IGNORED

Scunny Fans Taking To Ribs

always hoping

Good spot 'always hoping'. Ribeiro is a quality player, it will be really disheartening if he doesn't make it with us. S****horpe are at home Tuesday night, maybe McInnes should take a trip up there and have a look at him.

Hope so. His fitness has been his only problem.

It would be great if he returned to AG having proved his fitness with a real run of games and his confidence sky high because he's easily good enough for this team ability wise.

Hope so. His fitness has been his only problem.

It would be great if he returned to AG having proved his fitness with a real run of games and his confidence sky high because he's easily good enough for this team ability wise.

Agree 100%, he is a bit naive defensively but that will come with games and experience but going forward he can be excellent, something we haven't got from our fullbacks in a long time.

Agree 100%, he is a bit naive defensively but that will come with games and experience but going forward he can be excellent, something we haven't got from our fullbacks in a long time.

I always worried about his defensive skills too but apparently :

the best right back we've had for a LONG time. His

defensive positioning is one of a Premier League full back, he marked their left winger out of the game pretty much, they were forced to cut inside over and over

I'd be very tempted to bring Ribs back and play him on the right and give Albert a rest and use him as an impact player when the opposition are tiring. Ribs offers a lot going forward, can deliver a decent cross and go past players and, whilst I don't see his defensive ability as his best quality, he would certainly make us stronger played in front of Foster or Carey when fit. He could even be played at in a midfield five with a 3-5-3 with McAllister on the left who has excelled whenever he has been played there. I'd like to see a line-up of :-

Carey, McManus, Fontaine

Ribeiro Elliot Kilkenny Cisse McAlister

Pitman Wood

Subs Reid, Adomah, Foster, Pearson, Wilson

I'd be very tempted to bring Ribs back and play him on the right and give Albert a rest and use him as an impact player when the opposition are tiring. Ribs offers a lot going forward, can deliver a decent cross and go past players and, whilst I don't see his defensive ability as his best quality, he would certainly make us stronger played in front of Foster or Carey when fit. He could even be played at in a midfield five with a 3-5-3 with McAllister on the left who has excelled whenever he has been played there. I'd like to see a line-up of :-

Carey, McManus, Fontaine

Pitman Wood

Mcallister a Wing back?????? Now THAT is funny. He ain't got the legs to be a full back - let alone get forward too!

Not to mention that fact he is a very poor player

Edit: just realised Albert on the bench?? You do realise we need to pick up points??

Carey, McManus, Fontaine

Pitman Wood

Thank god your not manager.. Riberio instead of Adomah..

Carey, McManus, Fontaine

Pitman Wood

3-5-3 ... that's cheating !!!!!!

Good spot 'always hoping'. Ribeiro is a quality player, it will be really disheartening if he doesn't make it with us. S****horpe are at home Tuesday night, maybe McInnes should take a trip up there and have a look at him.

Do you not think that McInnes would be better served watching Blackpool play and figuring out how to stop them scoring 5 against us again?

Mcallister a Wing back?????? Now THAT is funny. He ain't got the legs to be a full back - let alone get forward too!

Not to mention that fact he is a very poor player

Edit: just realised Albert on the bench?? You do realise we need to pick up points??

Agreed, if we put Albert on the bench our goals and winning streak might dry up ... seriously, he's a gifted and exciting player but I just think 3-5-2 fits our squad and don't forget the winning streak Millen had over the last 11 or so games of the season playing 3-5-2 with some man of the match performances from Ribs. Ribs is as classy as Albert in my view and it's a really flexible line-up which accommodates Pitman and Kilkenny but still allows for the necessary 'enforcers' in Marv and Cisse. It can easily revert to a 4-4-2 with Albert coming on for one of the wing-backs.

We had the tightest defence around in the play-off year with McAllister, Carey and Fontaine all playing their part. They are all leaders as well and committed to City. Are we saying McCoombe was the key factor in that impressive record? I know age is a factor but what age were Arsenal's back four when they had the best defence around? A bit older I think.

I think it would be the best line-up in the current situation with the main weakness being the likes of the Carey and Ribs are injury prone - shame really as Carey does make a big difference and not just from his playing contribution. Some signs of hope though with Ribs playing a run of games.

in a 3-5-2 Foster or Pearson could play left wing-back as well if McAllister has lost his legs. The current set-up isn't working and I really don't favour bringing in loans - Doncaster have the pick and they have hardly set the league alight. Bringing in too many new faces with no real commitment to the Club rarely works.

Do you not think that McInnes would be better served watching Blackpool play and figuring out how to stop them scoring 5 against us again?

Maybe as the S****horpe game kicks off earlier he could watch the first half there and then get in his helicopter for the the quick trip across the country for the second half of the Blackpool game.

Would be in our back four if he wasn't injury prone. Easily the best full back at the club. I'd have McAllister back at left back for the simple reason than Foster isn't strong enough to be full back and McGivern isn't quick enough or good enough.

What and macca is??

Archived