IGNORED

Serial Bottlers?

Maesknoll Red

• Admin

I couldn't make it today (not that I was that disappointed) but heard the first Blackpool goal on the radio, dodgy decision and a deflection. Instead of digging in and showing some spirit to right the wrong, once again they capitulate - unless anyone who was there can tell me otherwise.

We've usually heard whispers of the early bird season ticket by now, I can't see me renewing mine next season and thats after 20 years of having one, the football on display just doesn't make it worth the effort to take holidays or get my shifts covered to go to matches. I can't see further than us having anything but third division football next season.

Perhaps this lot could look for the spirit of the kids and journeymen who took us off the bottom of the fourth 30ish years ago, as they don't seem to have any of their own.

After today it proved WHEN City are relegated it won't be because they're not talented enough (should have won 3-0) it'll be because they gave up when things went wrong.

I will say again, where is the incentive when you make a very good living out of failure? After all you can destroy a bank and even an economy and walk away with millions. Why should football be any different? The entire squad will sleep peacefully tonight, counting their money rather than sheep I suspect. Those of us who fund their lifestyles are the mugs, none more so than poor (not literally of course) old Steve who has to watch these parasites make hay with his money with a sinking heart. If ever an owner was entitled to go into the dressing room and tear into the players it is him. Pity he is so nice.

Can anyone who was there today........give a quick run down as objectively as possible?.........as to who played well/badly........how was Davies.....how was Wood etc I was unable to get to the match today, and would be grateful for a viewpoint. Thanks.

Davies was good done the simple things well, always looking for the ball.

Should have been 3 up before they scored, wood but a good chance wide (couldn't see it clearly was in the EE) and then fired a free header straight at the keeper. There free kick was a typical modern day player jumping to the floor.

After that we panicked looked out of sorts and capitulated! Poor defending for both there goals especially the third when crainey was able to put in the free cross due to spence being out of position.

Don't think anyone played perticularly bad in actual fact I think we played well and were clearly the better team up until they scored. We defended like headless chickens, panicked and were pulled out of position left right and centre after that.

I will say again, where is the incentive when you make a very good living out of failure? After all you can destroy a bank and even an economy and walk away with millions. Why should football be any different? The entire squad will sleep peacefully tonight, counting their money rather than sheep I suspect. Those of us who fund their lifestyles are the mugs, none more so than poor (not literally of course) old Steve who has to watch these parasites make hay with his money with a sinking heart. If ever an owner was entitled to go into the dressing room and tear into the players it is him. Pity he is so nice.

Perhaps it is coming to the time when all supporters say enough is enough and vote with their feet for a couple of home matches. If these players came out to a sparse crowd as it used to be in the old reserve matches at AG, they would realize that supporters will not put up with lack of effort and that anything will do ATTITUDE as I get paid well AND COULDN'T CARE LESS!!!!!!

Time for action!!!!!!

Should have been 3 up before they scored, wood but a good chance wide (couldn't see it clearly was in the EE) and then fired a free header straight at the keeper. There free kick was a typical modern day player jumping to the floor.

After that we panicked looked out of sorts and capitulated! Poor defending for both there goals especially the third when crainey was able to put in the free cross due to spence being out of position.

Don't think anyone played perticularly bad in actual fact I think we played well and were clearly the better team up until they scored. We defended like headless chickens, panicked and were pulled out of position left right and centre after that.

Cc

Pretty certain it was 1-1 when Wood missed the header .

Can anyone who was there today........give a quick run down as objectively as possible?.........as to who played well/badly........how was Davies.....how was Wood etc I was unable to get to the match today, and would be grateful for a viewpoint. Thanks.

Davies looked accomplished in the first half- gritty + determined. We need him to get fit and loan extended for the rest of the season

Foster pushed up well and offered some great deliveries into the box. Defensively he has still to prove himself though.

Stead was class. Gave 200% and has to be our 1st choice moving forward. MOM

Kilkenny- blamed others and shirked challenges. Total bottler. His head went after their equalizer. His negativity can easily rub off on others. Cretin

James- made one point blank save. Second goal he should of done better. His kicking from the floor was shocking. Didn't reach opponents half. IMO he is now passed it and it's time to look at other options.

Woods was played on the left. Didn't have a bad 1st half. Blazed over a first half sitter that was given offside anyway. He should of put away a clear header chance from 6 yards at 1-1 in the second.

Once they scored it was worrying to see how the confidence drained instantly. With such a tuff run of fixtures this really doesn't bode well for our relegation fight ahead.

Having listened to DM on the radio after the match I am also now concerned he has got very little belief in the group of players at his disposal.

Grim

James had nothing to do first half, little to do second till he lost a cross in the air for their second, kicking throughout was dreadful. Spence was back and as useless as before, Carey tried to command a back four with very little confidence, played well imho, Fonts the most over rated player at the club does what he does week in week out, lump the ball aimlessly forward, fail to close anyone down and fail to attack the first ball. Foster ok better than McGivern, but thats not hard.

Davis showed a little class in team devoid of any. Pearson worked hard, little creativity but at least he looked like he wanted to be out there. Killa misplaced passes galore, shirks responsiblity.

Wood missed 3 good chances (one was offside but still he blazed over from 8 yards out) reminds me of Steve Brooker, poor first touch but seems to find himself in decent areas. Albert awful first half, marginally better second needs to play further forward on the full backs shoulder. Stead mom 100% took his goal really well had 1 cleared off the line, worked his b*llock off.

Archived