a chance to score, for us, its a chance that the opposistion usually get!!

Archived