IGNORED

Any Rangers Players?

Murraysrightplum

It's tragic what is happening at Ibrox and the vulture mentality that seems to build when a club is in trouble.

I remember Hollowhead's gas team sniffing round Pompey to try and get some undeserved bargains when they were in trouble the first time.

Having said all that, as a pure hypocrite I'd take Alan McGregor and Naismith from the Gers in a heartbeat, if only to help them out!

Football is a business like it or not. Rangers have been very badly run by the sounds of it and as such (may) have to sell off their assets (same as any other company). I recognise the hypocrisy given that our losses are covered by a wealthy owner, however we wouldn't have spent that money were it not for him and thus it is his responsibility to manage the club well enough to put us in a position of being self sufficient. Clearly SL is trying to do this with the new stadium...

It's tragic what is happening at Ibrox and the vulture mentality that seems to build when a club is in trouble.

I remember Hollowhead's gas team sniffing round Pompey to try and get some undeserved bargains when they were in trouble the first time.

Having said all that, as a pure hypocrite I'd take Alan McGregor and Naismith from the Gers in a heartbeat, if only to help them out!

Tragic it may be, but the fact of the matter is that not only did Rangers spend most of the 1990's blowing transfer fees and wages on players they couldn't really afford, they then spent much of the 2000's attempting to cheat the exchequer out of millions in taxes. I can't really figure out why Rangers's weren't pressured into selling more of their players in the tranfer window? They've been in trouble for a couple of years and while they got £7 million for Jelavic (though I doubt that was all up front), I would think players such as McGregor, Whittaker, Naismith would have raised in excess of that figure again. In fact weren't a French club sniffing around that Edu and they refused to sell? If they could have raised £15 million in a fire sale and said to HMRC "here's a down payment, we'll get you the rest as soon as we can", they probably could have avoided administration. As it is now, it seems a very long way back for Rangers

Archived