IGNORED

Our Next 5 Games.....!

bangers

Blackpool (H)

Ipswich (A)

Leicester (H)

Cardiff (H)

Portsmouth (A)

All these games look incredibly tricky, especially the first 4, with the run we have been on I can easily see us picking up 0 points from the next available 12!!!!

Looking at the runings, I have to say we, by far, seem to have the toughest run in, especially with Birmingham (A) and WestHam (H) to come.

Thoughts???

Blackpool (H)

Ipswich (A)

Leicester (H)

Cardiff (H)

Portsmouth (A)

All these games look incredibly tricky, especially the first 4, with the run we have been on I can easily see us picking up 0 points from the next available 12!!!!

Looking at the runings, I have to say we, by far, seem to have the toughest run in, especially with Birmingham (A) and WestHam (H) to come.

Thoughts???

We're F----d!

Maybe going down wont be such a bad thing.....enable us to re-group, and get rid of both the dead and crap new wood in the club.

Go down, re-shape the club top to bottom.....maybe we'll come back better for it.

I would rather watch 11 blokes who want to play for us playing in league 1 than the cretens that currently don the shirt. They make me sick with their pathetic capitulations.

Maybe going down wont be such a bad thing.....enable us to re-group, and get rid of both the dead and crap new wood in the club.

Go down, re-shape the club top to bottom.....maybe we'll come back better for it.

I would rather watch 11 blokes who want to play for us playing in league 1 than the cretens that currently don the shirt. They make me sick with their pathetic capitulations.

Bigger and better clubs have gone down into League 1 and some are still there!

Exactly this !!!

Rather not take that chance . . .

not a chance, lat time we were down for 8 years, the time before that i think it was 7 or 8 years as well

we need to make absolute sure we stay where we are - not good and no gaurantees - forget the ground, forget a lot of things !

Blackpool (H)

Ipswich (A)

Leicester (H)

Cardiff (H)

Portsmouth (A)

Thoughts???

It's a tough looking 5 games, that's for sure. I posted the following a few weeks ago following defeat at Brighton, and I wanted to bring it up again to hopefully settle some nerves :

"Over the past 7 seasons, the average points total required for survival is 47. 46 with a superior goal difference will also do the trick. There are some struggling teams down there with us. Cov, Donny, Forest, Millwall, Ipswich, Watford. It's 3 of 7 to go down for me, and we're very much in the pot.

We've currently amassed 27 points from 26 games. There are 20 games to go, so the same points to games ratio should see us safe! I feel as though 20 more points should do it. So where are these points going to come from?

Remaining Home games : Donny, Leeds, Palace, Blackpool, Leicester, Cardiff, Watford, Derby, Cov, West Ham, Barnsley.

Remaining Away games : Reading, Hull, Peterborough, Ipswich, Portsmouth, Middlesbrough, Forest, Brum, Burnley.

I've highlighted those teams in the mix with us.

We MUST get homes wins v Donny, Watford & Cov. That's see us nearly half way to our required total.

A home win v Barnsley will help massively too. That's 12 points. 8 more to go. Where will they come from?

I can't see us picking up much away from home. The 2 other teams in the scrap with us, Ipswich & Forest - we never ever win away at these places.

I can't see anything coming from Reading, Hull, Middlesbrough or Brum. Can we scrap a point or two from trips to Peterborough, Portsmouth & Burnley?

At home, I also can't see us beating Leeds, Cardiff or West Ham.

So for me, it going to come down to having to get points out of the Palace, Blackpool, Leicester & Derby. If we manage to pick up a couple of draws away, 2 wins from these other 4 home games will see us safe I feel.

I personally feel it could come down to the final 2 games. Home v Barnsley and away at Burnley. We might very well need a point up north on the last day to survive?

The home form is going to be absolutely paramount for the rest of the year. And it is vital we beat those around us at our house."

So - I just wanted to mention this, as I do feel we are still on course for survival. After Brighton, I felt we needed another 20 points.

I expected 3 at home v Donny and then nothing from Reading away, Leeds home or Hull away. I felt we needed to get at least something from Palace at home (preferably 3 points, but a draw at least got us another point on the board).

I also didn't think we'd get anything at Peterborough.

So, 6 games further down the line, I feel we still need 16 points for survival.

I honestly can't see us getting much (if anything) away from home the rest of the season. We never get anything at Ipswich. I can't see us getting anything at Courtsmouth (a battling point will be brilliant). We won't get anything at Middlesbrough or Birmingham. We never ever win at Forest.

It is absolutely imperative that we win our home games against Watford, Coventry and Barnsley. That leaves us just 7 more points to stay up.

Our remaining 5 homes games v Blackpool, Leicester, Cardiff, Derby & West Ham must yield us the 7 points, or we could see ourselves fighting for survival away at Burnley on Apr 28th.

We can hopefully overcome Derby, which leaves us hoping to get something from Blackpool or Leicester as I don't think we'll get anything from Cardiff or West Ham.

So - all I'm saying is that there is still hope. I know we've been stuffed away a few times recently, but we must must must rely on our home form for the remainder of the season.

Under McInnes the home form has been good. Not counting Birmingham, we've Played 8, Won 4, Drawn 2, Lost 2. The 2 defeats being very unfortunately v Middlesbrough and with 9 men v Leeds. We have 8 home games left. 5 wins and a draw will see us fine, so things are not as dour as we may be feeling right now.

Make sure Ashton Gate is fully behind the team and the Manager for these remaining home games. It's gonna be a hard few weeks, but we must continue to show support and not get at the players or Manager. It is still do-able. Home form is key and we may still be able to afford 2 more home defeats, so even if we don't beat Blackpool this week, don't lose heart. It's still very much in our court.

Archived