IGNORED

Young Midfield Starlets - Never Seem To Be On Our Radar...?

Ricardo 'Livi' Red

Is it because a relegation dog fight won't benefit Premier League starlets...?

Or is it that Del isn't concerned by the quality of our midfield service..?

Players like Joan Angel Roman from Man City to Palace, and the guy Parrett at Yeovil...?

Perhaps it's experience that will keep us up, but it seems that many of the current squad just don't seem to have the fight..?

It looks like Dobbie is off to Boro and that Scotland will head West... IMHO it should be Dobbie heading across the bridge..

Just a few thoughts on a balmy Scottish morning... Sat on patio with a haggis fry up

Del says again in the paper today that he is after defenders. We certainly need a centre half and have done for years (apart from the brief period Caulker was here). However he has nothing to say about the chronic lack of goals so is presumably happy with his midfield and forward options. Can you imagine the stick Millen would have got for 2 goals in 8 games?

We're now back to where we were before McInnes arrived. We had a honeymoon period but have dropped back and Del missed his first opportunity to show what he's all about in the January window.

I think we're sliding towards relegation unless we win two or three games very soon.

I wanted us to and still wish we had gone for a truly experienced manager.

It's not the right time but if we keep losing I believe the board will see us as one more honeymoon period from safety....

Unfortunately never got to see Chaulker.. But hear he was class..?

Agree Millen would have been taking a lot of flack..

Personally I think Del boy knows he has inherited a crock of shite.. And that's down to previous management..

He is setting out to be tight at the back and do what he can with what he's got and believing we can survive..

All seemed to be good until recent poor run...

It will be tight but we WILL survive and then the clear out begins..

We're now back to where we were before McInnes arrived. We had a honeymoon period but have dropped back and Del missed his first opportunity to show what he's all about in the January window.

I think we're sliding towards relegation unless we win two or three games very soon.

I wanted us to and still wish we had gone for a truly experienced manager.

It's not the right time but if we keep losing I believe the board will see us as one more honeymoon period from safety....

Be careful what you wish for..

An experienced out of work manager is out of work for a reason...

In Del I believe we have someone who will take us places like Lambert etc have.

Keep the faith

Unfortunately never got to see Chaulker.. But hear he was class..?

Agree Millen would have been taking a lot of flack..

Personally I think Del boy knows he has inherited a crock of shite.. And that's down to previous management..

He is setting out to be tight at the back and do what he can with what he's got and believing we can survive..

All seemed to be good until recent poor run...

It will be tight but we WILL survive and then the clear out begins..

He's setting out to make us tight at the back..... And is failing.

He wants to bring in a centre half or two.... And failed to do so in January.

McInnes plays a defensively minded style which is fine when it work but failing defensive football is about as demoralising as the game gets.

All of that is a pop at Del.... But here's the real dig I think the reality is that he and Millen before him haven't had the backing they should have from a board that at the start of this season were still talking about promotion (hillarious isn't it).

We fans are being sold a lie. If the board came out with the truth that we are downsizing and avoiding relegation is and was the BEST we could hope for it would be easier to understand and would have made Keith and Del's job a lot easier.

The we always look to support the manager line is tired and no longer acceptable.... The £250k and rejects from clubs at our level are not enough to stand still let alone progress.

One thing that concerns me is comments like the ones in this article http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~2604795,00.html

I wasn't at the game so I can't be completely sure but listening to the commentary and going on what the reporter at the ground from Sky said, it didn't ever sound like we were competitive and there was only ever one team going to score. Other than the defensive mistakes, he comes across as happy enough with the performance failing to recognize our complete lack of a threat as an attacking force - which has been the case for a while now.

We have failed to score in 8 of our last 12, that for me is just as concerning as the goals we are leaking yet all he talks about is defenders.

As bangers mentioned, he has been extremely impressive since taking over and the improvement is there for all to see but IMO there are obvious problems that he doesn't seem to be interested in addressing.

