IGNORED

Bring A Friend For £10 - Time To Do Your Bit To Increase The Atmosphere...!?!

Bar BS3

With the threads on here currently drumming up ways to increase the atmosphere & swell the numbers at Ashton Gate, This is a great way that people can help the club.

It is a great offer and one that in all honesty, I usually stick straight in my "Junk" email folder - however, this time I have emailed around the offer to everyone that I work with offering them the chance to go and watch the game for £10 each (giving the game a bit of a build up i.e City playing this years Carling cup semi finalists, who beat Man Utd at old trafford blah blah blah, which might catch the eye of the glory boy armchair type.

As I see it, all I need to do is collect names addresses and monies from those that are interested and pop down to get them the tickets in whichever stand they want to sit and hopefully it might add a few more to the gate on what will otherwise be a low crowd (Valentines day etc)

It will not take much effort on my part and is a good way to help do my bit. If several of you can all do the same, then it is a pro-active first step in "doing our bit" to raise the matchday experience factor, that seems to be very topical at the moment.

Not sure if many/any people that I work with will be interested, but it doesn't hurt to give it a try and I urge all, for whom it is viably possible to do so, to do the same and see if we can increase the gate for Tuesday and maybe attract some new fans of the future!

(end of rallying call!)

C.O.Y.R!

With the threads on here currently drumming up ways to increase the atmosphere & swell the numbers at Ashton Gate, This is a great way that people can help the club.

It is a great offer and one that in all honesty, I usually stick straight in my "Junk" email folder - however, this time I have emailed around the offer to everyone that I work with offering them the chance to go and watch the game for £10 each (giving the game a bit of a build up i.e City playing this years Carling cup semi finalists, who beat Man Utd at old trafford blah blah blah, which might catch the eye of the glory boy armchair type.

As I see it, all I need to do is collect names addresses and monies from those that are interested and pop down to get them the tickets in whichever stand they want to sit and hopefully it might add a few more to the gate on what will otherwise be a low crowd (Valentines day etc)

It will not take much effort on my part and is a good way to help do my bit. If several of you can all do the same, then it is a pro-active first step in "doing our bit" to raise the matchday experience factor, that seems to be very topical at the moment.

Not sure if many/any people that I work with will be interested, but it doesn't hurt to give it a try and I urge all, for whom it is viably possible to do so, to do the same and see if we can increase the gate for Tuesday and maybe attract some new fans of the future!

(end of rallying call!)

C.O.Y.R!

agreed could be a good opportunity to make an atmosphere and attract some new faces

(end of rallying call!)

C.O.Y.R!

Great post, no reason why we cant all do the same.

As a season ticket holder I purchased two tickets last week for the Palace game. Do you think the club will refund me the difference?

I'll let you know.

I should think they would, yes.

Despite what some would have you believe on here, the staff in the ticket office are pretty decent and do try to be helpful where they can be.

I should think they would, yes.

Despite what some would have you believe on here, the staff in the ticket office are pretty decent and do try to be helpful where they can be.

I had a phone call within 40 minutes of e-mailing them. A very helpful member of staff refunded me the difference.

I have emailed around the offer to everyone that I work with offering them the chance to go and watch the game for £10 each (giving the game a bit of a build up i.e City playing this years Carling cup semi finalists, who beat Man Utd at old trafford blah blah blah, which might catch the eye of the glory boy armchair type.

I don't see how encouraging "glory boy armchair type" people will boost the atmosphere.

On the plus side this offer extends to the EE and friends do not need to be members. Got a few big voices coming along so far.

It's hard enough to motivate myself to go on a cold damp Tuesday night to no doubt watch a turgid affair with little quality or goal mouth action.

Why would any person wish that on their friends or family ? I'll be there but will not inflict my nonsensical addiction on others.

That's the Spirit! :doh:

Palarse on a Tuesday night. Going to be dull.

Put ur bets on 0-0 now.

Doubt it......Game against Palace have been quite entertaining in the last couple of seasons.....and since when has 0-0 guranteed a dull game - I have seen many cracking 0-0 draws........

Now ..our desperation for points may mean a less entertaining game than we would like but thats the way it is at the moment

Myself....I will be bringing 3 x Customers from Norway who happen to be in town on Tues and the tenner deal is spot on ....they have told me that they are not great football fans as such but are looking forward to the "Cultural experience"..........oh dear...I think I better warn them about our football "Culture"

Doubt it......Game against Palace have been quite entertaining in the last couple of seasons.....and since when has 0-0 guranteed a dull game - I have seen many cracking 0-0 draws........

Now ..our desperation for points may mean a less entertaining game than we would like but thats the way it is at the moment

Myself....I will be bringing 3 x Customers from Norway who happen to be in town on Tues and the tenner deal is spot on ....they have told me that they are not great football fans as such but are looking forward to the "Cultural experience"..........oh dear...I think I better warn them about our football "Culture"

Good man!

It is not about what the game might be like (nobody knows that until the night) it is about introducing new people to the joys(?!) of watching live football - who will hopefully get the bug, like we all did at one point or another, all for the benefit of BCFC and in turn, us, as fellow supporters.

I remember waking up one morning and thinking that I had nothing better to do, so drove upto to watch City away in what to all might have seemed a potentially dull game that many wouldn't bother about. Did anyone else go to Mansfield...?!!

Does anyone know if the ST Holder has to phone up themselves to purchase the tickets or can the 'friend' phone up quoting the ST Holders ST number and address?

Cheers

i think you as the ST holder need to phone up - i have the number if you need it PM me - :)

Archived