IGNORED

Mark Mccammon

LawrenceWestonNick

I see that City legend Mark McCammon is trying to sue Gillingham for Race discrimination and unfair dismissal.

He is alleging that there is a less favourable attitude in terms of punishments for missing training, medical care and pay cuts after relegation towards the black players of Gillingham.

How he can prove it i dont know and surely he is on a hiding for nothing

no

Did you read that in the Daily Mail?

nope, but seen enough bias myself to hold and truly believe that.

The trouble is in this country we're frightened to death to treat everyone the same, we seem to go out of our way to favour one group or another which in itself generates racism & hatred giving support to groups like the BNL, EDL - Nick Griffin must be laughing his head off at stuff like this!

Anyway enough of that!

I would have thought the opposite, in this country he'd have an extremely good chance of winning

and no, I'm not racist but just accept that racism, like sexism, only works one way in Britain!

Ok, before this descends into the usual slanging match (and I'm not saying anyone is starting an argument) but there are several things wrong with your post. Firstly, he may well have a good chance of winning it but the attitude that 'because it's in this country' is one that has been gleaned from creative journalism in papers such as the Mail. Typically, a journalist might present this as if it were a criminal case requiring proof beyond reasonable doubt, when in fact it's a civin case which can taken on a balance of probability. This was a common misconception regarding the Suarez case; it wasn't a criminal court and so the burden of proof is not loaded on the prosecution. Therefore it's easy to present the case of one that is inconclusive but the benefit of the doubt is given to the complainant because of his ethnicity when the benefit of the doubt is simply given because of the nature of the case. All McCammon would have to do in theory is show them that he is the only black player to have been treated a certain way rather than prove that he was treated that way BECAUSE he's a black player

On the wider issue of so-called 'positive discrimination' toward which you alluded, this is again (in part) a mis-truth. You'd actually have a better chance of getting a job with a quota in place if you were in a wheelchair than if you were black and I hope no one is implying they'd 'like' to be disabled. The exceptions in the main are jobs where the candidates are favoured because they're background is an advantage, i.e. Police officers to go and work in specific communities. The main reason you rarely hear about discrimination against White people is because we (and I'm presuming you're White) constitute about 88% of the British population and so it is by definition less likely that we will be discriminated against. We're blessed in this regard by birth to not have to face the same prejudices that some others have had to face and should be suitably thankful in this regard

I would have thought the opposite, in this country he'd have an extremely good chance of winning

and no, I'm not racist but just accept that racism, like sexism, only works one way in Britain!

I am not entirely sure that the facts back up your assertion, certainly not where race discrimination cases at Employment Tribunals are concerned in any event. In 2010 - 11, ultimately only 3% of claimants were successful when bringing their claim against employers, see page 8 http://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/publications/statistics-and-data/mojstats/employment-trib-stats-april-march-2010-11.pdf As the OP said, Mark McCammon could well be on a hiding to nothing with his former employers. It also appears that a similar rate of 'success' applies for disability discrimination cases.

Archived