IGNORED

Are We Paying Spence's Wages?

Port Said Red

I have to ask because it seems really strange that we have him here on loan and yet he can only get in the squad for the stiffs cup match tonight. I wonder if he isn't wanted why he didn't go back to WHAM in Jan and as part of the deal for he who shall not be named.

Anyone got any insights here?

His loan is for the season - so I guess we are obliged to keep him until then and yes, of course we will be committed to paying his wages for that period.

I know there are rumours about a training ground incident, as to the reason that he has effectively vanished, but it is a shame. I was thrilled when we got him back, after a pretty impressive spell here last season. It can't be good for anyone, club or player, to be stuck in the situation that is currently the case.

A real waste of what could/should have been a great signing.

I really don't know why he has been so bad since he came back here. He looked decent enough last season.

To be fair to him, he has only played for us a time when the whole squad was playing incredibly poorly. Still think he can be a useful player for us personally but I don't think Del shares the same sentiments.

Back end of last season he wasn't far from caulker standard in some games.... He can't have gone downhill that rapidly?

If its disciplinary then why would he even be asked to turn out for the reserves?

It's a mystery and I can't help thinking there's more to it than meets the eye. West Ham seem fine with it despite the fact he only signed a new contract in the summer.

Maybe tonight is his opportunity from Del to fight for a place back into the squad...

I know it's not what you want to hear but things like the whole Nicky Hunt saga and a player (Spence) who (like has been said above) gave a good account of himself last year, can't even make the bench.

Players getting frozen out annoys me - for the last few seasons it seems our management has been blighted by inheritance...

Maybe tonight is his opportunity from Del to fight for a place back into the squad...

I know it's not what you want to hear but things like the whole Nicky Hunt saga and a player (Spence) who (like has been said above) gave a good account of himself last year, can't even make the bench.

Players getting frozen out annoys me - for the last few seasons it seems our management has been blighted by inheritance...

It's the sort of thing you just can't do here in the real world but in football anything goes!!!! We do seem to have frozen out or dis card a lot of players over the past few years.... Often to eventually replace them with similar or even inferior players. As an example Foster seems a decent enough player but no better than Spence looked last season meaning one or the other is a waste of the club's money.

To be fair to him, he has only played for us a time when the whole squad was playing incredibly poorly. Still think he can be a useful player for us personally but I don't think Del shares the same sentiments.

I agree, Spence obviously has ability as he made the RB position his own...he played poorly in one game I recall was dropped and we havent seen him since...We must remember however Del has a new room and he wants to decorate it with what he likes and knows..

Im sure Spence will get the opportunity to fight for the RB place and show that he is worthy of it. Perhaps if he changed his name to McSpence! :laugh:

The plain truth is that McInnes has signed Foster, who can play LB but really is a RB and he hasn't once included Spence in his match day squad.

I don't expect that will change now and he'll spend the rest of the season in the stands before going back to West Ham.

we are paying his wages plus a loan fee believed to be around 250k. a phenomena that seems to have appeard from nowhere in recent yrs.

not to mention agent fee and relocation fee payable to the player himself.

all in, probably not far off 10k a week hes cost us.

My longstanding issue with the management of this club. Why, at board level, is this sort of thing allowed. McInnes brought in a right back for a fee at a time when we had: 5 (hunt Skuse Edwards ribiero spence). Why is this allowed? It doesn't happen where I work, I bet Tescos, McDonalds and I dare say Hargreaves Lansdown don't recruit in this way.

Ronald McDonald: "you're a useless burger flipper, I'm getting me a replacement!"

Burger Flipper: "am I sacked???"

Ronald McD "no just hang around the place and keep out of sight of the punters. I'll tell them all that you're working hard and I don't have a problem with you"

Repeat for burger flippers number 2,3,4 and 5.....

Just think of the quality of RB we could have had for the "investment" made in these 6 so far this season.... I'm guessing he'd be a middle to top end prem player!!!

It's bonkers, raving mad I tell you!!!!!!!

My longstanding issue with the management of this club. Why, at board level, is this sort of thing allowed. McInnes brought in a right back for a fee at a time when we had: 5 (hunt Skuse Edwards ribiero spence). Why is this allowed? It doesn't happen where I work, I bet Tescos, McDonalds and I dare say Hargreaves Lansdown don't recruit in this way.

Ronald McDonald: "you're a useless burger flipper, I'm getting me a replacement!"

Burger Flipper: "am I sacked???"

Ronald McD "no just hang around the place and keep out of sight of the punters. I'll tell them all that you're working hard and I don't have a problem with you"

Repeat for burger flippers number 2,3,4 and 5.....

Just think of the quality of RB we could have had for the "investment" made in these 6 so far this season.... I'm guessing he'd be a middle to top end prem player!!!

It's bonkers, raving mad I tell you!!!!!!!

:laugh:

... and when you put it like that - you're right, just think who we could have brought! :facepalm:

just read the other lewis carey scored tonight in the wotsit doodah cup.

more interesting though,bolasie and wilson played too from saturdays team.

would they find it humiliating in that squad? bolasie scored in normal time too

Probably to keep their fitness levels up during their suspension.

just read the other lewis carey scored tonight in the wotsit doodah cup.

more interesting though,bolasie and wilson played too from saturdays team.

would they find it humiliating in that squad? bolasie scored in normal time too

I find it hard to believe how our reserve teams seem to struggle in these matches. If you look at the squad there are a few Championship players in there and they had to go to penalties to beat Cirencester.

I know. Madness. Its a result of 4 managers in quick succession. Given a bit of stability and direction, i expect the ambition of quality not quantity will come to fruition.

It's the result of 4 managers but more the fault of poor management at board level. Yes, you can buy player Y, just as soon as you sell player X.

The manager's job is about selling aswell as buying players and getting the best out of what is already there.

All we've done for years now is add more and more similar standard players to the squad whilst not using the academy and freezing out player after player.

If I look at the list of right back the most disappointing thing is that they're all much the same standard (the same would apply if we looked at forwards who have come and gone - possibly even worse).

Archived