IGNORED

Forza Atyeo Surely?

screech

Forget about trying to make the EE completely open to all, the best thing to hope for is they drop the membership and make it the same set of rules as the rest of the ground.i.e you can buy tickets for that end whenever you like, once there gone there gone. The other part of the revolution must be that they make Williams F block unreserved again.

Now if you want a revolution, it has to be scarves, Flags, streamers, air horns etc etc stuffed in the Atyeo, make this end the focus of the revolution, the EE is sorted the Atyeo is as lively and loud as a Tortoise in hibernation. This is the home end at AG but nobody loves it, why isn't this the focus, why not use this opportunity from the club to kit it out, have your own merchandise, your own unreserved section, your own megaphones, your own songs, your own murals in tribute to the mans name on your stand. Your concentrating your efforts on the wrong end, make the Atyeo the stand the fans want to flock to.

Trouble is don;t matter how high the volume of voice in the Atyeo, the sound just floats away, totally crap acoustic design.

Now in the EE, with the low roof it the volume of voice reverberates, in effect boosting the volume.

That's why if you sit in the Dolman near half-way, the Atyeo sounds weak and the EE full of noise. Return the EE to home fans and boost atmosphere at a stroke - simples.

Forget about trying to make the EE completely open to all, the best thing to hope for is they drop the membership and make it the same set of rules as the rest of the ground.i.e you can buy tickets for that end whenever you like, once there gone there gone. The other part of the revolution must be that they make Williams F block unreserved again.

Now if you want a revolution, it has to be scarves, Flags, streamers, air horns etc etc stuffed in the Atyeo, make this end the focus of the revolution, the EE is sorted the Atyeo is as lively and loud as a Tortoise in hibernation. This is the home end at AG but nobody loves it, why isn't this the focus, why not use this opportunity from the club to kit it out, have your own merchandise, your own unreserved section, your own megaphones, your own songs, your own murals in tribute to the mans name on your stand. Your concentrating your efforts on the wrong end, make the Atyeo the stand the fans want to flock to.

The original idea has evolved in to an East end based topic. The origonal post was to try and improve the atmosphere for ashton gate as a whole! The reason it has turned into an eastend thread is because most felt the restriction on that stand was part of the problem.

The reason this all started was not to try and improve the eastend but the matchday atmos as a whole.

You need to ask the question why all the fans who used to sing in the Atyeo decided to move to the East End.

They move because they wanted to sing, they moved because you can generate a better atmosphere in the East End.

I know the club will come out with the old "when everyone is in full voice the Atyeo is great etc...", but you're not going to get everyone in full voice unless it's a very special occasion. In the meantime we're just stuck with crappy acoustics.

Just a reminder to all that FORZA REVOLUTION was created to improve the atmosphere around the whole of ashton gate.

The idea is not intended to alienate anyone but bring everyone together! If the East end have advice or tips on how to improve other stands then put them forward as you have already done a superb job! Everybody in the EE moans that the other stands don't sing or make an effort so let's give them some help getting the FORZA REVOLUTION started!

The club has been on a low in recent times due to managerial changes and the loss in the playoffs. We need to lift things again and bring life back to AG. If everyone can get involved then great! For me there would be nothing better than all four stands really starting to get behind the team!

Atleast awareness has now been raised and potentially everybody including the club will start to get behind the team! Lets be honest, it's better than another maynard or hunt thread eh!

FORZA REVOLUTION

Simple solutions.

1. Allocate away fans into the Atyeo. Sell a minimal amount to home fans in the very same stand just as EE is now.

2. Make the EE a home end. Pay on the day or season ticket but you can sit anywhere ! turn up at a decent time then you get the choice seats. Perfect for those who want to congregate together and make a noise.

3. Allocate areas for families in the Williams or Dolman at the same rate as if they were going into the Atyeo. That way children dont have to be around singing/chanting. even with no swearing a group of blokes shouting at the top of their voices cant be nice for a child at the age of 3-5 !!

in a nutshell if you just want to sit there and not get involved then think of the greater good and go sit in the williams or Dolman.

