IGNORED

Tommy Doherty Joins Bcfc

Tins

Simon Clist or Joe Burnell in midfield? both careers have gone downhill since leaving us as well as the Doc.

There isn't many players whose careers have gone uphill after.

We have arguably the best players we've ever had at the moment, so to improve we are getting in better players, therefore players like Doc aren't good enough and getting older, and their careers will decline.

There isn't many players whose careers have gone uphill after.

We have arguably the best players we've ever had at the moment, so to improve we are getting in better players, therefore players like Doc aren't good enough and getting older, and their careers will decline.

Best players we've ever had? I disagree. We have a couple of very good players at this level, the rest are very average and hopefully a fair few of them will be on the move in the summer.

Best players we've ever had? I disagree. We have a couple of very good players at this level, the rest are very average and hopefully a fair few of them will be on the move in the summer.

I did say arguably.

My point is most of our players can walk into the team we had in league 1.

IMO Doc back in the day is nowhere near as good as Cisse is now.

I did say arguably.

My point is most of our players can walk into the team we had in league 1.

IMO Doc back in the day is nowhere near as good as Cisse is now.

Completely different players, but both blowing chunks at about the 70 minute mark.

A Tommy D completely commited not smoking, not drinking would be easily good enough for us now if not higher in his prime, as his few appearence for NI proved where he dominated the game.

Shame he wasn't professional enough, great passer, very combative, often got the game and crowed started with whole hearted aggression. If the guy had even a tiny bit of pace he would have been awsome.

Unfortunately Tommy never really had any drive or inclination to better himself, he would more often than not do it on the pitch but his lifestyle of itf held him back.

Such a shame.

Completely different players, but both blowing chunks at about the 70 minute mark.

A Tommy D completely commited not smoking, not drinking would be easily good enough for us now if not higher in his prime, as his few appearence for NI proved where he dominated the game.

Shame he wasn't professional enough, great passer, very combative, often got the game and crowed started with whole hearted aggression. If the guy had even a tiny bit of pace he would have been awsome.

Unfortunately Tommy never really had any drive or inclination to better himself, he would more often than not do it on the pitch but his lifestyle of itf held him back.

Such a shame.

Agree with this TRL. It is such a shame at only 32 he is playing at that level. Had he been more professional I have no doubt that Doherty would still be playing at this level with us now, and like you say, possibly higher. I have very fond memories of him and on his day was absolutely class.

I don't think you can really compare him and cisse both different.

Agree with this TRL. It is such a shame at only 32 he is playing at that level. Had he been more professional I have no doubt that Doherty would still be playing at this level with us now, and like you say, possibly higher. I have very fond memories of him and on his day was absolutely class.

I don't think you can really compare him and cisse both different.

A fully fit professional Doc and cisse in the same midfield, both lasting 90 minutes would be good, of course only playing 5 in midfield. Cisse Doc Tinman in a midfield 3 feeding 2 good wingers would have been nice to see

A fully fit professional Doc and cisse in the same midfield, both lasting 90 minutes would be good, of course only playing 5 in midfield. Cisse Doc Tinman in a midfield 3 feeding 2 good wingers would have been nice to see

Now that's a midfield 3! I miss seeing Doc crashing round with his crunching tackles and breaking up play! Really is such a shame he didn't look after himself as well as he should have.

Archived