IGNORED

What Is The Problem,players Or Manager

bcfc1982

a lot of fans are saying the players are shite and we need a good clear out,but is it the players or the manager at fault,in my opinion its the manager (but i will keep supporting him and the team )ive put my view of the players ,what do you think..

james....good

spence...average

fontaine....good

carey.....good but slowing down

foster.....good

killkenny.....poor

davis.....good

adomah....good

pearson....good

stead....good

wood...good

so i think we have good enough players to keep us up,

a lot of fans are saying the players are shite and we need a good clear out,but is it the players or the manager at fault,in my opinion its the manager (but i will keep supporting him and the team )ive put my view of the players ,what do you think..

james....good

spence...average

fontaine....good

foster.....good

killkenny.....poor

davis.....good

adomah....good

pearson....good

stead....good

wood...good

James - Decent but we really do need a younger keeper.

Spence - Not good enough

Fontaine - Our best defender

Carey - Past it

Foster - Not great

Kilkenny - Doesn't seem to care.

Davis - Class act at this level

Adomah - Class in first part of the season, not having such a good time at the minute though.

Pearson - Decent player

Stead - Decent player

Wood - Talented

I think we have a very poor team. Del has done well to get us to 31 points if you ask me..

I don't think, I know we have a poor Team.

What bothers me is that McInnes has been asked to do a job with a squad of Players that are not good enough, to big, and before he can buy he has to offload, and before he can do that it maybe to late.

I hope for us, the Fans, it's not, and that D Mc gets the chance to prove himself oneway or the other.

Davis - Sicknote, played one game in 2 years prior to joining us and only played one game for us. Looks good, but a bit too similar to what we already have, we could do with pace and energy in the middle. In any case, you can pick 11 good/ outstanding players and if you don't have the right team balance, it's no use.

The players seem to lack passion, not one or two, lots of them. What i would give to see passion from the team i follow, i don't care in what division, or who we are playing, if we win or lose. Want to see just a few lads on the park who are up for it. Not seeing this, very far from it.

Davis - Sicknote, played one game in 2 years prior to joining us and only played one game for us. Looks good, but a bit too similar to what we already have, we could do with pace and energy in the middle. In any case, you can pick 11 good/ outstanding players and if you don't have the right team balance, it's no use.

Can't see that.

I thought he won the ball yesterday and then used it, whereas "what we already have" can either win it but then can't pass it (Elliott) or can pass it but can't ever win it (Kilkenny).

Let's face it the fact that he'd not played a game in 27 months before yesterday was the only reason that he's with us, although nowhere near match fit it was blindingly obvious that if he had stayed fit all that time he'd have been completely out of our league.

What we are missing is Players who want to play for the Club, and have Pride in wearing the Red Shirt.

What we seem to have is , well we are going down boys, and some of us won't be here next Term, so what the Heck........

The most true thing said on here in a while. I dont mind having players out injured it happens but it hurts when its actually the ones who would care more, Marv and Skuse primarily. Get mccalister back in and stick foster RB, was impressed by stead, proved last season that hes willing to fight, him and Pitman up top, then Albert Davies Cisse/Kilkenny and Pearson midfield. We were hampered alot yesterday playing foster at left back, I know hes done it before but the team just didnt look balanced for large periods yesterday, surprised more people havnt picked up on it. We need to find some momentum, 4 wins should keep us up but where their coming from I dont know.

The most true thing said on here in a while. I dont mind having players out injured it happens but it hurts when its actually the ones who would care more, Marv and Skuse primarily. Get mccalister back in and stick foster RB, was impressed by stead, proved last season that hes willing to fight, him and Pitman up top, then Albert Davies Cisse/Kilkenny and Pearson midfield. We were hampered alot yesterday playing foster at left back, I know hes done it before but the team just didnt look balanced for large periods yesterday, surprised more people havnt picked up on it. We need to find some momentum, 4 wins should keep us up but where their coming from I dont know.

The players I look at who actually care are:

Liam Fontaine, Cole Skuse, Marvin Elliot and John Stead. Also maybe Macca.

Liam Fontaine - Because he's been here a long time now and has just signed a new contract so he obviously wants to be here and do well

Cole Skuse - Local boy, say no more

Marvin Elliot - Been here a long time and gained promotion so wouldn't want to see this club back in League one

John Stead - I think he genuinley does care and wants us to do well.

The players with a big fat FULL STOP.

L1 Players trying to play in the big boys play ground, only ONE outcome I'm afraid.

It also doesn't help with a board like ours!

Anyone remember the Tyre Garage advert with Jeff Stelling and Chris Kamara etc.

Well I'm afraid that's our board including SL.

Business is Business. Football is Football. Sometimes you can do both, but we all know it's not really working is it!

Can't see that.

I thought he won the ball yesterday and then used it, whereas "what we already have" can either win it but then can't pass it (Elliott) or can pass it but can't ever win it (Kilkenny).

Let's face it the fact that he'd not played a game in 27 months before yesterday was the only reason that he's with us, although nowhere near match fit it was blindingly obvious that if he had stayed fit all that time he'd have been completely out of our league.

