IGNORED

Sports Psychologist......

BCAGFC

If we are winning, and we concede a single goal, we collapse and it's absolutely pathetic. In fact it's not only when we're winning, whenever a goal is scored against us, we collapse.

That is down to mental strength and passion, hardly any of our players have much of both of those vital attributes.

BCAGFC

Why would we need such a thing ?

Why would any organisation need it ?

Its bollocks.

Total bollocks.

Well since we have been without one, our players seem to be completely bereft of any kind of mental strength/passion.

Mental strength can be taught, passion is down to the individual.

We need to find any little advantage to get us out of this mess.

BCAGFC

he is still at the club though isnt he signed a two year contract beggining of season,might have let him go but if im nt mistaken isnt he the black bloke the hands out drinks etc during the games

That's Kunle, he's our sports scientist and came in as part of Coppell's regime.. As has been mentioned, the brain is a complex organ and sports psychology is a big field. Players can develop a whole range of issues that would affect match day performance that was not manifested in training. The 'it's bollocks' statement couldn't be more inaccurate.

Why would we need such a thing ?

Why would any organisation need it ?

Its bollocks.

Total bollocks.

Having worked and seen some very good sports psychologists doing their thing I am quite sure that it is far from the 'bullocks' that the poster... oh yes cynic... beleives.

Speak to anyone who has worked with a good sports psychologist and they will tell you it works.

You can train people to think more positively, you can train people to be more resilient and I am currently training my students in College to cope with the symptoms of cognitive anxiety (metnal worry) better.

Does not replace the 'born winner' theory but does enhance athletic coping skils be the athlete a born winner or a born loser!

Don't agree to be honest! With some players, yeah maybe but it will not make any difference to the players who are not good enough!

We really are clutching at straws now with some of the theories that are bounded around on here.

Having a sports psychologist in this day and age is usually pretty standard at clubs these days, but I don't for one minute believe it will change our fortunes as a club!

Don't agree to be honest! With some players, yeah maybe but it will not make any difference to the players who are not good enough!

We really are clutching at straws now with some of the theories that are bounded around on here.

Having a sports psychologist in this day and age is usually pretty standard at clubs these days, but I don't for one minute believe it will change our fortunes as a club!

If we don't have one, getting one in now will be to late anyway. You can't change the mindset of all that quickly.

If we have got one, I'm not sure his techniques are working.

The visible head dropping when we concede is awful, it hands the opposition a huge morale boost straight away. I don't know why they do it, its shocking.

If we don't have one, getting one in now will be to late anyway. You can't change the mindset of all that quickly.

If we have got one, I'm not sure his techniques are working.

The visible head dropping when we concede is awful, it hands the opposition a huge morale boost straight away. I don't know why they do it, its shocking.

Spot on TRL when we concede the players drop there heads and look at each other, not one player shouting, screaming come on we can still win this game, James doesn't help with just the shaking of the head he should be shouting these words.

Archived