IGNORED

Lets Go For It

Whale Eye Beef Hooked

I didn't really want to start another formation thread but we have been playing 4-5-1 / 4/3/3 for a while now to try and keep it tight in midfield but we are still leaking goals.

I would like to see us ( at home ) play adomah on the right bolasie on the left with 2 from wood,Pitman, stead up top with davis and Kilkenny in midfield. It might be a bit gung-ho but if we can go for it and score a couple we might have a chance. If we cant stop teams from scoring then lets try and outscore them.

Why change what we done on Saturday v Blackpool. We created enough chances to win the game. We contained Blackpool for most of the match, but we just need to take our chances and play for the full 90 mins (not sure how many times I have heard that this season!).

Because imo one of the problems with the formation we have been playing is that the opposition full backs are given too much space to come forward ... we just invite them on which is stretching us. If we played with two wide players that would keep their full backs pegged back in.... Yes in the first half what we did worked but as soon as they scored, Wood stayed up and their full back was coming forward causing us problems

Because imo one of the problems with the formation we have been playing is that the opposition full backs are given too much space to come forward ... we just invite them on which is stretching us. If we played with two wide players that would keep their full backs pegged back in.... Yes in the first half what we did worked but as soon as they scored, Wood stayed up and their full back was coming forward causing us problems

Agreed...

442 = Too open in midfield

451 = Can't score in a brothel

433 = Exposed on the flanks

There will always be a compromise in whatever formation we play. I would play 433 with two holding players, who can get across to help the fullbacks. I would drop Kilkenny (he can't tackle for s**t), and play more direct football (not pretty, but who cares).

Archived