IGNORED

Lost Faith

newarkred

All these people saying "the manager isn't to blame", and "wait til he has his own side" etc. Oh come on! We haven't been here before have we? Of course he's partly to blame. Not entirely, of course, but just as much as the players.

McInnes (sorry, can't be doing with the whole "Del" thing) managerial history is one club around the size of Cheltenham Town in the worst top flight league in world football, where his only remit was to stay up. Take out Celtic and Rangers (soon to be just Celtic) and he was not under any real pressure, or certainly not the pressure he now finds himself in the world's fourth best supported league at a club getting 5X the crowd he was getting at St Johnstone, with the expecations of a city on his shoulders (bar half a dozen gas), at a club that will suffer catastrophic financial consequences if relegated, and that's without even taking the new stadium into account.

I think the writing is on the wall. Not only will we be relegated, but we'll finish bottom of the league. If McInnes can turn this around I'll hold my hands up and give him the credit he'll deserve, but to me he looks and sounds like a rabbit in the headlights.

I'm not saying sack him either. It's too late for that now. We've made the cliche'd mistake yet again. This time it will cost us. We are over the threshold and god knows when we'll be back this side of it

What I also meant to add is I'm sure he'll make a very good manager under the right circumstances. Chucking him in the deep end of this pool of shit and expecting him to float was baffling. Well, I say baffling, but given historical examples of Millen and Tinnion, and a bit further back - Benny, I shouldn't be remotely surprised.

All these people saying "the manager isn't to blame", and "wait til he has his own side" etc. Oh come on! We haven't been here before have we? Of course he's partly to blame. Not entirely, of course, but just as much as the players.

McInnes (sorry, can't be doing with the whole "Del" thing) managerial history is one club around the size of Cheltenham Town in the worst top flight league in world football, where his only remit was to stay up. Take out Celtic and Rangers (soon to be just Celtic) and he was not under any real pressure, or certainly not the pressure he now finds himself in the world's fourth best supported league at a club getting 5X the crowd he was getting at St Johnstone, with the expecations of a city on his shoulders (bar half a dozen gas), at a club that will suffer catastrophic financial consequences if relegated, and that's without even taking the new stadium into account.

I think the writing is on the wall. Not only will we be relegated, but we'll finish bottom of the league. If McInnes can turn this around I'll hold my hands up and give him the credit he'll deserve, but to me he looks and sounds like a rabbit in the headlights.

I'm not saying sack him either. It's too late for that now. We've made the cliche'd mistake yet again. This time it will cost us. We are over the threshold and god knows when we'll be back this side of it

yeah certain people after the 3-0 capitulation at peterborough were saying cant believe you lot having a dig at mcinnes, get real, he is now firmly in firing line, it would be awful if we got relegated, but i am now resigned to thinking this is our destiny, but to not lay any blame at the manager is totally naive, and frankly uneducated....

we cant sack him but i have to agree rabbit in headlights is an appropriate description at the moment,

Brizzle jordan seems to think mcinnes has these players motivated and ready to give 100% to the cause, what do you think??

yeah certain people after the 3-0 capitulation at peterborough were saying cant believe you lot having a dig at mcinnes, get real, he is now firmly in firing line, it would be awful if we got relegated, but i am now resigned to thinking this is our destiny, but to not lay any blame at the manager is totally naive, and frankly uneducated....

we cant sack him but i have to agree rabbit in headlights is an appropriate description at the moment,

Brizzle jordan seems to think mcinnes has these players motivated and ready to give 100% to the cause, what do you think??

Clearly not. I also think there are too many people called Jordan on this forum.

He's been championing McInnes since before he even got the job. He's first to praise him and first to leap to his defence. It's only the fact he posted in here when McInnes was on the radio that made me finally convinced he isn't actually McInnes himself :icecream:

I don't blame him for sticking to his guns. I just hope he's right. I fear he isn't.

Grow up and support you team through thick and fin

I don't need to grow up thanks. I do support the team through thick and thin. I travel hundreds of miles most weeks and spend hundreds of pounds a year supporting the club that I love. I have just lost all faith that we will stay in this division this season and expect us to be relegated. But I will still travel and spend the money supporting the team and club

Big risk bringing him to the job instead of Jones, i say this because he knows the league and I'm sure loan signings he would of have more contacts than McInnes but like i have said previous we our still above the drop zone and we were bottom when he came in, but last few games to me it seems he is running out of ideas.

I don't need to grow up thanks. I do support the team through thick and thin. I travel hundreds of miles most weeks and spend hundreds of pounds a year supporting the club that I love. I have just lost all faith that we will stay in this division this season and expect us to be relegated. But I will still travel and spend the money supporting the team and club

Sorry fellow Red, stupid comment.

Big risk bringing him to the job instead of Jones, i say this because he knows the league and I'm sure loan signings he would of have more contacts than McInnes but like i have said previous we our still above the drop zone and we were bottom when he came in, but last few games to me it seems he is running out of ideas.

yep have to agree with all of this post

That was shocking we were looking good then all of sudden just gave up, the absolute minium is you keep going for 90 mins pissed right off.

Can someone tell me how the **** Wood missed that header.

The fact is he should have headed the ball downwards, from that range not many keepers would have saved. He didn't he headed it straight at the keeper Easy Save.

Gone back to watching local amateur football.They pay subs,wash their own kit and always give 100%.I've actually started enjoying football again.Quite a few of the lads I go with were former ST holders and they said they've had enough. The way things are going at the Gate I think a lot more people will do the same unless there is a massive turnaround in the coming months.

Gone back to watching local amateur football.They pay subs,wash their own kit and always give 100%.I've actually started enjoying football again.Quite a few of the lads I go with were former ST holders and they said they've had enough. The way things are going at the Gate I think a lot more people will do the same unless there is a massive turnaround in the coming months.

yep have to agree mate, gonna relinquish my season ticket next season and go back to watching my old team Glenside FC, reckon i will have much better time on a saturday afternoon

Archived