IGNORED

Di Canio

Will Rollason

Not sure about his politics but this is so bolshy and arrogant its brilliant!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17046580

" we will win the league anyway" :D

love it, now that is confidence that will spread to the team. I like the way this guy manages the team and the standard of the football.

He maybe an unsavory character, but he knows how to instill confidence in both team and fans

I hate Swindon and wish nothing but bad on them. Horrible club, horrible town, horrible fans. And Di Canio, whilst doing a great job there, is a first class right wing nutcase.

I admire his confidence, but I sincerely hope it all goes tits up for them. Having grown up around Swindon fans all my life, I have a special resentment for that club that not many City fans will share. :protest:

I hate Swindon and wish nothing but bad on them. Horrible club, horrible town, horrible fans. And Di Canio, whilst doing a great job there, is a first class right wing nutcase.

I admire his confidence, but I sincerely hope it all goes tits up for them. Having grown up around Swindon fans all my life, I have a special resentment for that club that not many City fans will share. :protest:

I wonder how you felt when they beat us 1-0 in the carling cup at AG.

I wonder how you felt when they beat us 1-0 in the carling cup at AG.

Haha not great mate! Now I live in London these things aren't quite as painful but I still dislike that club so bitterly. I grew up in Gloucestershire so was the only City fan in my school, surrounding by Swindon and plastic Prem fans. It wasn't much fun, but I have always been proud of my team and took a lot of shit over the years, with no City mates around me to back me up. They get under my skin as much as the Gas - their fans are deluded, fickle idiots - you meet a Swindon fan and the majority of them support Swindon AND Man U. Says it all about the mentality. I know one or two genuine ones who I have respect for, but otherwise, can't stand them!

Haha not great mate! Now I live in London these things aren't quite as painful but I still dislike that club so bitterly. I grew up in Gloucestershire so was the only City fan in my school, surrounding by Swindon and plastic Prem fans. It wasn't much fun, but I have always been proud of my team and took a lot of shit over the years, with no City mates around me to back me up. They get under my skin as much as the Gas - their fans are deluded, fickle idiots - you meet a Swindon fan and the majority of them support Swindon AND Man U. Says it all about the mentality. I know one or two genuine ones who I have respect for, but otherwise, can't stand them!

Funny you say that as I live in Swindle now. Completely true as-well, although, when they got relegated last season, they all turned Man Utd fans :P

Funny you say that as I live in Swindle now. Completely true as-well, although, when they got relegated last season, they all turned Man Utd fans :P

Bunch of turncoats that lot. Trouble is with Swindon as a town is that it lacks heritage, character and identity. It's no wonder people in the South-West only 'identify' with them when they're doing well, then slink off to supporting Man U when they're struggling.

Exactly the same for me...my school in Stroud in the 80s had loads of Swindle, it was great when they got demoted though...!! So i know exactly what you mean. Think they will go up though.

I have lived in Swindon for about a year (and in Chippenham for about 12 years before that). It seems to me that most of the die hard Swindon fans live outside Swindon. Yeah sure you seen Man U tops in Swindon, but you see them everywhere. I was surprised at the amount of Tottenham fans though. I stopped being surprised when I recognised that a fair portion of Swindons population is London overspill and the sons/daughters of those that were offered "a nice little place in the country".

Thing is they will win the league, love Di-canio's style! everything he says he backs it up..

I hope they do win the league and a bigger club comes in and takes Dicanio. He has a good work ethic that will benefit any club he manages. He installs a confidence throughout the players and fans that gives the team that extra man

He is a legend already and a legend in the making at the football club, being from Swindon myself I can assure you that most of the die hards do come from Swindon but granted we get great support from outside aswell. Me personally cannot understand why someone can support more than one club, at a young age it was Swindon and that's it, always has always will be!

Paolo has certainly galvanised the squad and we are looking good for promotion, looking at some of the points I genuinely believe he will stay for another season at least, he loves the club and is not motivated by money, he showed that when he turned down Man ure when at West Ham.

Archived