IGNORED

If We Go Down

Wardie

IF only IF we go down who from the squad do you think we will keep hold of. Looking at our squad list I cant see it being many......

GK

Gerken

Carey

DF

Fonts

Nyatanga

Wilson

Foster

MF

Elliott

Skuse

Reid

Bryan

Bolasie

JCR

Holloway

FW

Stead

Pitman

So in total 15 from the current bunch. What are other peoples thoughts? I would like to add I dont think we are going down just yet, but been thinking about it just in case disaster does happen! COYR

I can't stick the bloke and he has no interest and clearly doesn't give a sh*t about the position were in

Could not be more true. Absolutely spot on here with this mate, he clearly doesn't care, and is one of many that clearly do not care about the club and are in it for the money.

Why people still think he can offer us something really is beyond me.

Could not be more true. Absolutely spot on here with this mate, he clearly doesn't care, and is one of many that clearly do not care about the club and are in it for the money.

Why people still think he can offer us something really is beyond me.

Let's face it you could count the ones who do care on the fingers of one hand.

Sadly that's true. You can tell from most of their performances most of them are not bothered either way.

Around the end of the season we often say that they are already on the beach. Recently it seems like many of them are already in another club's team. It's hard to be proud and care when it isn't mutual.

You will probably find of the keep list elliott and fontain probably have relegation release clauses. Prob 500k apiece.

The other question is whether the players under contract have a clause specifying that their wages are reduced if we get relegated. The fact that they are not exactly fighting for their lives suggests probably not. £10k a week in Division 3 perhaps?

Around the end of the season we often say that they are already on the beach. Recently it seems like many of them are already in another club's team. It's hard to be proud and care when it isn't mutual.

Just another reminder of why we should never let it get to this again, I wouldn't mind being in a relegation scrap if we had things to cling on to. For example playing an attacking brand of football, home and away, investing in youth a lot more and at least seeing some being given more of a chance (providing we have youngsters good enough). Whilst know one would wants to be involved in a relegation battle, at least under different circumstances it would be a bit more understanding.

This has been coming for far too long, starting with quick fix loan signings of journeymen, to actually signing these journeymen, or even worse signing players that are never going to improve us and take us to the next level. Woolford for instance.

Just another reminder of why we should never let it get to this again, I wouldn't mind being in a relegation scrap if we had things to cling on to. For example playing an attacking brand of football, home and away, investing in youth a lot more and at least seeing some being given more of a chance (providing we have youngsters good enough). Whilst know one would wants to be involved in a relegation battle, at least under different circumstances it would be a bit more understanding.

This has been coming for far too long, starting with quick fix loan signings of journeymen, to actually signing these journeymen, or even worse signing players that are never going to improve us and take us to the next level. Woolford for instance.

The worst thing is, Lansdown said after we got promoted we had learnt from the last time, and wouldnt make the same mistakes.

Well....we have, and were going to pay for it it looks like. After last seasons debacle, I didn't think it could be any worse

Fontaine, Albert, Wilson will play Prem football i think we should keep these three.

Really? I dont think any of them will. Fontaine is a good championship defender, nothing more. Wilson is still fairly young but he's old enough to have earnt himself a place in the starting 11 week in week out. Albert is a great player at this level but he has too many areas of his game that aren't good enough for the premier league in my opinion.

Fontaine, Albert, Wilson will play Prem football i think we should keep these three.

Blinkered view I think my friend. Albert has the potential to play at the top level, but potential is nothing if you don't reach it. Wilson will not ever play Premier League football IMO. Be very surprised if he made it. As for Fonts, I rate him but I think many believe him to be better than what he is. A decent servant for us, and a steady championship centre half but no more I'm afraid.

Unfortunately the 'if' on current form is actually going to be 'when'.

Sumhow we need to find 2 or 3 wins on the trot to dig ourselves out. Unfortunately we may well need it just to catch up looking at the month of march fixtures.

Then we hav forest and cov. We dont tend to pull out the results when we really need them do we.

I really hope we can find approx 15 points from somewhere though although we hav 31 after 33 games so thats almost half of our seasons total in less than half the games.

We really dont need League 1 obscurity again.

The other question is whether the players under contract have a clause specifying that their wages are reduced if we get relegated. The fact that they are not exactly fighting for their lives suggests probably not. £10k a week in Division 3 perhaps?

I should hope so, it should be standard practice.

Did they all not get hefty rises on promotion?

I'd be very disappointed to lose Pitman. We've only seen a glimpse of what he can do. He's the type of player that we'd look at in another team and think 'why did we ever let him go!'.

Absolutely right.

I've no doubt Pitman would score 20 in a full Championship season.

If we get relegated he'd be our key to getting back up, and in a reasonably successful City team would be League 1's top scorer.

He'd be our latter day Bob Taylor, vital he stays.

Archived