IGNORED

Have To Say..

Lew-T

But I would love to be a Cardiff fan right now!( even though I hate them) two great cup runs, and winning in the final at the moment, play off places every season, new stadium, rich owners, good manager. Then you look over the bridge and see us in freefall! Just gutting to see really..

But I would love to be a Cardiff fan right now!( even though I hate them) two great cup runs, and winning in the final at the moment, play off places every season, new stadium, rich owners, good manager. Then you look over the bridge and see us in freefall! Just gutting to see really..

The thing is though their owners have nothing like the worth of SL they just seem more prepared to spend it, and unlike previous Cardiff owners they want to spend it wisely.

They have a good youth system, they bring on their young players, and they actually seem to have a scouting system, they are picking up players that should be more than on our radar from the south west.

But instead we don't bother with scouts, don't pick up players from the lower leagues doing well, we should have been in for the likes of Le Fondre, the midfielder who is tearing it up at cheltenham, marlon pack is it? The striker at Swindon who is banging them in (can't remember his name) but instead we have chosen to spend more money on journeymen, instead of young hungry players from the lower leagues.

The whole club is a bloody shambles from top to bottom, and has been for years.

What is SL worth? Wherever I have looked it comes up around £300m.

One of the best things Sam Hammam left us with was an academy and it's great to see some of the lads go on and get games for the club. What happened to that Ribeiro, is he ever likely to go and be a decent player?

What is SL worth? Wherever I have looked it comes up around £300m.

One of the best things Sam Hammam left us with was an academy and it's great to see some of the lads go on and get games for the club. What happened to that Ribeiro, is he ever likely to go and be a decent player?

On paper 700m last time I looked. Could be wrong.

Ribs is made of glass, although has recently got a good run of games on loan. Has problems in his own head dealing with injury by all accounts.

Good player, not sure he will be a good player here though.

The thing is though their owners have nothing like the worth of SL they just seem more prepared to spend it, and unlike previous Cardiff owners they want to spend it wisely.

They have a good youth system, they bring on their young players, and they actually seem to have a scouting system, they are picking up players that should be more than on our radar from the south west.

But instead we don't bother with scouts, don't pick up players from the lower leagues doing well, we should have been in for the likes of Le Fondre, the midfielder who is tearing it up at cheltenham, marlon pack is it? The striker at Swindon who is banging them in (can't remember his name) but instead we have chosen to spend more money on journeymen, instead of young hungry players from the lower leagues.

The whole club is a bloody shambles from top to bottom, and has been for years.

I agree with your lower league point to an extent but look at the signings of Adomah, Maynard, Pitman who have been big successes and recently we signed Bolasie and Taylor - both fit that "young and hungry" signings mantra. I totally agree however with regard to scouting - needs to improve big time.

Ribs is made of glass, although has recently got a good run of games on loan. Has problems in his own head dealing with injury by all accounts.

Tan has about £800m so quite similar then, the fact that SL is a fan of your club though has to be good. Tan and TG though have been a breathe of fresh air, done very well in setting up further academy facilities here and in Malaysia under our name. Glad they are thinking for the future as opposed to all or nothing like past regimes.

Shame with Ribeiro, remember chatting to a few of your fans a couple of years or so ago and he was thought as someone who could become a good Championship player at least.

Tan has about £800m so quite similar then, the fact that SL is a fan of your club though has to be good. Tan and TG though have been a breathe of fresh air, done very well in setting up further academy facilities here and in Malaysia under our name. Glad they are thinking for the future as opposed to all or nothing like past regimes.

Shame with Ribeiro, remember chatting to a few of your fans a couple of years or so ago and he was thought as someone who could become a good Championship player at least.

Ah, he's worth more than i thought tbh, thought he was only around the 300 mil mark. But without knowing the ins and outs of cardiff, it doesn't look like he's gone mental a splurged masses of cash like leicester, it seems to have been wisley spent on a mix of expirenced top level championship players and young players from the lower leagues.