No doubt people will argue the toss but then thats tough. We need to get Ashton gate sounding like a football ground again. We the fans and Bristol CIty as a club NEED an area to create an atmosphere and the East end is the place for it !

Simple solutions.

1. Allocate away fans into the Atyeo. Sell a minimal amount to home fans in the very same stand just as EE is now.

2. Make the EE a home end. Pay on the day or season ticket but you can sit anywhere ! turn up at a decent time then you get the choice seats. Perfect for those who want to congregate together and make a noise.

3. Allocate areas for families in the Williams or Dolman at the same rate as if they were going into the Atyeo. That way children dont have to be around singing/chanting. even with no swearing a group of blokes shouting at the top of their voices cant be nice for a child at the age of 3-5 !!

in a nutshell if you just want to sit there and not get involved then think of the greater good and go sit in the williams or Dolman.

No doubt people will argue the toss but then thats tough. We need to get Ashton gate sounding like a football ground again. We the fans and Bristol CIty as a club NEED an area to create an atmosphere and the East end is the place for it !

I should i move out of a stand I've sat in since 96

I should i move out of a stand I've sat in since 96

For the greater good !

And are you telling me youd enjoy it less in another stand ?

If the new stadium gets built youd have to move out then

and if youre against it with your example well i was forced out of the stand i went in for 16 years !

Just think about it...how loud do you think it would be if the East End was packed with home fans singing ? Can you imagine what it would be like for our players to play in front of ? We'd definately be the 12th man and opposing clubs would'nt relish coming to Ashton Gate.

Even the small section of the EE used to be pretty immense but it seems to have gotten a lot quieter for some reason.

Maybe that's the football on offer or people diluting it by going in for cheap tickets.

Full stand all singing would be rather grand!

this is turning out to be a catch 22. I miss the east end and think it should be the home end I also think that it might bring some fans back that have given up in recent years. But where do you relocate all the Leeds fans on Saturday for instance, we can't expect the atyeo loyal to relocate, even if it would improve the atmosphere, there must be a middle ground that the different sections of fans and the club can agree on.

In the meantime, restrictions should be lifted and the east end opened as much as possible to home fans on match days and the rest of the ground should put their cases forward by singing their blooming hearts out, we all know how it influences the players.

Start with a rendition of 'Oh when the reds go marching in', nice and slow!

An old fart writes:

Air horns? Please anything but ****ing air horns or vuvuzelas or indeed big drums or musical instruments of any description. Megaphones? Did somebody actually say megaphones?

Couldn't we just have loud vocal encouragememt, songs, chants, humorous banter, no daft membership restrictions, minimal separation between fans, sensible stewarding, reasonable pricing and safe standing without all this other pony?

Problem with the Ateyo is that any unreserved singing section will be targeted by the stewards and people will be forced to sit down etc. this will detract from the feeling of that group trying to get behind the team. The EE is different because it is essentially a terrace and the whole stand stands because of that and the fact the seats have no backs and most are broke anyway.

I do agree with what you're saying though, the EE should just be like any other part of the ground and that leave the rest to us. The Ateyo needs some work on it but I feel any efforts will be quashed.

It has been suggested that the £10 per ticket vs palace may be related to everyone on the forum making there feelings known?!

My personal feelings are that the purple and green scarf is a great idea but should represent the Forza Revolution (Bringing atmos back to AG)

As many from the EE have suggested it is important to keep all parties happy! From the Eastend to the Ateyo!

Therefore, how about a proposal of putting all our efforts into the other three stands! Quite a challenge I know, but if it works then it will go down in BCFC history! It seems there are some really keen people who do not sit in the EE so why not use this thread to discuss and potentially get something organised? The club are keen to help it seems, so why nt show the East end how much passion is around the ground? Everyone up for it?

FORZA REVOLUTION

Archived