IGNORED

Maynard At West Ham

Tins

Fair play to him for scoring tonight, but on the BBC website it said they failed in bids to sign 2 other strikers.... TORRES AND TEVEZ!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17115819

My favourite line is this: Gold added that despite missing out on Torres and Tevez, he was happy with the club's transfer business, especially the capture of Maynard

So anyone prefer Maynard over Torres or Tevez? Hardly similar quality!

Why is this thread even running? It's not Bristol City related. Maynard has gone (Thank god he has aswell) for heavens sake get over it & move on all of you.

Probably because it's in a Football Chat forum, not a Bristol City Chat forum...?

Putting Maynard aside for one moment though, that was one hell of an effort from Wham last night to win 4-1 away from home, especially when you consider they played the last 35 minutes with 10 men and a midfielder in goal after Green was sent with the scores at 2-1.

Why is this thread even running? It's not Bristol City related. Maynard has gone (Thank god he has aswell) for heavens sake get over it & move on all of you.

This is a football chat forum, he is an ex player so it is related.

I just found it funny how he is in the same sentence as Torres and Tevez.

Makes me laugh how people are glad he is gone, was EASILY our best Forward in the last 3 years i'd have him over Wood,Pitman and Stead every time !

He's a very good striker no doubt - but this season, for one reason or another, he was'nt. He was poor.

I am glad he's gone - the saga distracted him and the club. It was better for all parties that he went.

He'll thrive at west ham I'm sure - he'll want to impress and they'll make loads of chances for him - something that did not happen here.

Fair play to him for scoring tonight, but on the BBC website it said they failed in bids to sign 2 other strikers.... TORRES AND TEVEZ!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17115819

My favourite line is this: Gold added that despite missing out on Torres and Tevez, he was happy with the club's transfer business, especially the capture of Maynard

So anyone prefer Maynard over Torres or Tevez? Hardly similar quality!

Maynard is surely in a much better for then Torres:) but still, West Ham trying to sign to those two just sounded ridiculous. On the other hand, Maynard is a reasonable and good target :)

I haven't actually seen the result, but assume from the write up in the "press talk" section of the OS that West Ham won 5-1...?

Very impressive if so, bearing in mind Henri Lansbury was in goal for most of the 2nd half after Wham went down to 10 men!

I haven't actually seen the result, but assume from the write up in the "press talk" section of the OS that West Ham won 5-1...?

Very impressive if so, bearing in mind Henri Lansbury was in goal for most of the 2nd half after Wham went down to 10 men!

4-1.

And they played 2 up front all game, by the looks.

Goes to show how poor our midfield and/or defence are, that we can't play 2 up top, with 11 men!

Archived