IGNORED

Jon Stead

foghornred

:city: As the manager does not want to play more than one up front I think that the only candidate is our number 9 JON STEAD.

He ran his heart out today and scored our goal to boot,although he would like to have someone beside him (Pitman ?)he played the loan forward roll better than anyone else has done this season.

I do hope that McInnes does not have a jerk reaction and changes it again next week as I'm sure that Stead would love to start next week against his former club Ipswich.

he came here to further his career but so far it has stalled,lets hope that he can secure that number 9 starting place.

:city: As the manager does not want to play more than one up front I think that the only candidate is our number 9 JON STEAD.

He ran his heart out today and scored our goal to boot,although he would like to have someone beside him (Pitman ?)he played the loan forward roll better than anyone else has done this season.

I do hope that McInnes does not have a jerk reaction and changes it again next week as I'm sure that Stead would love to start next week against his former club Ipswich.

he came here to further his career but so far it has stalled,lets hope that he can secure that number 9 starting place.

with pitman alongside, not woods. :photo:

Strange how we can watch the same game and come to different conclusions I thought Wood looked a real class act even though he was stuck on the wing. Rather have him up top than Stead

I see where you've made your mistake.... Stead was number 9 and Wood was number 39! ;)

Thought Stead was easily our man of the match today. Never stopped running and caused them no end of problems all game. Must start for me

Stead was our best player today, however Wood also had a good game for me and I was supprised to see him go off, it seemed a knee jerk sub from McInnes to bring Pitman on when they scored but I thought we should have stayed as we were. We were on top at that point and their goal came from a lucky free kick in that it shouldn't have been given and also, I assume it was a deflection? sat in the dolman pretty in line with where it was taken. Next game pretty much the same team for me, but give Wood more licence to be for flexible with where he goes on the pitch. Foster gets forward enough himself to mean that Wood shouldn't have to be rooted to the LW.

with pitman alongside, not woods. :photo:

It's seems strange the despite Mr McInnes saying that Pitman was the best finisher at the club, after his brace against Palace, he seldom gives Pitman a starting role in a two man attack.

That said, I think Stead and Wood linked well and were a handful all game.

On another day, we could've/would've scored a couple more and secured three points.

In my opinion, Stead and Wood deserve to start at Ipswich on Saturday.

But I do have sympathy for Pitman

Strange how we can watch the same game and come to different conclusions I thought Wood looked a real class act even though he was stuck on the wing. Rather have him up top than Stead

Yes, a real class act until he was in front of goal.

If he would have taken the 2 gilt edged chances he had today we would have won that game.

Yes, a real class act until he was in front of goal.

If he would have taken the 2 gilt edged chances he had today we would have won that game.

Chances which I think Pitman would've buried.

But to get back to the OP's point, Stead was a worthy MOTM. For the first time this season we saw a return of the Steady of last season. The one positive to take from the day.

Archived