I could be wrong of course and he may go out and sign an attacking midfielder next week.........

McInnes plays a defensively minded style which is fine when it work but failing defensive football is about as demoralising as the game gets.

All of that is a pop at Del.... But here's the real dig I think the reality is that he and Millen before him haven't had the backing they should have from a board that at the start of this season were still talking about promotion (hillarious isn't it).

We fans are being sold a lie. If the board came out with the truth that we are downsizing and avoiding relegation is and was the BEST we could hope for it would be easier to understand and would have made Keith and Del's job a lot easier.

The we always look to support the manager line is tired and no longer acceptable.... The £250k and rejects from clubs at our level are not enough to stand still let alone progress.

I bet that since we arrived in the Championship we have paid more transfer fees and signed more players than the a lot of clubs in this division that are above us in the table. The fact is that we have dealt very poorly in the transfer market over the last 2 or 3 years and it has cost us dearly. We can't go on like that.

There is the rub I believe. I have said before that we lack a strategy but I contradicted myself since I have also said before pretty much what you say here. Had the club been honest and explained the rationale in the light of the impending financial rules I believe the majority of fans would have understood. What irritates fans is the mismatch between the rhetoric and the reality.

Did anybody believe we were going for promotion having appointed Millen? Maynard certainly didn't. He was appointed to manage decline but it was supposed to be a smooth process; not something a rookie could be exoected to manage. What's more we swung overnight from a gung ho appointment of a big name manager and going for it to retrenchment with the Chairman's pet.

Steve could not be so successful in business with such haphazard strategic planningf and inept appointments. Football makes even the cleverest people irrational it seems.

I think there have been a few digs at the board or SL about only pitching in for 250k rejects. That's a bit unfair if you look at the players who have come in - Clarkson (800k), Pitman (800k), Stead - fee plus top championship wages, James probably still lower premier league wages, Kilkenny (top championship wages), Wood (will be on very good wages), extending Fontaine's contract (will have had to have paid something approaching Southampton's offer and top championship wages). SL (unless insurance covered it) will have had to have covered the wages of that season long loan striker we had who played about ten mins before injury - would have cost around 1m. We offered Maynard at least top championship - probably more - wages to stay.

I don't think given the losses SL would take too kindly to say he and the board are not backing the Club. It looks to me as if the club would be just below a play-off place if all clubs expenditure matched their league position. It's possible to do a Cardiff and spend even more of a fortune but it doesn't guarantee promotion as they know. I think it's fairer to say that the spending has been medium to high but hasn't been very well targeted although keeping Fontaine and Pitman's signing was good business.

We've really needed a couple of youngsters coming through to be first team talents and a few more Albert Adomah type signings and resources would have been better spent on that much needed elusive goal-scoring creative midfielder.

I think we will stay up then there will be resources to bring in some talent and it wont be a case of overly tight purse strings if we don't contend for the play-offs - it will be more a case of how well the budget is used and managements eye for undiscovered or up and coming talent.

Del says again in the paper today that he is after defenders. We certainly need a centre half and have done for years (apart from the brief period Caulker was here). However he has nothing to say about the chronic lack of goals so is presumably happy with his midfield and forward options. Can you imagine the stick Millen would have got for 2 goals in 8 games?

Big 6.4 Gary Kenneth at Dundee United.Would be a great free for you in the summer.He had a good game yesterday,when they beat Deaks old team 5 1.As for you midfield,Paul McGowen at St Mirren is creative.And at the right age,to make a impact down there.And is the link man between midfield and attack.And they also have a good young kid called Kenny McLean.Who Wolves and Burnley were sniffing around.He is a box to box goal scoring type,who can use both feet.And even play off one striker up front.And there is still a chance off Murray Davidson off St Johnstone.Who I would let sit in,and play the holding role.As he has all the atributes needed to play there.He is big strong,good in the air.He can win the ball and tackle.And can also get round the park,got a good engine and decent teqnical abilty.If you got those guys in.It would be money well spent.

Archived