Yes we have signed a few young players from the lower leagues, of which off the top of my head the majority have worked out well. My issue is that for every one of these players we have signed we have signed 3/4 Pearsons, Clarksons et al, that is and has proven to be largely a bloody expensive waste of money, we could have brought in plenty of players who have moved on from the lower leagues into this division for peanuts compared to what we have spent on journey men.

We seem to have our recruitment strategy all wrong for a long while now, we piss away huge amounts of money on signing below average championship players, when a better policy would should be to spend a lot less on getting good players from the lower leagues, and then be able to pay out a lot more on a few top championship players.

In Jan we should have been looking at Marlon Pack from cheltnham, he's tearing league 2 apart, he's not going to cost a bomb so wont stretch our finances as much as signing Pearson, then realising that we still need another midfielder and desperately scraping about and getting Davies for a month, just like we should have been looking at Le Fondre long before Reading got him, Sam Vokes was on the radar of a lot of city fans for years before Wolves took a punt on him, we barely seemed to notice his existance.

Has had a good season so far in fact...excellent at Carlisle and consistantly good for S****horpe...quite the best player on the pitch against Walsall recently some of the balls he was delivering to the forwards were on a plate..even beckham couldnt have delivered them better. yes he has had his injuries but it was Millen who tarred him with Phsycological brush and its so very far from the truth.

Ah, he's worth more than i thought tbh, thought he was only around the 300 mil mark. But without knowing the ins and outs of cardiff, it doesn't look like he's gone mental a splurged masses of cash like leicester, it seems to have been wisley spent on a mix of expirenced top level championship players and young players from the lower leagues.

Yes we have signed a few young players from the lower leagues, of which off the top of my head the majority have worked out well. My issue is that for every one of these players we have signed we have signed 3/4 Pearsons, Clarksons et al, that is and has proven to be largely a bloody expensive waste of money, we could have brought in plenty of players who have moved on from the lower leagues into this division for peanuts compared to what we have spent on journey men.

We seem to have our recruitment strategy all wrong for a long while now, we piss away huge amounts of money on signing below average championship players, when a better policy would should be to spend a lot less on getting good players from the lower leagues, and then be able to pay out a lot more on a few top championship players.

In Jan we should have been looking at Marlon Pack from cheltnham, he's tearing league 2 apart, he's not going to cost a bomb so wont stretch our finances as much as signing Pearson, then realising that we still need another midfielder and desperately scraping about and getting Davies for a month, just like we should have been looking at Le Fondre long before Reading got him, Sam Vokes was on the radar of a lot of city fans for years before Wolves took a punt on him, we barely seemed to notice his existance.

Good shout, Ive seen young players at Swindon this season and Cheltenham who would be great signings for City, Young Billy Bodin for one.. gonna be a great player. problem is having someone at the wheel of the ship who they respect, and can motivate them. When I watched last week DiCanio was on the pitch at the Half time whistle firing into the players has they walked off.. the transformation in the second half was just bloody amazing.

No it has been refreshing to see them take a more forward thinking view, improving facilities, sorting out debts and genuinely trying to improve revenue streams. We have also signed a good few younger players this season, most of which have had an excellent impact including a couple of the academy lads getting games. At the moment much prefer this to the last few years of packing the team with older players on huge wages.

Don't really understand the Leicester situation, everywhere I look their Thai owner is worth about £115m, doesn't seem enough for the amount they have spent, maybe they have some hidden benefactor or something. Hasn't really worked for them thus far mind.

Interestingly Malky has come in and basically completely changed the scouting network and recruitment side, I read somewhere we didn't have a proper recruitment department and most of our scouts had never even met Dave Jones, some of them had never met the head scout.

I think at our level a lot of luck is needed in buying players, we can't go and compete with the top teams to bring in the best young talent, identifying younger players at lower levels good enough for the Championship is hit and miss, just have to hope a few at least make the grade. Liked that Adomah guy you got, he still progressing well?

Archived