IGNORED

Gb Football Team.

Ashton1

What players would you have in the GB team?

Let's not get involved in the politics, it's been done to death, let's just concentrate on best team available and concider the bit around players age (perhaps someone can explainthe rules) for a starter for ten, I think Beckham, Bale and Keane are no brainers all for different reasons !

Yep but think he is one of the under 21's that could shine ??

The way he's going he won't play for the under 21s any more IMO. Of course there's lots of hype but you'd have to take him to the Euro given the stellar lack of talent in the rest of the squad?

I'd think he'd be in the squad for team GB if he doesn't make the euros though.

The way he's going he won't play for the under 21s any more IMO. Of course there's lots of hype but you'd have to take him to the Euro

given the stellar lack of talent in the rest of the squad?

So what's the deal , can they only be part of the GB squad if they are not playing in their home countries team at the euros ?

I'd think he'd be in the squad for team GB if he doesn't make the euros though.

To be perfectly honest, I don't think there should be football at the Olympics. And the way some managers, associations and even players are treating it, like some sort of side show, I think is pretty disgraceful.

The Olympics should be the pinnacle of sporting achievement, if football and footballers cannot see it that way they should 1. Not be football at the olympics or 2. Only allow teams in that are willing to show the respect to the olympic games that it deserves.

I think they can technically play in both but the clubs wouldn't like it because it would mean little or no break in football over the year. I expect players will do one or the other, not both.

I think the FA said England players going to Euro's won't be in it.

Bale, Ramsey are ones who definately want to play and represent Wales.

I hope Beckham plays, one final competition for him, would be a proud captain and would do the team good.

Only problem is finding players from Northern Ireland who are good, maybe Evans? But I really wouldn't want to waste a Over 23 space on someone poor like e.g. Healy

Rasmey, Bale, Giggs for an over 23? would be nice for him to play a tournament. Imagine Beckham will be an over 23, the keeper slot is needed as I don't believe there is a U23 good enough so what about James? He'd be up for it and is still relitively popular. Players like Caulker will definitly make the squad I reckon as will Oxlade-Chamberin if he doesn't go to the euro's as he may do at this rate ala Walcott at the world cup style.

I really want to go to some of the olympic football in Cardiff, especially the team GB game. With all the Scottish independence stuff, I'm looking forward to a united GB team.

I can see Bale, Ramsey, Giggs, Allen, Taylor and Hennessey from Wales being involved.

Can't really comment on Scotland and Northern Ireland, but presumably Scotland will have more than a couple to contribute.

I believe we have 18 players to pick, so i would go with:

Goalkeepers: Wayne Hennessy, Jack Butland.

Defenders: Nathaniel Clyne, Martin Kelly, Craig Dawson, Steven Caulker, Adam Matthews (Wales), Danny Wilson (Scotland).

Midfield: David Beckham, Ryan Giggs, Gareth Bale(Wales), Aaron Ramsey (Wales), Alex Oxlande-Chamberlain, Jordan Henderson, Josh McEachran.

Forwards: Andy Carroll, Danny Sturridge, Jordan Rhodes (Scotland).

Players in bold are the over 23's we would have included. As you can see, I have midfield bias but a starter for 10 perhaps?

To be perfectly honest, I don't think there should be football at the Olympics. And the way some managers, associations and even players are treating it, like some sort of side show, I think is pretty disgraceful.

The Olympics should be the pinnacle of sporting achievement, if football and footballers cannot

see it that way they should 1. Not be football at the olympics or 2. Only allow teams in that are willing to show the respect to the olympic games that it deserves.

100% agree, footballs pinnacle is the world cup, ask any player what they want to win in their career and I doubt the Olympics would even come in to their thinking.

for me i think they should give most places to championship clubs or fringe players

i think it was said somewhere pearce approached just over 200 players and will narrow it down closer to the time then pick a squad from that!

i think ramsey is a defo with bale!beckham and giggs and owen for overs!although peter whittingham is class!

Archived