Definitely nowhere near match fit, he showed occasional moments of quality, but I'm just not certain we have the time to get him match fit, and whether he will be back to his 'old self' this season. There is also the question of whether he will actually stay fit. Time will tell, but I certainly didn't get carried away with that 'First game hype' that seems to appear about all new signings. Time will tell, but I did not think that he looked to be 'the answer'.

OP you must be watching a different team!

David James - average at best, poor kicking and blames everyone but himself.

Liam Fontaine - average again, a player who shows signs of quality but doesn't show it on a weekly basis.

Louis Carey - great servant to the club but is past it

Jordan Spence - average/poor

Ricky Foster - decent player

Albert adomah - very good player

Neil Kilkenny - poor and very frustrating to watch

Stephan Pearson - average, at the start he looked good but has faded

Sean Davis - hard to comment but I personally yesterday didn't see much of him

Chris wood - average who has a woeful first touch

Jon stead - good player

We need a big clear out this summer, and here are the players to go:

James

Gerken

Mccalister

Nyatanga

Spence - loan

Kilkenny

Wood - loan

Pearson - loan

Carey

Woolford

JCR

Clarkson

This may seem harsh, but IF we stay up, we have to be harsh if we want to climb up the league. A fresh new start is needed.

Both are to blame but a lot of the players are awful

James - past it, Gerkin - back up at best

McGivern - awful, Spence - awful, MacAllistair past it 2 years ago, Carey past it but still our best defender worryingly, Fonts overrated, Nyatanga a Fontaine clone, Foster ok, Wilson naive at times but with decent coaching will come good

Marv can't pass a ball but still our most reliable midfielder, Skuse same as Marv but without the 5 goals a season, killkenny lee johnson clone with a slightly better range of passes, Cisse strong powerful should build the team around these types of players not try and fit him in somewhere, Pearson works hard little end product, Albert our best player but needs coaching to become better, Bolasie raw but some promise, Woolford awful, JCR awful

Wood Steve brooker clone no first touch but gets into good areas needs to put chances away, Stead gives 100% first name on my team sheet, Pitman like tony Thorpe has a habit of being in the right place at the right time probably doesn't work hard enough, clarkson awful.

In conclusion generally we are pretty sh*te

james....Past It

spence...Poor

fontaine....good

carey.....Past it

foster.....good @ right back

killkenny.....poor - spits his dummy out too much

davis.....? Not fit yet

adomah....good - No end product

pearson....Solid

stead....good

wood...Average

james....good

spence...average

fontaine....good

foster.....good

killkenny.....poor

davis.....good

adomah....good

pearson....good

stead....good

wood...good

Thats okay then, we should be top half having fun.............. But we are not

why are you all saying kilkenny is poor! we've all been moaning that we've needed a cm for the last 2 years and now we've got one that can actually pass the ball your all moaning!! what games have you been watching he's class.

He can be very good, however most games he is far from class.

Cant / wont head.. half assed challenges where he bottles it.. spend most of the time boll0ckin team mates, when he makes a mistake. When he plays further up the pitch, he is far more effective, but to me he's a luxury and should put in a shift.

James - past it now, but a good keeper on his day

Spence - not interested

McGivern - rubbish

Fontaine - decent

Nyatanga - average

Carey - too old now, but still one of our most reliable players and actually cares about the club

Foster - not seen enough to pass judgement

Wilson - youngster with promise, should be given a run

Cisse - excellent, must be retained and our most consistent performer

Elliot - love him, can't pass but works his bollocks off every week

Skuse - utility player who gives his all

Kilkenny - poor, shirks challenges, plays on top of the back four - not for me thanks

Adomah - top player but needs help

Bolasie - raw but should be given time

Pearson - decent footballer but has faded slightly

Woolford - garbage

JCR - not much better

Davis - not seen him play

Stead - works hard albeit no pace, should be given a run in a side now

Wood - not convinced, but clearly has talent - a victim of our useless midfield

Pitman - top finisher, but all round game is lacking - would like to see him up front in a 2

The manager - big fan initially and still think he needs time. Not convinced recently but I lay 90% of the blame at the players. Even if we go down bottom he should be given the chance to ship out the crap and build his own team in League One.

Doesn't look great really does it. A team of bottlers with limited ability equals relegation.

why are you all saying kilkenny is poor! we've all been moaning that we've needed a cm for the last 2 years and now we've got one that can actually pass the ball your all moaning!! what games have you been watching he's class.

Hi Neil welcome to the board :worship2:

Seriously - Kilkenny is infuriating to watch - spends most of his time b*tching & moaning at the others, when frankly he should be doing that at himself.

He tries to appear fiery however he is complete 100% powderpuff, dallies on the ball for ages before playing an obvious 3 yard pass to a player double marked.

I'd sooner have LJ back and I wasn't a fan of his - probably on a wedge less than than him too

Hey killa, ever thought of spelling your name correctly?

Kilkenny is a waster with a whining gob that turns up every 5th or so game. Worse than a bloody winger and he has one of the most pivotal roles in the team. Send him back to oz.

Archived